View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 370 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2703203603663673683693703713723733743804204708701370 ... LastLast
Results 5,536 to 5,550 of 21672
    Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Wooooooo! Flash deluxe. Wish it was an omnibus, but that's close enough for now
    If it's anything like the Green Arrow or Swamp Thing deluxes it will be an omni in everything but the name. The lack of "Volume 1" seems to indicate this will collect their entire run together like those other N52 "Deluxe" editions. It's about 4 volumes worth (the fifth volume of Flash was written by Bucc, but not drawn by Manapul).

Gives me hope for Action Comics by Morrison and Aquaman by Johns to get the same treatment. WW may be too long. It's my guess for the first true N52 Omnibus (not counting the dumb sampler platter N52 omnis).

Wow, "World's Finest: The Golden Age Omnibus". And "Vol. 1", to boot! Surely if they release several volumes of this, we'll see Vol. 2 of GA Batman as well in spite of the first one suspiciously not sporting the word in the solicited title.

Spectacular Member TheYoungWolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Hey look what the fishing brought in:

http://www.amazon.com/Flash-Francis-...ords=dc+comics
    omg i'm so f'n happy about this! i was just about to give in and buy vol 1-5 the other night too. thank god i changed my mind lol

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    If it's anything like the Green Arrow or Swamp Thing deluxes it will be an omni in everything but the name. The lack of "Volume 1" seems to indicate this will collect their entire run together like those other N52 "Deluxe" editions. It's about 4 volumes worth (the fifth volume of Flash was written by Bucc, but not drawn by Manapul).

Gives me hope for Action Comics by Morrison and Aquaman by Johns to get the same treatment. WW may be too long. It's my guess for the first true N52 Omnibus (not counting the dumb sampler platter N52 omnis).
    hopefully they end up with good build quality. i really hope ac and aquaman gets announced soon. i've been wanting to read those but have been holding off for deluxe's.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post

You give me hope
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by aleksivic View Post
    That was probably my photo

It was!

You made me spend £130!

Incredible Member

Those fish are beauties. I'm getting all three. Shame about WW: EO, but can't say I'm surprised. Just a couple of days ago I was thinking it was strange how little we'd heard.

Watching The Wheels wrkngclasshero's Avatar

Never mind... I'm an idiot
    Last edited by wrkngclasshero; 06-29-2015 at 04:15 AM.
    "A working class hero is something to be..." - J. Lennon

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by aleksivic View Post
    That was probably my photo

You sir, are awesome. Cannot wait for Vol 3 to arrive. How's the binding? Vol 2 quality?

Spectacular Member

Deluxe Flash is amazing news! Hopefully their Batman run gets a matching Deluxe edition once they're done with that.

So that's Dial H, Superman Unchained, Batman Unwrapped: Court of Owls, Swamp Thing by Snyder, Green Arrow by Lemire, and Flash by B&M. The New 52 Deluxes are starting to ramp up!

Watching The Wheels wrkngclasshero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TehJofus View Post
    Deluxe Flash is amazing news! Hopefully their Batman run gets a matching Deluxe edition once they're done with that.

So that's Dial H, Superman Unchained, Batman Unwrapped: Court of Owls, Swamp Thing by Snyder, Green Arrow by Lemire, and Flash by B&M. The New 52 Deluxes are starting to ramp up!
    I'm hoping for deluxe versions of Morrison's Action and Lemire's Animal Man.
    "A working class hero is something to be..." - J. Lennon

Spectacular Member TheYoungWolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wrkngclasshero View Post
    I'm hoping for deluxe versions of Morrison's Action and Lemire's Animal Man.
    same! i really want WW the most though. and hopefully soule's ST too.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TehJofus View Post

Shockingly no Aquaman by Johns yet though, considering his status and the ease at which his work gets omnibus'd I'm really suprised we've got all these New 52 Deluxes and not one with his name on it!

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Wooooooo! Flash deluxe. Wish it was an omnibus, but that's close enough for now
    Well... if it's like The Swamp Thing by Snyder and Green Arrow by Lemire "deluxes"... it actually is an omnibus. I really don't understand why DC is calling them Deluxe Edition. To me, if they collect a lot of issues of a lengthy run or the whole of a shorter run, it's an Omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    Well... if it's like The Swamp Thing by Snyder and Green Arrow by Lemire "deluxes"... it actually is an omnibus. I really don't understand why DC is calling them Deluxe Edition. To me, if they collect a lot of issues of a lengthy run or the whole of a shorter run, it's an Omnibus.
    It'll be great to have all their New 52 stuff, and I really hope they cap the whole of the Buccellato run, even if he did a few at the end not drawn by Manapul, bet it cuts off with Manapul leaving though.

Now I just have to hope for a 12 issues hardcover of the Johns run between Brightest Day and Flashpoint (also drawn by Manapul (with Buccellato on inks) and I'll have the complete run that brought me back to Flash (even if I have since left again)

All-New Member

My guess with the deluxe editions is that they'll come with glued binding and that's probably the only difference between that and an omnibus. But it's just a trend I've seen with Identity Crisis, Batman Mad Love and New Frontier.