View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 381 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2813313713773783793803813823833843853914314818811381 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,715 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I'm not that keen on my gl omni, the gl absolutes that have been released are they all stand alone stories?

Yes, they work on their own. There's some lead-in you may be missing, but nothing crucial.

As much as I love the three GL Absolutes, if the omnibuses existed back then, I would have skipped Rebirth and Blackest Night. Not worth the double dip upgrade. But I probably would have still bought Sinestro Corps War, since it's the highlight of John's run and looks great at that size.

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    Yes, they work on their own. There's some lead-in you may be missing, but nothing crucial.

As much as I love the three GL Absolutes, if the omnibuses existed back then, I would have skipped Rebirth and Blackest Night. Not worth the double dip upgrade. But I probably would have still bought Sinestro Corps War, since it's the highlight of John's run and looks great at that size.
    It's just I found the 1st gl omni a bit if a chore to read, maybe the absolutes being shorter and more to the point may suit me better

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

It's just I found the 1st gl omni a bit if a chore to read, maybe the absolutes being shorter and more to the point may suit me better
    The material in the first omni is arguably the strongest of the entire run (Sinestro Corps War in particular). If you didn't like that, I don't know that you'll like the rest (but how could you not like SCW?!).

If you didn't get into the first omni, Johns' GL probably isn't your thing. As the above poster said, that's the strongest material in the run. Not that it gets much worse, it just doesn't get any better.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    The material in the first omni is arguably the strongest of the entire run (Sinestro Corps War in particular). If you didn't like that, I don't know that you'll like the rest (but how could you not like SCW?!).

I actually liked Blackest Night more.

(Though I read SCW pretty quickly, it could be better on a reread.)
    Cyclops was right

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    I actually liked Blackest Night more.

(Though I read SCW pretty quickly, it could be better on a reread.)
    I love BN because it works as sort of a meta-commentary of the concept of death in comics and the revolving door it typically is. Also, in typical Johns fashion, he uses the different plot devices to make very satisfying character beats for both DC heroes and villains (particularly which faction each character identifies with). Damn, I love Geoff Johns. He has not written a bad event.

Incredible Member

Is the Batman: The Golden Age omnibus on Amazon US yet? Trying to sort out some pre-orders and don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    I love BN because it works as sort of a meta-commentary of the concept of death in comics and the revolving door it typically is. Also, in typical Johns fashion, he uses the different plot devices to make very satisfying character beats for both DC heroes and villains (particularly which faction each character identifies with). Damn, I love Geoff Johns. He has not written a bad event.
    I loved BN, especially the first half with its 80's horror vibe but it would have been sooo much better if the black lanterns wouldn't talk so much. After a while it got irritating and pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    Is the Batman: The Golden Age omnibus on Amazon US yet? Trying to sort out some pre-orders and don't see it.
    I was wondering about this myself, apart from the original solicitation I could not find any information about this anywhere. If it really would come in November, it should be available for preorder already. I guess we will have to wait until the November-solicitations, then we will see.

Hmmm. That might make getting "DKR: The Master Race" in floppies interesting: DC will offer a European-style slipcase for the issues. And each issue will have a "off-trim size" addendum with DKR-universe stories by other authors and artists stitched to it.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/07/...e-master-race/

Maybe I'm just not a gl fan, my favourite was Guy Gardner in justice league international, it just seems like Johns stuff is all plot and no characterisation, I know a lot of people love him, but he just leaves me a bit cold

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Hmm . Interesting. GUY is my favorite GL as well but Johns made me love Hal as too

Amazing Member

I'm looking to expand my DC collection pre new 52 and I'm looking for some recommendations. I have most of the Omniboo released so I'm primarily interested in other collections or runs (I don't mind binding things that aren't collected). Currently I have:

Green Lantern Grell
    Suicide Squad
    Secret Six
    Morrisons Batman
    Deathstroke

Quote Originally Posted by kdjac0434 View Post
    I'm looking to expand my DC collection pre new 52 and I'm looking for some recommendations. I have most of the Omniboo released so I'm primarily interested in other collections or runs (I don't mind binding things that aren't collected). Currently I have:

Green Lantern Grell
    Suicide Squad
    Secret Six
    Morrisons Batman
    Deathstroke
    Here's a list of some of my favorites beyond what you already have... in no particular order, some of it is collected, some not:

Anything Ostrander (Spectre, Martian Manhunter, Hawkworld...)
    Anything Peter David (Young Justice, Supergirl, Aquaman...)
    Dixon's Nightwing, Robin, Birds of Prey
    Simone's Birds of Prey
    Mark Waid's Flash
    Kyle Baker's Plastic Man
    Post-Crisis Superman through Zero Hour (gets a bit iffy after that)
    Azrael by Denny O'Neil up through Cataclysm
    Wolfman/Perez New Teen Titans
    Perez, Rucka, Jimenez, and Simone Wonder Woman runs
    Giffen/DeMatteis Justice League
    Hitman
    Sterling Gates' Supergirl
    Rucka's Checkmate
    Kelley Puckett's Batgirl
    Bryan Q Miller Batgirl
    Morrison's JLA
    Denny O'Neil's The Question
    Alan Moore's Swamp Thing
    James Robinson's Starman
    Last edited by Dick Grayson; 07-11-2015 at 03:14 PM.

Can somebody tell me how is the paper in the Sandman Omnibus? Glossy, matte, Vertigo toilet paper?