View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 39 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349891395391039 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Just a quick heads up, Speedy Hen currently have some pretty good prices on DC/Vertigo books e.g.

52, Sandman 1+2, Invisibles Omnibus's - £45.05

Doom Patrol Omnibus pre-order - £44.40

JSA Omnibus - £39.40

Absolutes - £31.25

Planetary/Animal Man/Brightest Day/Flash by Johns Omnibus - £23.92

Daytripper Deluxe - £12.17

Fables/Y The Last Man/Invisibles/DMZ Deluxes - £10.80

These are the prices shown on thier own website it seems they have similar prices up on the amazon.co.uk marketplace but if you order through there you will have to pay the shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    What I find worrying of Big damn Sin city is that Amazon lists the weight as just over 1 pound, while Colossal Conan is over 13 pounds. Don't know if it's a mistake...
    Amazon often have the stats wrong. They'll release it, ship it, change it's status to under review and then when it's available to order again, have a huge oversize surcharge on shipping.

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mobe1969 View Post
    No it is Library Ed size. 12 "
    This is the same size as the actual Sin City Library Editions from a few years ago, then? Or, say, a DC Asbolute?

I was certain when this was first announced people were bummed about it being standard trim.

Because at those dimensions at that price that's some book.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Valentino View Post
    This is the same size as the actual Sin City Library Editions from a few years ago, then? Or, say, a DC Asbolute?

I was certain when this was first announced people were bummed about it being standard trim.

Because at those dimensions at that price that's some book.
    You remember correctly. The original announcement was wrong. They corrected it in the solicits.

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

Aw nuts.

I just bought volume 2 of the Library sets, like a week ago. Man that is some deal. How are Dark Horse on big books? Any of Marvel's paper concerns or DC's binding concerns?

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Valentino View Post
    Aw nuts.

I just bought volume 2 of the Library sets, like a week ago. Man that is some deal. How are Dark Horse on big books? Any of Marvel's paper concerns or DC's binding concerns?
    Check the DH hardcover thread. Their hardcovers, especially the library editions are considered to be one of the best HC's available. A library edition is basically a slightly smaller absolute without slipcase and dustcover but with better paper.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

All-New Member

Cheers mate! Good find

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Josh_ View Post
    Just a quick heads up, Speedy Hen currently have some pretty good prices on DC/Vertigo books e.g.
    Thanks! Went on and cancelled orders for Batman: AA Living Hell and Invisibles 2, then instantly reordered

Seems like every single DC oversized hardcover has dropped in price. No idea why, but who cares, time to buy stuff!

I've been thinking about picking up the Planetary Omnibus. Is it worth the price? Not the story, but the format (binding, size, that stuff).

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    I've been thinking about picking up the Planetary Omnibus. Is it worth the price? Not the story, but the format (binding, size, that stuff).
    For size, definitely worth it. It's double the size of the likes of Captain America Lives and Flash by Geoff Johns 1, but costs the same. The binding isn't amazing, but it's absolutely manageable. It's kind of in that middle-ground area for DC Omnibuseseseses. Not as good as Sleeper/Superman, but nowhere near as bad as stuff like Green Lantern Vol 2.

Also, one of the best printed covers ever. You'll be tempted to leave the dust jacket off.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    The content for price is great. The binding is a little tight. The cover is amazing, I indeed tend to showcase it without the dustjacket.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Josh_ View Post

Thanks a lot for the heads up cancelled half a dozen or so amazon orders where the prices were hugely in Speedy hens favour. Must of saved my self at least £40 (and thats after the Brightest Day pre-order that i wasnt planning on getting)!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miss H View Post
    Cheers mate! Good find
    Quote Originally Posted by TehJofus View Post
    Thanks! Went on and cancelled orders for Batman: AA Living Hell and Invisibles 2, then instantly reordered

Seems like every single DC oversized hardcover has dropped in price. No idea why, but who cares, time to buy stuff!
    No problem.

Yeah they it's like they've all come down by x %
    I do wonder if it was intentional as it only seems to be on DC's stuff, other publishers are unaffected.

I get a bonus from work next week so I went ahead and picked up a lot of books I was on the edge/been meaning to pick up.

Ended up ordering:

Absolute Batman and Robin
    Absolute Joker/Luthor
    Absolute Dark Victory
    Day tripper Deluxe
    Invisibles Vol.1 Deluxe
    Y: The Last Man Deluxes 1-5

I just hope they all get dispatched!!

Fantastic Member

Ok it's not hardcover, but I have a question about The Spectre Vol. 1 that came out about a week or so ago. Has anyone ordered this? Can someone tell me if there was a diamond shipping problem with it, or if it got delayed for some reason? I had it pre-ordered on DCBS and it hasn't been included in my monthly shipment. Just figured I'd ask here before I email them. I dont like bugging them too much since they are pretty awesome.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    Ok it's not hardcover, but I have a question about The Spectre Vol. 1 that came out about a week or so ago. Has anyone ordered this? Can someone tell me if there was a diamond shipping problem with it, or if it got delayed for some reason? I had it pre-ordered on DCBS and it hasn't been included in my monthly shipment. Just figured I'd ask here before I email them. I dont like bugging them too much since they are pretty awesome.
    I received my monthly DCBS shipment on Wednesday 5/28, and my copy was included. Was it on the invoice included with your shipment? If so I'd definitely contact them; if not, check your account online for "Unshipped Items". If it's listed there, you'll get it next time.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES