View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 408 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 3083583984044054064074084094104114124184585089081408 ... LastLast
Results 6,106 to 6,120 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I have all 100 issues of the original Azrael run and it was very strong for the first half. The back 1/2 is spotty in places but I always enjoyed the Jean Paul Valley Azrael and feel he's a character that was tossed aside in the nu52 reboot.
    I'd like to hold out for an Azrael Omni but feel if these TPBs aren't supported then an Omni is out of the question. Ah, decisions!!!
    Such a great underrated series.

Looks like DC is getting in the fat trades of classic books. I'll be supporting them, $20 for close to 20 issues of Justice League Silver Age sounds pretty amazing. I struggled with buying the $100 omnibus, but it should be a great way to grab silver and golden age books.

Multiversity is down to 23 bucks and change on Amazon prime. Seems like a steal given the content and page count.

And Wonder Woman: Earth One is up for 11 bucks for an April release.

I talked to Yanick Paquette at Boston Comic Con over the weekend and he said it's been done forever and the studio decided to hold off on it to tie it in with the release of the BvS film. He also said he went all out and was hands on with the Swamp Thing deluxe, stating he designed a brand new wraparound cover that should put others to shame, with the green basically exploding off and consuming the book itself! He said most artists aren't consulted for things like this (example: talked to Tim Sale and he had no say in the recent Superman for All Seasons DLX edition) but he made it his mission to reach out and be proactive, consulting on the scans, sketches in the back, paper quality etc. so that the fans get the best product possible. Suffice to say, he was one of the coolest guys I've ever met in the business. He even drew an awesome Batman sketch in my Batman Inc DLX book while we were chatting. He just dug right in, without me even having to ask. An awesome amount of artists there did this, actually. Best of the 3 years I've been going, for sure.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
    Multiversity is down to 23 bucks and change on Amazon prime. Seems like a steal given the content and page count.

And Wonder Woman: Earth One is up for 11 bucks for an April release.
    There's been a lot of price dropping on DC and Marvel books lately, particularly Marvel Epic Collections. It's a good time to pre-order as Amazon will honor the lowest price before shipping.

That Neal Adams Batman omnibus has dropped almost 50% from the orginal Amazon price over the past few weeks, which was already 30% off. The Breyfogle Legends of the Dark Knight was also dropped significantly before it was released, and the Snyder Swamp Thing omnibus is more than 50% off right now. The shipping price for the recent Millar ST volume was $9.89, more than 50% off.

I don't know what's going on, but it pays to pre-order.
    Last edited by FanboyStranger; 08-06-2015 at 10:56 PM.

Just on the Snyder/Paquette Swamp Thing HC, Yanick posted the coloured cover on Twitter a little while back. It may have been posted already, but here's the final product for anyone who missed it

Incredible Member

The GC omni stings a little, because I only got the series in the form of the four trades in late 2012. But.. yes, it shall be mine. The KC deluxe is one of those white whale things for me. With DKR coming in a couple of months, all that's left on that particular list is an ASS deluxe...

Will be picking up Darkseid War (what's with the other, differently titled version?), Aquaman by Johns and perhaps Batman: Europa.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    There's been a lot of price dropping on DC and Marvel books lately, particularly Marvel Epic Collections. It's a good time to pre-order as Amazon will honor the lowest price before shipping.

That Neal Adams Batman omnibus has dropped almost 50% from the orginal Amazon price over the past few weeks, which was already 30% off. The Breyfogle Legends of the Dark Knight was also dropped significantly before it was released, and the Snyder Swamp Thing omnibus is more than 50% off right now. The shipping price for the recent Millar ST volume was $9.89, more than 50% off.

I don't know what's going on, but it pays to pre-order.
    Yeah, I also noticed the price drops. The discounts on amazon.com seem to peak at 52%.

I've preordered and ordered several books at this discount including the JSA Omnibus Vol. 3 and the Norm Breyfogle Dark Knight book, amongst others.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Of the new batch of upcoming books, I'm pretty happy about the Aquaman Johns Omnibus. I hope it's not a deluxe and it includes those later issues. I hope Johns Justice League also gets an Omnibus as I've enjoyed both JL and AM in the N52. Of course the Throne of Atlantis arc will appear in both books but that's totally fine with me.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Of the new batch of upcoming books, I'm pretty happy about the Aquaman Johns Omnibus. I hope it's not a deluxe and it includes those later issues. I hope Johns Justice League also gets an Omnibus as I've enjoyed both JL and AM in the N52. Of course the Throne of Atlantis arc will appear in both books but that's totally fine with me.
    Ill have to take a look at those solicits again, but i coulda sworn it said aquaman by johns deluxe.

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    Ill have to take a look at those solicits again, but i coulda sworn it said aquaman by johns deluxe.
    These solicits are littered with mistakes, so I wouldn't take anything on them as gospel or final. The Aquaman one says it's the "complete" run by Johns but the issues included don't bear that out, for example. But it looks like all the New 52 oversized releases are deluxe, rather than omnibuses, thus far (Swamp Thing by Snyder, Flash by Manapul/Bucellato, etc)

Though if the deluxes end up having sewn binding, the only difference between an omnibus and a deluxe would be the name, right? It'll be interesting to see how the Snyder Swamp Thing comes out.
    Last edited by Dick Grayson; 08-07-2015 at 11:55 AM.

I'm halfway through the JSA v. 3 omnibus and I've got to say the stories NOT written by Johns kind of suck. I mean did we really need a 6-7 issue arc on the Gentleman Ghost?

Just figured I'm chime in. Heh.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I'm halfway through the JSA v. 3 omnibus and I've got to say the stories NOT written by Johns kind of suck. I mean did we really need a 6-7 issue arc on the Gentleman Ghost?

Just figured I'm chime in. Heh.
    Yep. I stated as much to someone earlier in this thread if the third volume was as good as the first two and it is not. After Johns left, the quality of the stories definitely got worse
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Yep. I stated as much to someone earlier in this thread if the third volume was as good as the first two and it is not. After Johns left, the quality of the stories definitely got worse
    Yeah, I recall someone saying that (I guess it was you). I definitely agree. I loved the first two. I'm going to stick with it but I suspect as I get into more and more non-Johns stories I'll slow down.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Yeah, I recall someone saying that (I guess it was you). I definitely agree. I loved the first two. I'm going to stick with it but I suspect as I get into more and more non-Johns stories I'll slow down.
    I always said that the Levitz story, while doesn't suck (it has a beginning a middle and an end and gets from A to B) but absolutely unnecessary and dull.
    But I remember liking the Justice Society stuff by Johns after that, very much. That was my first exposure to the JSA and pretty much fell in love with them after a few issues (although I still think the depiction of the villains is a bit too violent for a mainstream superhero book sometimes).
    After Johns left (like 25-35 issues maybe?) it went downhill and hit rock bottom with Guggenheim.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I always said that the Levitz story, while doesn't suck (it has a beginning a middle and an end and gets from A to B) but absolutely unnecessary and dull.
    But I remember liking the Justice Society stuff by Johns after that, very much. That was my first exposure to the JSA and pretty much fell in love with them after a few issues (although I still think the depiction of the villains is a bit too violent for a mainstream superhero book sometimes).
    After Johns left (like 25-35 issues maybe?) it went downhill and hit rock bottom with Guggenheim.
    Yeah, I really like Geoff Johns, but his body count was absurdly high from cerca Countdown to Infinite Crisis through Sinestro Corps War(the Teen Titans/Superboy Prime fight in IC come to mind). However, I still do love those JSA omnis. It's too bad he couldn't have stayed on the title until New 52 got rid of most of those characters. I think it's his best work.