View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 41 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551911415411041 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Thanks for the heads up Josh.

I preordered Flash Silver Age Omnibus (£31.25) and Brightest Day Omnibus (£23.92). I'm thinking of getting the Green Lantern Omnibus Vol. 2 as I have the first volume. Anyone have this one? Any thoughts on it?
    No problem Raffi.

I used to have a copy of GL Vol.2 but I sold it straight after reading it.

The stories were an enjoyable read, but DC used thicker paper than in Vol.1, which in itself isn't a bad thing, but combined with the glued binding it made this one of the worst examples of a mousetrap binding I've seen.

If you can get past that it's worth it for the cheap price.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ben11345 View Post
    John's flash and the Planetary omnibus is sold out on Speedy Hen
    It's worth it to just put an order in and they will ship it out, for the price you ordered, when it comes in stock.

BANNED

Do they still ship UK only?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Josh_ View Post
    It's worth it to just put an order in and they will ship it out, for the price you ordered, when it comes in stock.
    I'm tempted to do that with the first Brubaker Cap Omnibus, they have it listed for £31. I'd never get it, but I'm so tempted to just order and see what happens
    Last edited by TehJofus; 05-31-2014 at 01:02 PM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Josh_ View Post
    No problem Raffi.

I used to have a copy of GL Vol.2 but I sold it straight after reading it.

The stories were an enjoyable read, but DC used thicker paper than in Vol.1, which in itself isn't a bad thing, but combined with the glued binding it made this one of the worst examples of a mousetrap binding I've seen.

If you can get past that it's worth it for the cheap price.
    Thanks for the reply Josh. Something to think over

I just put in an another order. This one for Wednesday Comics at £16.82 (RRP: £37.99). If anyone is ordering this item, beware, it's listed twice with one priced at £26.05 (RRP: £45.00).

Quote Originally Posted by TehJofus View Post
    I'm tempted to do that with the first Brubaker Cap Omnibus, they have it listed for £31. I'd never get it, but I'm so tempted to just order and see what happens

LOL. I put the order in. Nothing to lose right?

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    Unfortunately, it seems that way. Your credit card address also has to match the delivery address which was a first for me. My brother came to the rescue here as I live in Poland. All my speedyhen orders are on him, well kind of

Edit: my reply above relates to orders made directly from the Speedyhen website. I haven't ordered from them thru the amazon.co.uk marketplace so I can't comment.
    Last edited by Raffi Ol D'Arcy; 05-31-2014 at 01:50 PM.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Unfortunately, it seems that way. Your credit card address also has to match the delivery address which was a first for me. My brother came to the rescue here as I live in Poland. All my speedyhen orders are on him, well kind of
    Ah, does he live in the UK and ship it to you later?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Amazing Member

Just ordered absolute top 10 from speedyhen on amazon marketplace. Shipping to belgium doesn't seem to be a problem.
    Thanks for the tip josh!

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Ah, does he live in the UK and ship it to you later?
    I'll pick them up. We generally visit family in the UK once a year. There's a ton of books waiting for me. I doubt I"ll be able to take half of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    They ship to other places if you order through Amazon. Shipping price is approximately 4 pounds/item for everything.
    Last edited by Balakin; 05-31-2014 at 01:59 PM.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

I'll pick them up. We generally visit family in the UK once a year. There's a ton of books waiting for me. I doubt I"ll be able to take half of them.
    Ah, that's nice. Nice that you still have contact even tough there's so much land between you
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

BANNED

The problem with Amazon is that they won't list Speedyhen as a seller until the product has become avaiable, but yeah i'll just cancel my Doom Patrol Omnibus and wait for the speedyhen price to become avaiable on Amazon marketplace.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teecee View Post
    Just ordered absolute top 10 from speedyhen on amazon marketplace. Shipping to belgium doesn't seem to be a problem.
    Thanks for the tip josh!
    Same over for me and just the 'dispatched' email so everything should be fine for you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by TehJofus View Post
    For size, definitely worth it. It's double the size of the likes of Captain America Lives and Flash by Geoff Johns 1, but costs the same. The binding isn't amazing, but it's absolutely manageable. It's kind of in that middle-ground area for DC Omnibuseseseses. Not as good as Sleeper/Superman, but nowhere near as bad as stuff like Green Lantern Vol 2.

Also, one of the best printed covers ever. You'll be tempted to leave the dust jacket off.
    Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    The content for price is great. The binding is a little tight. The cover is amazing, I indeed tend to showcase it without the dustjacket.
    Thank you for the answers! I've decided to buy it. Especially after comparing prices... the Omnibus is cheaper than regular trades!