View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 410 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 3103604004064074084094104114124134144204605109101410 ... LastLast
Results 6,136 to 6,150 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    I love that DC is doing so many more deluxes. Will definitely get the Flash and Gotham central but I'm annoyed that of all the Busiek Superman, Identity is the only thing that gets a treatment. Still dying for his whole Superman run to get a deluxe/omnibus.

Agreed on all points, although that Identity is an amazing read. How much Superman has Johns done? I know hes writing a title now, but didn't he have a run prior to the New 52?

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Agreed on all points, although that Identity is an amazing read. How much Superman has Johns done? I know hes writing a title now, but didn't he have a run prior to the New 52?
    He had a pretty long one I think. HE did that really great Brainiac story line and as well as quite a few other stories. I can't remember if he actually worked on the title as the monthly writer but he has done a lot and I'm actually surprised we haven't seen a Superman omni from Johns yet.

I think Superman Identity is mostly a great read but if we're going to get one deluxe from Busiek's Superman run there are much better options then another origin story. And Superman has had a lot in recent memory.
    Last edited by Captain Planet; 08-08-2015 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    He had a pretty long one I think. HE did that really great Brainiac story line and as well as quite a few other stories. I can't remember if he actually worked on the title as the monthly writer but he has done a lot and I'm actually surprised we haven't seen a Superman omni from Johns yet.

I think Superman Identity is mostly a great read but if we're going to get one deluxe from Busiek's Superman run there are much better options then another origin story. And Superman has had a lot in recent memory.
    I wonder if you're thinking of Birthright because Superman Identity isn't an origin story. It's an elsworld's tale and actually chronicles the whole life of the character.

That said, yes, I'm surprised we don't have a Johns omni. I'd pick it up.

I wonder if you're thinking of Birthright because Superman Identity isn't an origin story. It's an elsworld's tale and actually chronicles the whole life of the character.

That said, yes, I'm surprised we don't have a Johns omni. I'd pick it up.
    Yeah, I am thinking of Waid's Superman Origin story. Still, I'd rather have Busiek's main run material as opposed to yet another ---- remove origin story and insert elseworlds story ---- about Superman.

Incredible Member

I'm trying to think about what Busiek's Superman run involved exactly? I know he at least co-wrote the first One Year later arc, with Superman starting out powerless and Lex getting Kryptonian crystal tech... I really liked that story, actually. And Camelot Falls, which I only read a couple issues of, but have my eye on the two trades. Was the rest high-quality?

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

He was on one of the Supes books monthly after Infinite Crisis and Busiek was on the other. Johns' monthly run is all collected in Last Son, Escape from Bizarro World, Superman & the Legion of Super Heroes, and Brainiac. After Brainiac James Robinson took over and had a mediocre run. Johns continued work on the character in Secret Origin (a mini-series I think) which is quite good, but is yet another Superman origin story.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wisdom View Post
    Without Doom Patrol/Suicide Special, but with #16-18 in both volumes.

The contents of Legacy/Contagion don't contain any of Contagion, only Legacy, but at least includes the Bane one-shot. Not sure why they'd name it "Legacy/Contagion" if it only includes Legacy, plus with a $35 price tag, surely they will actually add Contagion (and hopefully Bane of the Demon 1-4 since it is integral to Legacy):
    "Batman: The Shadow of the Bat #53-54, Batman #533-534, Detective Comics #700-702, Catwoman #36, Robin #32-33, and Batman: Bane."

Chronicles #16 has stories that occur Road To NML, but already were in NML trade. Price way high for that little issues. Azrael #50 will end up being nowhere.

You don't really know what's in vol. 3. #19-20 are parts of Cataclysm, #23 is part of Brotherhood of the Fist. There are also #1/2, DC One Million and Nightwing/Huntress in play.

Not to mention that between vol. 1 and 2 third mini-series, two Annuals and Robin #1-5 were skipped...

Also...

Batman by Brubaker has only 9 issues, has Our Worlds At War tie-in, but of course not Batman: OWAW one-shot also by Bru.

Batman: War Games vol. 2 has part of Act Two and Three, where it should have both, War Crimes, and other Gabrych issues, but that last one is a pipe dream considering everything else.

Birds of Prey vol. 2 might skip the remaining one-shot that wasn't in vol. 1.

Post-Brubaker Catwoman could have been mapped better.

Deathstroke mapping is a total disaster. Vols 2-3 are half the length vol. 1 was, should have a Superman issue, and if they don't skip Steven Grant issues, I'll really be surprised.

Secret Six vol. 4 should end the series but it doesn't.

Supergirl by David and Frank don't even have every David/Frank issue.

Superman Adventures skips 19 issues.

Flash by Johns omits material from the Omnis.

Flash by Morrison/Millar doesn't have Millar's issues, and of course the parts of cross-over with Green Lantern and Green Arrow from those titles.

Wonder Woman by Deodato has half of his run instead of all of it.
    I think those solicits are incomplete/incorrect. There are a ton of errors. Now the frustrating part will be trying to find out the correct contents as this incorrect info is likely to be disseminated for the next 9 months instead of ever getting corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    I'm trying to think about what Busiek's Superman run involved exactly? I know he at least co-wrote the first One Year later arc, with Superman starting out powerless and Lex getting Kryptonian crystal tech... I really liked that story, actually. And Camelot Falls, which I only read a couple issues of, but have my eye on the two trades. Was the rest high-quality?
    There were some really good issues here and there, but Busiek's Superman was mostly mediocre and ruined by editorial interference, since he was forced to use the Chris character from Geoff Johns's Last Son arc, which suffered horrible delays. Definitely not worthy of an omnibus. Then again, a Camelot Falls deluxe would be nice. That was the high point of his run, along with the Krypto one-shot.

Johns's run, on the other hand, was really good with some truly amazing art, with Adam Kubert and Gary Frank at their bests. The only problem is that it ends with the beginning of a huge crossover (New Krypton).

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    Anyone know how bad the new frontier deluxe was, approx sameish page counts.

Also will the third gl omni go right to "the end" trade" or will it stop at new 52s start
    Just reading your comment made me remember my "fingerache" from holding that book open. A gorgeous book (the trade dressing and extras were AMAZING) ruined by some truly horrible binding.

Spectacular Member Gerald Keefer's Avatar

Kubert and Frank were good but Eric Powell on Escape from Bizarro World blew me away. Probably my fave modern Superman story.Johns on Superman has been amazing but he's never done a long, sustained run. Even his short arc with Jr Jr was excellent. I wish he would do supes long term. If not do an omni and OMIT the first issue of New Krypton.

And sign me up for the deluxe Camelot Falls! Great stuff!

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Speaking of N52 deluxes and Superman, I'm betting Morrisons's run on Action Comics is the next deluxe solicited.

Spectacular Member Lake Nowhere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    Speaking of N52 deluxes and Superman, I'm betting Morrisons's run on Action Comics is the next deluxe solicited.
    Fingers crossed. Though an Absolute Edition sitting right next to All Star Superman would look nice on a shelf.

All-New Member

Here in Brazil we already have an omnibus-like edition for Morrison's Action Comics. It's not oversized, but it contains the whole run plus the backup stories and a bunch of extra content.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    I'm actually surprised it hasn't been solicited already.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    There were some really good issues here and there, but Busiek's Superman was mostly mediocre and ruined by editorial interference, since he was forced to use the Chris character from Geoff Johns's Last Son arc, which suffered horrible delays. Definitely not worthy of an omnibus. Then again, a Camelot Falls deluxe would be nice. That was the high point of his run, along with the Krypto one-shot.

Johns's run, on the other hand, was really good with some truly amazing art, with Adam Kubert and Gary Frank at their bests. The only problem is that it ends with the beginning of a huge crossover (New Krypton).
    Camelot Falls deluxe is what I'm most interested in.