View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 412 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 3123624024084094104114124134144154164224625129121412 ... LastLast
Results 6,166 to 6,180 of 21672
    BANNED

Tom Hardy is going to star and produce 100 Bullets film adaptation.

I'm glad I didn't buy the 5 deluxe editions, always knew we would eventually get an Omnibus out of this!

Amazing Member

What years are the stories from the Norm Breyfogle Batman book cover? I don't want to blondly purchase something I won't enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post

I'm glad I didn't buy the 5 deluxe editions, always knew we would eventually get an Omnibus out of this!

yeah, time to do a Gotham Central

I wouldn't hold my breath.
    DC is not like Marvel in which series of deluxe editions are eventually/often collected in omnibus books.
    (Personally, I hope they finally collect the Lono mini in a deluxe.)

On a side note, Azz once said in an interview that they were looking at Absolute editions of the run, although, I always kind of questioned that although with the release of Y and Transmet who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    yeah, time to do a Gotham Central
    it's announced

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    it's announced
    no, meant it's time to sell my 100 bullets in prep for an omnibus (or hopefully 3 absolutes) as i have just sold my Gotham Central HC's in readiness for the GC omni

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    On a side note, Azz once said in an interview that they were looking at Absolute editions of the run, although, I always kind of questioned that although with the release of Y and Transmet who knows.
    yeah, i think we already agreed on this, if Y can get absolutes, so should this and EX Machina

Which would guys reccomend? I always go for hardcovers over paperbacks. Besides earth 2 do the hardxovers have anything else that the paperbacks don't? Im assuming it has some extras like most hardcovers do. And is there a stand alone tower of babel tpb or hc ? Ive seen the earth 2 movie which was awesome and Justice league doom which is based od tower of Babel if I remember right.

I love batman but idk about him throwing in some of the zaineyness of the older bat comics into it. Even though I haven't read anything from the 60 and 70s batman but the Adam west Tv show ive heard is a good idea of what there like. I could be wrong though im pretty new to comic stuff.

Yep, they probably want to capitalize on the Batman vs. Superman movie.
    Hard to imagine how they can capitalize on the BvS movie with stories from the 70s. I doubt a casual movie fan could ever enjoy stories so old. On the other hand, we omnibus collectors will buy this book no matter when it comes out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    DC is not like Marvel in which series of deluxe editions are eventually/often collected in omnibus books.
    Perhaps, but DC like Marvel has collected material due to movies and television shows, case in point:
    - Gotham City Central Omni (Gotham tv show)
    - iZombie Omnibus (iZombie show)
    - Absolute Green Arrow + 2 deluxe editions of Green Arrow so far (Arrow)
    - Flash Deluxe Editions (Flash show)

We'll see more stuff next year related to Batman, Superman, Batman and Superman, Wonder Woman and Suicide Squad.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

I literally ordered all 5 deluxes this morning but I got them cheap enough that I don't care if an omni comes along.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Well, a 100 Bullets Omni would benefit from DC's improved bindings, but other than that I don't see another benefit.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

That's the one utility I get outta DC's TV and film: More & better collected editions.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I literally ordered all 5 deluxes this morning but I got them cheap enough that I don't care if an omni comes along.
    The deluxes are nice. I much prefer a deluxe over an omnibus. Better reading experience IMO just from a handling standpoint. Even if it costs more, if there are deluxes I will buy that over an omnibus. Never understood some people's preference for huge, awkward telephone book sized collections.

Spectacular Member

Is Identity Crisis worth the Absolute treatment? (Yes, I know about the printing error.) I've never read the story, but quick image googling doesn't really convince me artwise it is worth the big pages. Maybe just go for the OHC? Would fit nicely next to the Infinite Crisis Omni.