View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 417 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 3173674074134144154164174184194204214274675179171417 ... LastLast
Results 6,241 to 6,255 of 21671
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Just saw that superman American alien is written by Max landis . I hope this is the same story from his pitch to Dc that's on youtube. If you haven't seen the video you need to watch it. The way he explains it is awesome I watch it every once in a while its like listening to an awesome audio book read along. Although he is a douche lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mix_Masta_Micah View Post
    Wow, can't believe that I hadn't seen this before. I hope you're right because that got me jazzed for that!
    It's not, that was a Death of Superman reboot he was pitching. This is a seven issue anthology of key moments in Superman's development (learning to fly as a child, getting arrested once as a teenager, facing Doomsday for the first time as Superman etc). There are multiple covers and a couple of interviews floating around since SDCC.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Morrison has the most confusing Batman run ever collection wise. There are oop deluxes and absolutes but no omni and it's also best if you read Final Crisis as well and that's not an easy read for a newbie.
    While I would agree it's not a great jump on point for new readers, this isn't really accurate.
    I will provide ISBN numbers you can look up on Amazon and other sites:

1. Batman and Son/Black Glove (SC: 1401244025, DLX HC: 1401233368)

*Though the SC and HC go by different titles, the content is identical.
    The HC does appear to be out of print, but can still be found for a reasonable price

2. Batman RIP (SC: 1401225764, DLX HC: 1401220908)

*Again, the HC is OOP but easily found for cheap

3. Time and the Batman (SC: 1401229905, HC: 1401229891)

*Yet again, HC is OOP but cheap. This is the only volume in the run not released over-sized

4. Return of Bruce Wayne (SC: 1401233821, DLX HC: 1401229689)

*As with the previous 3, HC is OOP but reasonably priced

5. Absolute Batman and Robin (1401237371)

*Instead of listing all the various ways to collect this series, here it all is in one massive tome

6. Absolute Batman Inc (1401251218)

*Again, one massive tome collects the entire series

That's really the entirety of it. You can look up reading orders to see the handful of flip-flopping
    between books you might wish to do to read everything in perfect chronological order.

Here are optional, related supplemental books:

1. Arkham Asylum (DLX HC: 1401251250)

*Morrison's first Batman work. Not tied too heavily to his later run,
    but an excellent read, none the less, and highly recommended

2. Batman: Gothic (DLX HC: 1401255167)

*Another early Morrison work that doesn't relate, but a solid story on it's own

3. Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul (HC: 1401217850)

This was a crossover in the middle of Morrison's proper run. He contributed two issues
    to the story, but they are largely self-contained and have little bearing on future issues.

4. Final Crisis (SC: 140124517X)

This event, penned by Morrison, ran alongside "RIP" and expands on the lead up to
    "Return of Bruce Wayne", but the most important bits are reiterated in "Time and the Batman",
    so therefore, I list it as optional. Though I consider it a phenomenal, albeit dense, experience to read

5. Black Casebook (SC: 1401222641)

Hand-picked golden/silver age stories that inspired Grant's run

Hope some of that helps!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

As noted earlier, the Batman by Neal Omnibus has not only increased in price from $75.00 to $99.99, the page count has now increased from 640 to a whopping 1,072!

Also this: "Retailers: This title is resolicited. All previous orders are cancelled."

My preorder (at £30) is still "active" on amazon.co.uk. Let's hope it stays that way.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    The price gets updated auromatically. So if you order something today for $20, the next day it's $15 and the day after that it's $25 then you pay $15.
    Yes, I get that, and it's pretty cool.
    the issue with it is that you have no way of being aware of that price fluctuation other than checking yourself everyday. Example: I pre-ordered the Black Science HC coming out later this year at 40 EUR on amazon DE, a week after pre ordering i saw that the price had dropped to 30 EUR so I know I'll get it at that price though on the order page there's no mention of it, it still displays 40 EUR.

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Just saw that superman American alien is written by Max landis . I hope this is the same story from his pitch to Dc that's on youtube. If you haven't seen the video you need to watch it. The way he explains it is awesome I watch it every once in a while its like listening to an awesome audio book read along. Although he is a douche lol.
    I remember watchin the TDaRoS video and another one where he defends Man of steel and really didn't like his style and take on the stories (and I'm not a MoS hater but I'm not a fan either). That said, I could probably enjoy a story from him but the way he described Superman in the MoS video was really not a version I would like to ever read about (as a regular Superman book).

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stargasm View Post
    Yes, I get that, and it's pretty cool.
    the issue with it is that you have no way of being aware of that price fluctuation other than checking yourself everyday. Example: I pre-ordered the Black Science HC coming out later this year at 40 EUR on amazon DE, a week after pre ordering i saw that the price had dropped to 30 EUR so I know I'll get it at that price though on the order page there's no mention of it, it still displays 40 EUR.
    I totally get what you're saying.

I wrote to amazon several times regarding certain preorders that had decreased in price but with no reflection on the order price. This is what they had to say:

"I do understand that the price of this item has again reduced on our website but it has not been reflected on your order status. As per our policy it will not be reflected on your order status. However, I would like to inform you that whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, video game or software item from Amazon, the price you pay will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.co.uk between the time you placed your order and the release date

We can not reduce the price on the order as it may possible that the item price will reduce further. For more information on Amazon's pricing policies, please visit our Help pages at:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cust...nodeId=1040614 "

There is some very weird logic in what they write. I'm sure that in the past they modified the price in line with the fluctuations. There was a couple of times after I wrote in that they changed the price on my order at my request, but since the above reply they've stopped doing it. Anyway, I've ended up checking my preorder prices regularly.
    Last edited by Raffi Ol D'Arcy; 08-18-2015 at 02:02 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    As noted earlier, the Batman by Neal Omnibus has not only increased in price from $75.00 to $99.99, the page count has now increased from 640 to a whopping 1,072!

Also this: "Retailers: This title is resolicited. All previous orders are cancelled."

My preorder (at £30) is still "active" on amazon.co.uk. Let's hope it stays that way.
    While the release date hasn't changed, the publisher field now lists "DC Comics (Mar. 2016)", so hopefully they are going to stick with this listing, rather than remove and relist.
    That said, they don't have 'Batman' in the listing title, which seems an oversight, so it might well get binned...

I've got it pre-ordered at 30 as well, so I'm hoping it sticks!

Fantastic Member

The HCs fro the November solicitations:

BATMAN/SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN: TRINITY DELUXE EDITION HC
    Written by MATT WAGNER
    Art and cover by MATT WAGNER
    On sale JANUARY 13 • 208 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875”, $29.99 US
    Matt Wagner’s 3-issue epic that unites DC’s three greatest heroes is offered as a Deluxe Edition hardcover for the first time! When Ra’s al Ghul recruits Bizarro and a renegade Amazon warrior to help him create global chaos, the Dark Knight Detective suddenly finds himself working with the Man of Steel and the Amazon Princess. Looking to thwart the madman’s plot to simultaneously destroy all satellite communications as well as all of the world’s oil reserves, Earth’s greatest heroes are forced to band together—if they can work out their differences!

BATMAN BY NEAL ADAMS OMNIBUS HC
    Written by NEAL ADAMS, BOB HANEY, DENNIS O’NEIL and others
    Art by NEAL ADAMS, DICK GIORDANO and others
    Cover by NEAL ADAMS
    On sale FEBRUARY 24 • 1,072 pg, FC, $99.99 US
    At last, Neal Adams’ entire run on Batman is collected in one massive volume, with stories from the pages of BATMAN, THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD, DETECTIVE COMICS, WORLD’S FINEST, BATMAN: ODYSSEY, BATMAN: BLACK AND WHITE, and innumerable covers!
    Retailers: This title is resolicited. All previous orders are cancelled.

BATMAN: DETECTIVE COMICS VOL. 7: ANARKY HC
    Written by FRANCIS MANAPUL, BRIAN BUCCELLATO and BENJAMIN PERCY
    Art by FRANCIS MANAPUL, JOHN PAUL LEON and others
    Cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL
    On sale JANUARY 6 • 208 pg, FC, $24.99 US
    Gotham City is decending into chaos at the hands of Anarky and his quest for revenge on both the villains and protectors of the city in these tales from DETECTIVE COMICS #35-40, DETECTIVE COMICS: ENDGAME #1 and DETECTIVE COMICS: FUTURES END #1! Batman must team up with Harvey Bullock of the Gotham City PD to find Anarky’s true motivation for bringing Gotham City to its knees.

THE FLASH VOL. 7: SAVAGE WORLD HC
    Written by ROBERT VENDITTI and VAN JENSEN
    Art by BRETT BOOTH, NORM RAPMUND, ANDRE COEHLO and others
    Cover by BRETT BOOTH and NORM RAPMUND
    On sale JANUARY 13 • 144 pg, FC, $22.99 US
    In these tales from THE FLASH #36-40 and SECRET ORIGINS #7, The Flash is trapped in a bizarre lost land terrorized by castaways from the past, present, and future—and that leaves Central City without a hero! Even worse, a murderous, new Flash shows up to take Barry’s place! Will the Fastest Man Alive make it back in time to put things right?

iZOMBIE OMNIBUS HC
    Written by CHRIS ROBERSON
    Art by MICHAEL ALLRED, GILBERT HERNANDEZ, JAY STEPHENS, J. BONE and JIM RUGG
    Cover by MICHAEL ALLRED
    On sale DECEMBER 2 • 672 pg, FC, $75.00 US • MATURE READERS
    The entire 28-issue run of iZOMBIE, the comic that inspired the hit series on the CW, is collected in this new hardcover! Meet Gwen Dylan, a 20-something gravedigger in an eco-friendly cemetery—who also happens to be a zombie! Once a month she must eat a human brain to keep from losing her own memories, but in the process she becomes consumed with the thoughts and personality of the dead person—until she eats her next brain. Our zombie girl detective is joined by her best friend, Eleanor, a swinging ‘60s ghost, plus a posse of paintball-blasting vampires, a smitten were-dog and a hot but demented mummy. This collection features a new wraparound cover by superstar artist Michael Allred!

LEX LUTHOR: A CELEBRATION OF 75 YEARS
    Written and illustrated by various
    Cover by DAVID FINCH and JOE WEEMS
    On sale DECEMBER 2 • 360 pg, FC, $39.99 US
    He’s Superman’s most implacable foe—and now, DC Comics celebrates the criminal career of Lex Luthor! This new hardcover includes every phase of Luthor’s history, from mad scientist to corrupt captain of industry, from president of the United States to member of the Justice League! Includes stories from the very beginning, written by Superman co-creator Jerry Siegel, to the present day, written by Geoff Johns!

SUPERMAN: SECRET IDENTITY DELUXE EDITION HC
    Written by KURT BUSIEK
    Art and cover by STUART IMMONEN
    On sale JANUARY 13 • 224 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875”, $29.99 US
    SECRET IDENTITY stars a young man with the unfortunate name of Clark Kent. All he wants is to be a writer, but his life is filled with the taunts of his peers, comparing him to that other Clark Kent—the one with superpowers. Until Clark discovers that he can fly...that he does have super-strength! Collecting the 4-issue miniseries in DC’s Deluxe Edition format!

Fantastic Member

And the big TPBs:

CATWOMAN VOL. 4: THE ONE YOU LOVE TP
    Written by SCOTT MORSE, MATTEO CASALI, ANDERSON GABRYCH and WILL PFEIFER
    Art by PAUL GULACY, BRAD WALKER, RICK BURCHETT, ALVARO LOPEZ, PETE WOODS and others
    Cover by ADAM HUGHES
    On sale DECEMBER 16 • 280 pg, FC, $19.99 US
    In the aftermath a gang war that ravaged Gotham City, Catwoman must make a deal with Hush to protect the East End. But to keep the streets safe, she’ll have to join forces with a group of super-villains—and take them down from within. Collects CATWOMAN #38-49.

THE DEMON VOL. 1: HELL’S HITMAN TP
    Written by GARTH ENNIS
    Art by JOHN McCREA and others
    Cover by JOHN McCREA
    On sale DECEMBER 23 • 296 pg, FC, $19.99 US
    Garth Ennis’s tales of The Demon are collected for the first time! In these dark, fast-paced tales, Etrigan the Demon battles the Gothodaemon, the demon of Gotham City, with the help of Hitman. Then, a company of German soldiers from World War II are resurrected to capture an army base—and it’s up to the Demon and the crew of the Haunted Tank to send them back to their graves. Collected from THE DEMON #40 and 42-49, plus ANNUAL #2.

EARTH 2: WORLD’S END VOL. 2 TP
    Written by DANIEL H. WILSON, MARGUERITE BENNETT and MIKE JOHNSON
    Art by ROBSON ROCHA, JORGE JIMENEZ, TYLER KIRKHAM, EDDY BARROW and others
    Cover by ARDIAN SYAF and JAIME MENDOZA
    On sale DECEMBER 2 • 360 pg, FC, $24.99 US
    Racing to learn the fate of Superman, the Wonders of Earth-2 find themselves in the clutches of Desaad and his twisted creations! Meanwhile, the Avatars of various realms come to the aid of Green Lantern to fend off the Furies of Apokolips, but will their might be enough? Collects EARTH 2 WORLD’S END #12-26.

GREEN ARROW VOL. 4: BLOOD OF THE DRAGON TP
    Written by MIKE GRELL
    Art by DAN JURGENS, TREVOR VON EEDEN, J.J. BIRCH and others
    Cover by J.J. BIRCH
    On sale DECEMBER 30 • 264 pg, FC, $17.99 US
    Green Arrow must team up with Shado to rescue her son from the Yakuza. Then, the Emerald Archer is called to Nottingham, England, to investigate a young witch. And, the Warlord arrives in Green Arrow’s hometown of Seattle. Collects GREEN ARROW #21-28!

NIGHTWING VOL. 3: FALSE STARTS TP
    Written by CHUCK DIXON and DEVIN GRAYSON
    Art by SCOTT McDANIEL, KARL STORY, GREG LAND and BILL SIENKIEWICZ
    Cover by SCOTT McDANIEL and KARL STORY
    On sale DECEMBER 30 • 296 pg, FC, $19.99 US
    After a massive earthquake, Nightwing finds himself in a decimated Gotham City teaming with his Bat-family to help its citizens. Then, even as he makes his way back to Blüdhaven, a familiar face that’s equally friend and foe shows up at his doorstep: The Huntress! Collects issues #19-25 and 1,000,000, and NIGHTWING AND HUNTRESS #1-4.

SUICIDE SQUAD VOL. 2: THE NIGHTSHADE ODYSSEY TP
    Written by JOHN OSTRANDER and others
    Art by LUKE McDONNELL, KEITH GIFFEN and others
    Cover by JERRY BINGHAM
    On sale DECEMBER 9 • 272 pg, FC, $19.99 US
    In this title collecting SUICIDE SQUAD #9-16, JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNA-TIONAL #13 and DOOM PATROL/SUICIDE SQUAD SPECIAL #1, the team must take down the island headquarters of a drug cartel that’s more than it seems. Then, the squad and the Justice League both try to infiltrate a Russian prison.

SUPERMAN: DOOMED TP
    Written by SCOTT LOBDELL, GREG PAK and CHARLES SOULE
    Art by AARON KUDER, TONY S. DANIEL, KEN LASHLEY and others
    Cover by AARON KUDER
    On sale DECEMBER 30 • 544 pg, FC, $29.99 US
    How can Superman overcome a threat that comes from inside himself? Find out in stories from SUPERMAN: DOOMED #1-2, ACTION COMICS #30-35, SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN #7-12, SUPERMAN #31, ACTION COMICS ANNUAL #3, SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN ANNUAL #1, SUPERGIRL #34-35 and BATMAN/SUPERMAN #11!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I totally get what you're saying.

I wrote to amazon several times regarding certain preorders that had decreased in price but with no reflection on the order price. This is what they had to say:

"I do understand that the price of this item has again reduced on our website but it has not been reflected on your order status. As per our policy it will not be reflected on your order status. However, I would like to inform you that whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, video game or software item from Amazon, the price you pay will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.co.uk between the time you placed your order and the release date

We can not reduce the price on the order as it may possible that the item price will reduce further. For more information on Amazon's pricing policies, please visit our Help pages at:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cust...nodeId=1040614 "

There is some very weird logic in what they write. I'm sure that in the past they modified the price in line with the fluctuations. There was a couple of times after I wrote in that they changed the price on my order at my request, but since the above reply they've stopped doing it. Anyway, I've ended up checking my preorder prices regularly.
    Yep, that's really odd!

My guess is that it may be related to their book keeping, i.e. they file pre-orders which will have a (positive) effect on their expected balance, and once the order completed you get a 'refund'. In a way that would virtually boost their expected result. I'm no accountant, but I have a hard time understanding their current practice.

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Ok DC fans, I'm not really well versed in a lot of DC runs (I only started collecting DC about 3 years ago) and had some questions about whether or not certain trades are worth picking up.

Batman War Games vol. 1
    Suicide Squad vol. (Ostrander)
    Deathstroke the Terminator (Wolfman)
    The Demon vol. 1 (Ennis)

And does anyone have a link to a COMPLETE Batman No Man's Land crossover? There's trades coming out and I can't figure how they fit in the reading order. For instance the Road to No Man's Land is coming out but where does Batman Contagion fit in all of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mix_Masta_Micah View Post
    Ok DC fans, I'm not really well versed in a lot of DC runs (I only started collecting DC about 3 years ago) and had some questions about whether or not certain trades are worth picking up.

Batman War Games vol. 1
    Suicide Squad vol. (Ostrander)
    Deathstroke the Terminator (Wolfman)
    The Demon vol. 1 (Ennis)

And does anyone have a link to a COMPLETE Batman No Man's Land crossover? There's trades coming out and I can't figure how they fit in the reading order. For instance the Road to No Man's Land is coming out but where does Batman Contagion fit in all of this?
    War Games is awful, you're not missing anything there.

Ostrander's Suicide Squad is one of the best series DC has ever released, don't hesitate.

What little I've read of the Wolfman Deathstroke series didn't do much for me, but I know some folks love it. And I'm not familar with that Demon run so can't comment.

The Batman crossover/megastory order goes:

Contagion
    Bane of the Demon
    Legacy
    Cataclysm
    Road to No Man's Land 1 & 2 (containing Aftershock and Road to No Man's Land)
    No Man's Land 1-4 (new TPBs)

A Contagion/Legacy TPB is coming, but the exact contents haven't been confirmed. Hopefully it will contain all of Contagion, Bane of the Demon, and Legacy.
    Last edited by Dick Grayson; 08-18-2015 at 07:02 PM.

Looks like the contagion/legacy tpb contains just legacy, judging by the name change. Although the tpb cover says contagion (it just might be a placeholder).

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Legacy-...=batman+legacy

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    War Games is awful, you're not missing anything there.

Ostrander's Suicide Squad is one of the best series DC has ever released, don't hesitate.

What little I've read of the Wolfman Deathstroke series didn't do much for me, but I know some folks love it. And I'm not familar with that Demon run so can't comment.

The Batman crossover/megastory order goes:

Contagion
    Bane of the Demon
    Legacy
    Road to No Man's Land 1 & 2 (containing Aftershock and Road to No Man's Land)
    No Man's Land 1-4 (new TPBs)

A Contagion/Legacy TPB is coming, but the exact contents haven't been confirmed. Hopefully it will contain all of Contagion, Bane of the Demon, and Legacy.
    Thank you so much!! Surprised War Games is no bueno considering Brubaker was attached to it. Excited to dive in.

How is Doom Patrol omnibus on binding, paper ecc?