View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 418 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 3183684084144154164174184194204214224284685189181418 ... LastLast
Results 6,256 to 6,270 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    As noted earlier, the Batman by Neal Omnibus has not only increased in price from $75.00 to $99.99, the page count has now increased from 640 to a whopping 1,072!

Also this: "Retailers: This title is resolicited. All previous orders are cancelled."

My preorder (at £30) is still "active" on amazon.co.uk. Let's hope it stays that way.

Awww hell yeah. I didn't realize DC upped the page count to 1072, this really made my day. I preordered this back in May at Indigo for $44CAD ($33US). I believe they already charged my card so hoping I'm good to go. Good stuff
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    (reposting from the old thread for posterity)

5 Omnibuses that DC NEEDS to put together, STAT!

- Swamp Thing by Alan Moore

- Superman by John Byrne

*- Wonder Woman by George Perez*

- Justice League by Giffen/DeMatteis & Maguire/Huges

- Hitman by Ennis & McCrea

One down, 4 to go!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mix_Masta_Micah View Post
    Thank you so much!! Surprised War Games is no bueno considering Brubaker was attached to it. Excited to dive in.
    I've read War Games when I started to dive deeper and deeper into the DCU and really enjoyed it, but haven't read it since then (7-8 years). Also my tolerance for superhero stories was much higher back then.

Hitman and Swampy would be a sure buy to me. Got the first ST paperback, but it's a very crappy edition. Should I wait for a possible omnibus? There any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
    How is Doom Patrol omnibus on binding, paper ecc?
    it's alright. You have to read like 100-150 pages before it can be laid flat and the paper is the usual DC omni quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Mix_Masta_Micah View Post
    Thank you so much!! Surprised War Games is no bueno considering Brubaker was attached to it. Excited to dive in.
    I might be misremembering but I think Brubaker only wrote the Catwoman issues, which you're better off reading in the Catwoman trades (which are excellent).

There's some truly out of character garbage (especially regarding Leslie Tompkins) that was ultimately undone soon after anyway. There are plenty of better Batman books to read before spending your money on War Games, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    it's alright. You have to read like 100-150 pages before it can be laid flat and the paper is the usual DC omni quality.
    I've seen some scans of the coloring for the series and it was very bad in my opinion. Then I've seen my pics from the interior pages of the omnibus looked so much bright and appealing to me. Is it a different kind of coloration or are just the better pages doing their job?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
    I've seen some scans of the coloring for the series and it was very bad in my opinion. Then I've seen my pics from the interior pages of the omnibus looked so much bright and appealing to me. Is it a different kind of coloration or are just the better pages doing their job?
    I have no idea how the colouring looked before, never read DP before the omni but I had no problems with it. Typical flat colouring, so maybe that's not your thing because you are just used to modern colouring, but nothing atrocious.

Any argument for selling my Death deluxe and trading up to the Absolute? decided to sell my Sandman omni's and get the 4 Absolutes, but the the death one seems like it would be a very thin affair, they have even thrown a couple of Sandman issues into the absolute to pad it out

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Any argument for selling my Death deluxe and trading up to the Absolute? decided to sell my Sandman omni's and get the 4 Absolutes, but the the death one seems like it would be a very thin affair, they have even thrown a couple of Sandman issues into the absolute to pad it out
    No real major argument other than how you want your shelf to look. If you want all the absolutes together, then trade up; if you don't care, then save the money.
    I've got the Absolute, but that's really only because the Deluxe wasn't around at the time.

THE DEMON VOL. 1: HELL’S HITMAN TP
    Written by GARTH ENNIS
    Art by JOHN McCREA and others
    Cover by JOHN McCREA
    On sale DECEMBER 23 • 296 pg, FC, $19.99 US
    Garth Ennis’s tales of The Demon are collected for the first time! In these dark, fast-paced tales, Etrigan the Demon battles the Gothodaemon, the demon of Gotham City, with the help of Hitman. Then, a company of German soldiers from World War II are resurrected to capture an army base—and it’s up to the Demon and the crew of the Haunted Tank to send them back to their graves. Collected from THE DEMON #40 and 42-49, plus ANNUAL #2.

THIS!
    A hidden gem of a series, and a rare tpb purchase that I will keep. Probably place it right next to the Hitman tpbs.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Okay I just finished Hitman, here are my thoughts:

The series is a bit of an uneven read. The stories fluctuate between comedy, action and sometimes powerful emotion. Which isn't really a problem for me (I love a bit of variation) if it weren't for the fact that some stories are just above average. However, when it's on, it's on. I never laughed harder at a comic than during Zombie Night at the Gotham Aquarium, never was so tense from a comic as I was during For Tomorrow and never was so sad from a comic than during The Old Dog. Ennis nailed the characters making for the best bromances in the history of comics, making even the worst stories from the series above average. I loved Sean, I loved Ringo, I loved Hacken, I loved Sixpack and most of all, I loved Tommy and Natt. I think For Tomorrow is my favorite story from the bunch (LOVE Ringo) but there were at least a handfull of great stories. I'd recommend it, the great easily outweighs the average.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Okay I just finished Hitman, here are my thoughts:

The series is a bit of an uneven read. The stories fluctuate between comedy, action and sometimes powerful emotion. Which isn't really a problem for me (I love a bit of variation) if it weren't for the fact that some stories are just above average. However, when it's on, it's on. I never laughed harder at a comic than during Zombie Night at the Gotham Aquarium, never was so tense from a comic as I was during For Tomorrow and never was so sad from a comic than during The Old Dog. Ennis nailed the characters making for the best bromances in the history of comics, making even the worst stories from the series above average. I loved Sean, I loved Ringo, I loved Hacken, I loved Sixpack and most of all, I loved Tommy and Natt. I think For Tomorrow is my favorite story from the bunch (LOVE Ringo) but there were at least a handfull of great stories. I'd recommend it, the great easily outweighs the average.
    Is there a real (I mean drawn but real in the story) dog in this one who dies? Only asking because I can't handle very well the death of animals (especially dogs) and would like to be prepared (never watched John Wick for the same reason, probably never will even though I'm really interested in it)

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

I've read War Games when I started to dive deeper and deeper into the DCU and really enjoyed it, but haven't read it since then (7-8 years). Also my tolerance for superhero stories was much higher back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    I might be misremembering but I think Brubaker only wrote the Catwoman issues, which you're better off reading in the Catwoman trades (which are excellent).

There's some truly out of character garbage (especially regarding Leslie Tompkins) that was ultimately undone soon after anyway. There are plenty of better Batman books to read before spending your money on War Games, IMO.
    Thanks for the varying opinions, I'll have to how heaft my wallet is in the coming months. I'm definitely gonna jump on the whole No Man's Land thing. Most people seem to like it.

Also, @Dick Grayson, I'm from Lexington, KY! Good to see others from the Bluegrass State on here!

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Is there a real (I mean drawn but real in the story) dog in this one who dies? Only asking because I can't handle very well the death of animals (especially dogs) and would like to be prepared (never watched John Wick for the same reason, probably never will even though I'm really interested in it)
    No it's a about a man who refers to himself as an "Old Dog". It has the most original, emotional quote ever imo. Another reason why I love Ennis, his stories are almost always original and unpredictable.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47