View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 430 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 3303804204264274284294304314324334344404805309301430 ... LastLast
Results 6,436 to 6,450 of 21672

Just heard about the Gotham Central Omni. Am annoyed that I bought that first volume but still glad to hear about it.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Hows injustice year 4? The first half of year three hardcover comes out in November if I remember right.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    DC has updated the Batman Legacy tpb on Amazon to drop Contagion from also being included. It used to be Batman Contagion/Legacy and I think listed Contagion issues.

That stinks.
    Well, damnit.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    Shit! I was hoping you were wrong so that an OHC had more chances... A deluxe edition or omnibus looks pretty distant now...
    Yeah, I know. I wasn't too happy about eother but at least it's a cheap way to get the entire first year.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Spectacular Member Whenitmatters's Avatar

look what i found at best buy

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

My recent accumulated DC haul:

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

The Zero Omnibus is the only DC "compilation" Omnibus I have and am interested in as it consists of origins/beginnings and I was able to get it at sale price.

I'm slowly playing catch-up with the DC Omnibuses as I'm more of a Marvel reader. The only ones I missed out on getting are the Flash by Johns Omnibuses. Maybe I'll be able to pick them up at some point at a decent price even though they are OOP

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post

The Zero Omnibus is the only DC "compilation" Omnibus I have and am interested in as it consists of origins/beginnings and I was able to get it at sale price.

I'm slowly playing catch-up with the DC Omnibuses as I'm more of a Marvel reader. The only ones I missed out on getting are the Flash by Johns Omnibuses. Maybe I'll be able to pick them up at some point at a decent price even though they are OOP

Really tempted to get the Breyfogle Batman, as that is the Batman i grew up with, but was put off by the very poorly made Jones & Moench Batman HC

Quote Originally Posted by Whenitmatters View Post
    look what i found at best buy

i have all the DC animated stuff and i love them (although the New 52 inspired stories aren't as good)

If I could get only one, should I get the Orion Omnibus or Hawkman by Johns omnibus (content-wise only)?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    If I could get only one, should I get the Orion Omnibus or Hawkman by Johns omnibus (content-wise only)?
    You should definitely get the orion omnibus first if you can only get one. Simonson's art beats Rags Morales every day of the week. But definitely try and pick up the Hawkman by Johns at a later date as it is also excellent and is a great companion to his JSA.

Quote Originally Posted by Nateallen30 View Post
    You should definitely get the orion omnibus first if you can only get one. Simonson's art beats Rags Morales every day of the week. But definitely try and pick up the Hawkman by Johns at a later date as it is also excellent and is a great companion to his JSA.
    This may sound a little pretentious but which story is more "complex"? I'm asking because I've been reading a lot of stuff like 100 Bullets and Preacher lately and I've noticed that I'm a little bit burned out on the simpler superhero stories though I still love the more complex superhero stories if you know what I mean. Oh and to make my question even harder, the Batman book by Breyfogle has also caught my eye. How's that one in this regard?

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    This may sound a little pretentious but which story is more "complex"? I'm asking because I've been reading a lot of stuff like 100 Bullets and Preacher lately and I've noticed that I'm a little bit burned out on the simpler superhero stories though I still love the more complex superhero stories if you know what I mean. Oh and to make my question even harder, the Batman book by Breyfogle has also caught my eye. How's that one in this regard?
    Hawkman is pretty straightforward with the only real complex stuff being an arc where Johns tackles the mammoth issue of Hawkman's post-crisis continuity. Orion has the opportunity to build on the grand mythology of Kirby's Fourth World with Darkseid, Highfather etc. So I guess Orion wins in the complexity category. Grant and Breyfogle's Batman is some of the more street-level Batman ever released, with villains like Ratcatcher and Ventriloquist and lots of drug runners and thugs. These issues are morally complex and ambiguous with all of the drug use, so they come across as very pulpy and introspective like a crime comic. Certainly not in the vein of Morrison's Batman or anything like that.
    Last edited by Nateallen30; 08-30-2015 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Really tempted to get the Breyfogle Batman, as that is the Batman i grew up with, but was put off by the very poorly made Jones & Moench Batman HC
    I say do it even if only to support Breyfogle who has fallen on hard times with health issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Nateallen30 View Post
    Hawkman is pretty straightforward with the only real complex stuff being an arc where Johns tackles the mammoth issue of Hawkman's post-crisis continuity. Orion has the opportunity to build on the grand mythology of Kirby's Fourth World with Darkseid, Highfather etc. So I guess Orion wins in the complexity category. Grant and Breyfogle's Batman is some of the more street-level Batman ever released, with villains like Ratcatcher and Ventriloquist and lots of drug runners and thugs. These issues are morally complex and ambiguous with all of the drug use, so they come across as very pulpy and introspective like a crime comic. Certainly not in the vein of Morrison's Batman or anything like that.
    Wow, thanks! So if I've never read Fourth World by Kirby will I still enjoy Orion? If so I will probably go for Orion, otherwise Breyfogle gets the win.