View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 440 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 3403904304364374384394404414424434444504905409401440 ... LastLast
Results 6,586 to 6,600 of 21671

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    What exactly are these artist and gallery editions? Are the super special?
    They are the most faithful representations of the original art (or at least in case of the IDW AE-s but I think the Artifact and Gallery editions are going for the same things as well).
    They scann the original pages in color and super high def so you will get every pencil line, coffee mark, everything. Then they print it on the same or very similar paper that the artist used and in the same size, which could result in hilariously gigantic books like the MAD AE.
    You can look up some on youtube. Pricey stuff but for collectors and art lovers it's worth it I think. If I could afford 100-120 pounds/book I would buy the Rocketeer and Born again ones and the upcoming LoEG AE as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I think it's next July, looked it up yesterday (it was on the omnibus collector blog or some similar place).
    Here is the info from Edelweiss: http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.co...sku=1401260586

It's not been officially solicited yet I don't think, so those contents are not definitive (though that is also frequently the case with official solicits as well). I would expect this would include the full run as the text says, rather than truncating it randomly at issue 16 (he wrote through issue 25, minus a couple fill-ins.) Release date is July 26.

They are the most faithful representations of the original art (or at least in case of the IDW AE-s but I think the Artifact and Gallery editions are going for the same things as well).
    They scann the original pages in color and super high def so you will get every pencil line, coffee mark, everything. Then they print it on the same or very similar paper that the artist used and in the same size, which could result in hilariously gigantic books like the MAD AE.
    You can look up some on youtube. Pricey stuff but for collectors and art lovers it's worth it I think. If I could afford 100-120 pounds/book I would buy the Rocketeer and Born again ones and the upcoming LoEG AE as well.
    I have just looked up how many there are and how much they cost, now I'm not averse to dropping a fair bit of cash on comics, but I think it is best I stay away from these

I have just looked up how many there are and how much they cost, now I'm not averse to dropping a fair bit of cash on comics, but I think it is best I stay away from these
    they would also cause you a bit of a headache because they are in different sizes and non of them would fit on your shelves.

they would also cause you a bit of a headache because they are in different sizes and non of them would fit on your shelves.
    Thank God for that, you have just saved me cash and an ocd overload, cheers my good man

I just gonna leave this hear for good measure (to be fair, the Marvel and DC ones are probably in a smaller size, similar height and width to each other, since I assume the artists worked on the paper provided by the company.)

Now that is just stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    Well... while the books do a good job of filling you in, I would say it doesn't hurt to read Sword of Azrael to get Jean Paul's intro. There are also some prelude issues where Bane first comes to the city and is testing Batman prior to the Arkham breakkout, Batman 484-490 and Detective 654-658. Those issues are also the first ones introducing Bruce's declining physical state. Again, you're not lost with the new trades, but that stuff does get referenced and it doesn't hurt to read.

I actually ended up rebinding Knightfall for another member of this board and then myself to include that material and some other missing stuff and posted some blog entries about it, which list the contents included. You can check those out:
    Part 1 here and Part 2 here
    Wow, perfect, thanks! I'll addd some of those issues to my want list.

I just gonna leave this hear for good measure (to be fair, the Marvel and DC ones are probably in a smaller size, similar height and width to each other, since I assume the artists worked on the paper provided by the company.)
    Yes and no. At some point during the mid-60s Marvel and DC switched to the smaller page sizes. But before that, their artists used artboards the same size as the one seen above. That's why two of the Romita Spidey AEs as well as the first Steranko SHIELD one are as big as the MAD one.

In general though they are a beauty to behold and give you so much more appreciation for the art (INKED pencils, btw, not just the pencils, as soneone said above). I now own 15 AEs/GEs and I don't regret buying any of these. They can become quite an addiction, though.

Thank God for that, you have just saved me cash and an ocd overload, cheers my good man
    Maybe THIS will change your mind:

http://myabsolutecollection.blogspot...s-edition.html

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    I wish I bought that when it came out
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Anyone have this--Robin The Boy Wonder: A Celebration of 75 Years HC?

Is it good or just something only the Batman/Robin completest would want?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    The only one I felt I just HAD to have. Mine's signed though .
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    The only one I felt I just HAD to have. Mine's signed though .
    patience, patience ... (and also money) and I will have it too .
    Notice that Graphitti designs have added to their shop a signed version of the Ronin Gallery Edition (but without any other sort of description, they are not the best to advertise their stuffs or even respond to questions through their web form).

And here is the list of what have been published so far in Artists Edition style:
    http://www.comicbookdaily.com/artist...rchives-index/

Fantastic Member

Well, issue 16 of Aquaman and Justice League finishes the Throne of Atlantis crossover, so it's not really an arbitrary stopping point. I haven't read Aquaman outside of what's collected in Justice League for Throne of Atlantis. Do later crossovers make collecting Johns' run problematic? Maybe that's the issue?