View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 449 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 349399439445446447448449450451452453459499549949 ... LastLast
Results 6,721 to 6,735 of 21674
    Incredible Member

Heres some quick shots of SA Green Lantern

Plain black cardboard cover much like SA Justice League.

The paper feels a lot thinner than SA Justice League, even feels ever so slightly thinner than the paper in recent Marvel omnis, so be warned about that.

The glued binding that I had previously mentioned.

Dosn't affect readability much, you don't lose anything in the gutters, the colours are bright and vibrant and something that's done here but not in SA Justice League is the addition of the issue number in the footer of the left hand page which is a nice value add.

A picture of all the SA and Omnis (and GA superman) side-by-side

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    realized the other day that this is coming out and then was surprised it's not a deluxe, could have sworn as well it supposed to be. Shame.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure the downgrade is what caused the delay. All of the other Gaiman reprints of the past few years have been Deluxe's, and this was also originally supposed to include more issues; not just the two bookends and Toby Litt's additional chapter.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Camelot 3000: yay or nay?
    I've only read Batman and the Outsiders from Barr but I really liked that. also it's Bolland and deluxe edition.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Did anyone else happen to pick up Free Country: A Tale of The Child's Crusade? It's a standard HC, but I could have sworn that it was originally solicited as an OHC/Deluxe edition...?
    realized the other day that this is coming out and then was surprised it's not a deluxe, could have sworn as well it supposed to be. Shame.
    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure the downgrade is what caused the delay. All of the other Gaiman reprints of the past few years have been Deluxe's, and this was also originally supposed to include more issues; not just the two bookends and Toby Litt's additional chapter.
    Thanks guys, for pointing this out to me, I just cancelled my order.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I've only read Batman and the Outsiders from Barr but I really liked that. also it's Bolland and deluxe edition.
    I read it a loooong time ago and didn't like it
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

So crisis on infinite earths deluxe is comming out soon. Is the story worth picking it up? And I know nothing about this time frame of Dc comics. Is it an easy read for a noob?

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    So crisis on infinite earths deluxe is comming out soon. Is the story worth picking it up? And I know nothing about this time frame of Dc comics. Is it an easy read for a noob?
    You might need to look up who some people are but it is easy to jump into. There's people from different universes. Yes, you should pick it up, because it is Marv Wolfman and George Perez at a time when they did very good things.
    Co-host of Get Valiant, a Valiant Comics podcast.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Aside from the Bolland art, it hasn't aged well. It's an important transitional work for the medium, but a lot of it just screams Bronze Age melodrama. Some of the radical and progressive elements in the story are handled so heavy-handedly, it's almost embarassing-- I've always liked Mike Barr's work, but here there's no subtlety and a lot of cliched symbolism (even for an Arthurian story). I loved it the first time I read it, but each subsequent time I read it, I enjoy it a lot less. But if you love Bolland (which I do), you should definitely give it a look.
    Last edited by FanboyStranger; 09-26-2015 at 11:24 PM.

thanks for the opinions on Camelot 3000. While I really like Bolland the writing is more important to me so I think for now I'm not gonna hurry to buy this, maybe if I get a ridiculously good deal.

I read the new Sweet Tooth OHC in one sit-in yesterday. I really enjoyed it, but I have to say that it was very predictable. I'll still finish it out when the other two volumes are published and I would recommend it, but, to me anyway, there really weren't any surprised in the first volume, although Gus (Sweet Tooth) is a really interesting character.

Anyone see the mock-up DK III slipcase DC presented at the Baltimore Con this weekend? Looking good:

http://www.comicsbeat.com/retailer-s...-iii-slipcase/

I also didn't know that one of the mini-comics will be drawn by Miller and inked by Janson!!! The dream-team finally back together.

Extraordinary Member

I need this:

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    I need this:

It's still almost a month to arrive! I want it NOW!
    Although, is it the back cover? If not, I'm not that crazy about the design, it looks like a university science book.

Apologies if someone already posted this information, but I got the Joker: Endgame HC today and oddly enough, DC did what we were saying they categorically would not do: they put the whole event, main series, backups, and tie-ins, in the single HC. So if you buy this, there is no need to purchase the Batman: Endgame HC as far as I can tell (I do not own that, so can't say 100%.)

Here are the contents of the Joker: Endgame:

Batman Annual 3
    Batman 35 (main story + backup)
    Batman 36 (main story + backup)
    Arkham Manor: Endgame
    Batman 37 (main story + backup)
    Detective Comics: Endgame
    Batman 38 (main story + backup)
    Gotham Academy: Endgame
    Batgirl: Endgame
    Batman 39 (main story + backup)
    Batman 40

So you can seemingly just get the Snyder/Capullo material if that's all you want by getting the Batman: Endgame HC, or the whole event in Joker: Endgame. Interesting.
    Last edited by Dick Grayson; 09-29-2015 at 10:04 AM.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    Apologies if someone already posted this information, but I got the Joker: Endgame HC today and oddly enough, DC did what we were saying they categorically would not do: they put the whole event, main series, backups, and tie-ins, in the single HC. So if you buy this, there is no need to purchase the Batman: Endgame HC as far as I can tell (I do not own that, so can't say 100%.)

Here are the contents of the Joker: Endgame:

Batman Annual 3
    Batman 35 (main story + backup)
    Batman 36 (main story + backup)
    Arkham Manor: Endgame
    Batman 37 (main story + backup)
    Detective Comics: Endgame
    Batman 38 (main story + backup)
    Gotham Academy: Endgame
    Batgirl: Endgame
    Batman 39 (main story + backup)
    Batman 40 (main story + backup)

So you can seemingly just get the Snyder/Capullo material if that's all you want by getting the Batman: Endgame HC, or the whole event in Joker: Endgame. Interesting.
    Are you sure it includes #40? Because Amazon says it only includes up to #39
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor