View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 456 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 356406446452453454455456457458459460466506556956 ... LastLast
Results 6,826 to 6,840 of 21672

2015-10-04 21.02.12.jpg

got this for 60 bucks this past weekend!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by THE KZA View Post
    2015-10-04 21.02.12.jpg

got this for 60 bucks this past weekend!
    Where? Was interested in this but couldn't bring myself to spend over a $100 on it.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Where? Was interested in this but couldn't bring myself to spend over a $100 on it.
    at my lcs once a year they do a 50% off of tpbs/hcs and back issues but they do it from 2am-4am. since the store usually has a 24 hour comic day where people try to create a 24 pg comic in 24 hours.

Mighty Member

at my lcs once a year they do a 50% off of tpbs/hcs and back issues but they do it from 2am-4am. since the store usually has a 24 hour comic day where people try to create a 24 pg comic in 24 hours.
    Congrats! Love me some Michael Turner. I bet those huge pages are gorgeous.

I'm pretty sure it has been asked before (hell, I may even of asked it) but I may get absolute batman & son and Absolute batman Inc. If I do, what other Absolutes would need to be made to complete Morrison's batman run?

Sorry for the repeat question, but have been working nights this week and to frazzled to look up my own answer

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I'm pretty sure it has been asked before (hell, I may even of asked it) but I may get absolute batman & son and Absolute batman Inc. If I do, what other Absolutes would need to be made to complete Morrison's batman run?

Sorry repeat question, but have been working nights this week and to frazzled to look up my own answer
    Its not in absolute, but you have to read Return of Bruce Wayne somewhere in the middle of that. It won't make any sense if you don't. Final Crisis too, to be honest.
    Cyclops was right

Sorry for the repeat question, but have been working nights this week and to frazzled to look up my own answer
    you mean absolute Batman and Robin. There is only those two in absolute format the rest is in deluxes and time and the Batman is only in regular hc (although it's not essential reading but recommended). The whole Morrison Batman run is a collected edition nightmare.
    To complete the whole thing in absolutes they should put Batman and Son, Black Glove, RIP, Time and the Batman and Return of BW in that format.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Any chance of an Absolute Sandman Overture? (Too short I know, but talk about nailing the landing!)

Talk about cool.

You can't. But you'd need Absolute Final Crisis in there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    Any chance of an Absolute Sandman Overture? (Too short I know, but talk about nailing the landing!)
    I guarantee you it will happen. Not a matter of if but when. The deluxe, if I'm not mistaken comes out toward the end of the year. You can count on this getting the Absolute treatment. It's like printing money for DC. In fact, I'm holding off on getting the floppies and the Deluxe. That's how confident I am on this one.

Spectacular Member Lake Nowhere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    Well, that's good to hear. I've put off reading it waiting for the deluxe edition.

Archer's Quest Deluxe worth the extra cost over the trade? If it's like the Moench/Jones Batman I'll probably go for the paperback.

With convergence out today I'm wondering if it's worth getting. I've only followed Batman since the New52. Is Convergence a good enough story for me to pick up without knowing everything that is going on with DC?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    With convergence out today I'm wondering if it's worth getting. I've only followed Batman since the New52. Is Convergence a good enough story for me to pick up without knowing everything that is going on with DC?
    I would suggest against it. It dosn't really tie into any of the mainstream DC stuff, the main event was mostly about solidfying the structure of the DC Multiverse and all the side stories were just an exercise in nostalgia for long term fans. The main universe hero's (Earth 0??), that include all the charecters that had been written about since the start of the New52 weren't even included in the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    I have not heard one good thing about it from the people I know who were reading it (granted that's like four people but still). I went ahead and read a couple of reviews about it once it concluded just to know what happened and to see how it affected continuity.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lake Nowhere View Post
    Well, that's good to hear. I've put off reading it waiting for the deluxe edition.

The art alone is astounding, the story, the new characters. I can't believe I didn't see the ending coming.