View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 458 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 358408448454455456457458459460461462468508558958 ... LastLast
Results 6,856 to 6,870 of 21674

I know COIe is an important part of Dc history has good art and takes a bit of past knowledge to understand it. But is it a good story? Im quite interested in it but im worried it might be a little dated for me and not a good story. What do you guys think?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    I know COIe is an important part of Dc history has good art and takes a bit of past knowledge to understand it. But is it a good story? Im quite interested in it but im worried it might be a little dated for me and not a good story. What do you guys think?
    I'm in the same boat. I went back and forth for the last few days and finally said screw it, just get it. I can always sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I went back and forth for the last few days and finally said screw it, just get it. I can always sell it.
    Idk. I made a pact with myself that I would never sell any of my books if I got into the hobby. Even if I don't like it. I used to sell my things whenn I was a kid to get something new and now that im older I regret it very much.

Idk. I made a pact with myself that I would never sell any of my books if I got into the hobby. Even if I don't like it. I used to sell my things whenn I was a kid to get something new and now that im older I regret it very much.
    I'm the opposite, If I don't like it on the first read, it goes straight on eBay, and if I read something a few years after I got it and it doesn't hold up, it goes on eBay. There is just too much good stuff out there to have your shelves clogged up with shit.
    Plus, whatever I do sell, the money goes straight on new stuff
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 10-07-2015 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I'm the opposite, If I don't like it on the first read, it goes straight on eBay, and if I read something a few years after I got it and it doesn't hold up, it goes on eBay. There is just too much good stuff out there to have your shelves clogged up with shit.
    I can understand having g your shelves full of shit books. But with just starting reading in early July I only have 37 hc and 3tpb. Pretty small compared to most of you guys. Heck I don't even have a shelf yet! Im using the space on my Tv stand which is just about full.

Btw I know it depends on the brand and size and wood but how much would a nice shelf cost? Like tva kallax I keep hearing about. Out of my 37 hc 5 are omnis and 1 absolute if that helps. At the moment just looking for a shelf to hold what I have now. Of course ill have to expand with more space when I buy more.

37 HC's is a pretty good start, not sure about shelving as I had mine built to order.

On a side note, have I missed any announcements of new Absolutes? I have court of owls on order and I know of the the ga/GL one, but nothing else (actually also continuation of Transmet and Y)

Think the court of owls absolute has the backups?

Think the court of owls absolute has the backups?
    no idea to be honest, i have never even read court of owls, i was a major DC reader years ago but stopped collecting when the new 52 came along, the only new 52 stuff i read was Swampy & Animal man and best of all wonder woman, so Court of Owl will be a new thing for me

Quick question regarding GL omnibuses by Johns. I see vol. 3 is solicited for an APR 2016 release. Is there enough material after that for a vol. 4?

If not for that volume, perhaps they would roll into the current series/volume through the Johns issues there? Marvel did that with the Brubaker Captain America omnis, rolling from one volume to the next, so perhaps they will do this for GL as well?

I recently got my 1st two DC omnibuses, the silver age GL ones. I LOVE them! The build quality is not the best, but they were affordable and the material is classic silver age and amazing. And the glued binding doesn't bother me, the gutter loss is minimal, etc... The cover is somewhat cheap, but again, I don't mind.

I plan on getting the Johns GL omnibuses at some point.

Question: The Johns Flash omnis, since those aree kinda in the middle of the Wally run, are they somewhat self contained? Would a new reader get lost starting the 1st volume, and/or does the 3rd volume leave you hanging or anything?

I wish they'd put the vol. 3 series into a Deluxe edition / OHC. It's only like 12 issues, that would be perfect size, they could even slap the rebith mini in it, too. Thanks again for everyone's responses! So excited for my new-found DC habit!
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Quick question regarding GL omnibuses by Johns. I see vol. 3 is solicited for an APR 2016 release. Is there enough material after that for a vol. 4?
    The solicitation content listed is hopefully not what's going in the book, so hard to say. The solicitation text reads:

GREEN LANERN #53-60, GREEN LANTERN: LARFLEEZE CHRISTMAS SPECIAL #1, GREEN LANTERN (2011) #1-20, GREEN LANTERN ANNUAL #1, GREEN LANTERN CORPS #58-60, and GREEN LANTERN EMERALD WARRIORS #8-10.

The Green Lantern title prior to the New 52 went up to issue 67. I find it hard to believe they would include New 52 issues 1-20 but not all of the pre-New 52 issues, especially since they are part of a crossover with GLC 58-60 and Emerald Warriors 8-10 which are listed as being included.

In the New 52 material there's the Zero issue written by Johns that I imagine they will include even though it's not listed in the solicitation text, plus the fact that issues 13-20 are part of two crossovers, Rise of the Third Army and Wrath of the First Lantern, not sure how those will be handled.

So it's possible the solicitation text above is almost correct except it'll be Green Lantern 53-67 instead of 53-60, and they'll throw in the zero issue. If that's the case, that's the end of Johns run. Or they could split things up to include the full crossovers at the end of the run, requiring another volume. I'm guessing it'll be the former rather than the latter though.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

If not for that volume, perhaps they would roll into the current series/volume through the Johns issues there? Marvel did that with the Brubaker Captain America omnis, rolling from one volume to the next, so perhaps they will do this for GL as well?

I recently got my 1st two DC omnibuses, the silver age GL ones. I LOVE them! The build quality is not the best, but they were affordable and the material is classic silver age and amazing. And the glued binding doesn't bother me, the gutter loss is minimal, etc... The cover is somewhat cheap, but again, I don't mind.

Question: The Johns Flash omnis, since those aree kinda in the middle of the Wally run, are they somewhat self contained? Would a new reader get lost starting the 1st volume, and/or does the 3rd volume leave you hanging or anything?

I wish they'd put the vol. 3 series into a Deluxe edition / OHC. It's only like 12 issues, that would be perfect size, they could even slap the rebith mini in it, too. Thanks again for everyone's responses! So excited for my new-found DC habit!
    Flash is totally self-contained. You can read them without any other backstory, since anything major is explained in story.
    Cyclops was right

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I myself think COIE is a very good or great story. The storytelling and art are top notch. And it's so epic in its scope.

Both COIE and the original Secret Wars are fantastic fun reads IMHO (Secret Wars is plenty cheesy and just plain super fun, fun even because it's cheesy). They stand the test of time or even improve as time goes on. They put many modern events to utter shame.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 10-08-2015 at 08:51 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

It's a pretty decent story for how epic it is in scope. There are some dated moments. It's one of those stories that gets better each time you read it and as your knowledge of the DC Universe increases.

This. Right. Here.

My first real, big exposure to the modern DCU was John's Flash run, like 6-7 years ago and I've only read the last 2 storyarcs back then. SO I was quite lost at some points but I just found it so awesome and new that I had to dive deeper and deeper into the DCU.
    Still, that era holds up pretty well, recently reread Infinite crisis and the 52 weekly series and both are still awesome.
    Bottom line, get them, you will be fine.

37 HC's is a pretty good start, not sure about shelving as I had mine built to order.

On a side note, have I missed any announcements of new Absolutes? I have court of owls on order and I know of the the ga/GL one, but nothing else (actually also continuation of Transmet and Y)
    Yes, there is Transmetropolitan 2 and Y the last Man 2.