View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 484 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 384434474480481482483484485486487488494534584984 ... LastLast
Results 7,246 to 7,260 of 21671
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    Is it an event outside of the GL series?
    It's a story that follows the events in Blackest Night. Some heroes and villains that were resurrected in BN are given their own series that lasts 25 issues but it also crossed over with the GL, GLC, JLA and other DC books. It's a very cool series.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    Is it an event outside of the GL series? I'm guessing it is if it isn't in the omnibus but not sure. I might have to get it, it's £30 on speedyhen.

I'm loving the first omnibus, the second came in the post yesterday. Seems slightly better paper quality but I can't tell if it's just because it isn't as glossy as volume 1. The part in Wanted where Hal constructs an Iron Man-esque fighter jet suit almost generated a fist pump, awesome stuff.
    Its just like blackest night. Theres the main series called brightest day, then theres tie ins within GL GLC etc. The GL brightest day tie in issues will be in the third GL johns omnibus. Its definitely a big part of the GL story so id get it since you allready have the 2 omnibuses. But beware, lots of people on amazon have had there binding fall apart within days of getting it. I think it just depends on the copy you get or the printing you get, not to sure. Check the amazon reviews to see what im talking about, but i wouldnt let that stop you. The guy who posted his pictures a few posts back said his way just fine. I ordered it for 30 as well on IST and mine should be here tomorrow or saturday. Ill let you know how it is.

Incredible Member

Latest.

Even though I know better and should wait, I want that Dark Knight deluxe...

Got Multiversity, shame it's a glued binding but it's just manageable to read. Any more pages and there would be some gutter loss. The story/artwork is absolutely phenomenal though. Morrison really outdid himself here, that Quitely issue was a highlight amongst a whole bunch of 9/10 one shots.

I haven't read a lot of DC post new 52 reboot but this has to be the best thing out of it by far. I'd happily put in the same league as Some of my favourite DC books like Watchmen/Planetary/DKR/Gotham Central etc. I'm pretty sure I'll find more stuff reading it again too, there's a lot of references in there.

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Its just like blackest night. Theres the main series called brightest day, then theres tie ins within GL GLC etc. The GL brightest day tie in issues will be in the third GL johns omnibus. Its definitely a big part of the GL story so id get it since you allready have the 2 omnibuses. But beware, lots of people on amazon have had there binding fall apart within days of getting it. I think it just depends on the copy you get or the printing you get, not to sure. Check the amazon reviews to see what im talking about, but i wouldnt let that stop you. The guy who posted his pictures a few posts back said his way just fine. I ordered it for 30 as well on IST and mine should be here tomorrow or saturday. Ill let you know how it is.
    I would argue a bit, it's more like 52, although 52 was better. It's an aftermath of an event )52 is for Infinite Crisis this is for Blackest night) only biweekly and not weekly.
    I think it's worth picking up but the story IMHO is not complete without JL: Generation lost, that series deals with Maxwell Lord, BD is about the rest of the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I would argue a bit, it's more like 52, although 52 was better. It's an aftermath of an event )52 is for Infinite Crisis this is for Blackest night) only biweekly and not weekly.
    I think it's worth picking up but the story IMHO is not complete without JL: Generation lost, that series deals with Maxwell Lord, BD is about the rest of the characters.
    I just ordered it. Looking forward to it. once I jumped onboard the DC wagon, I now have SO MUCH to read and get caught up on! But I'm happy I did.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Latest.

Wonderful.

How's the binding on Dark Knight?

Gotcha, makes more sense. I havnt read it but just know it follows blackest night. Thanks for the info about JL generation lost, guess ill be picking that up as well.

What other material do I need to understand generation lost if any? I see checkmate is involved which ive never heard of the character.

Gotcha, makes more sense. I havnt read it but just know it follows blackest night. Thanks for the info about JL generation lost, guess ill be picking that up as well.

What other material do I need to understand generation lost if any? I see checkmate is involved which ive never heard of the character.
    I haven't read any Checkmate (which is an organization btw) myself. You should be aware of the JLI team, I think that series was written by Giffen and considered very good and fun by many but haven't read it either. Also the lead up to Infinite crisis is quite essential, since that's were the previous Blue Beetle and Maxwell died (Omac and I think Superman Sacrifice)
    Also, you should be aware of the new Blue Beetle, Jaime Reyes.
    I think that's all.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    You mean The Joker Endgame HC right ? i just checked it out.... damn it... :/ i will have to pick it up too :/ well played DC... well played... you know how to milk your poor readers till nothing left... lol T_T

Was a bit shocked for a moment as I ordered both by accident. Had a closer look. In the Batman 7 there is also included #40, which is missing from the Joker Endgame HC. So you pay 24,99 for 1 issue. You do the math. Thanks DC!

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Suriel View Post
    Was a bit shocked for a moment as I ordered both by accident. Had a closer look. In the Batman 7 there is also included #40, which is missing from the Joker Endgame HC. So you pay 24,99 for 1 issue. You do the math. Thanks DC!
    Issue 40 is in both books.

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

The bind of DKR/DKSA Deluxe is pretty decent. I see some gutter loss and it's glued.

I haven't read any Checkmate (which is an organization btw) myself. You should be aware of the JLI team, I think that series was written by Giffen and considered very good and fun by many but haven't read it either. Also the lead up to Infinite crisis is quite essential, since that's were the previous Blue Beetle and Maxwell died (Omac and I think Superman Sacrifice)
    Also, you should be aware of the new Blue Beetle, Jaime Reyes.
    I think that's all.
    You need to read Giffen and Dematteis Justice League. It's the best Justice League not written by Grant Morrison.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Ooh, yes. Let the JLI love flow through you.
    Cyclops was right