View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 486 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 386436476482483484485486487488489490496536586986 ... LastLast
Results 7,276 to 7,290 of 21671

Also, here is a pic from Mike Allred's fb page of the IZombie omnibus:

Beautiful art! Wow, I love Allred. I bought the trades when they came out because I thought there'd be no way this would ever be HC'd. The temptation to double dip is strong with this book.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mix_Masta_Micah View Post
    Lol I really don't try to pretend that I know the finer aspects of glued vs. sewn but I see that glue is on the spine so that's how I've always referred to it. No reason to worry about educating fellow board members...but wait this is the internet so overreaction is commonplace. I DO know there is gutter loss when I open the book on most pages.
    I would hardly consider that overreacting. My main concern is someone deciding not to pick up the book because of misinformation. A lot of people look to these boards for incite into their purchases. No need to be so sensitive.
    Last edited by awayne83; 11-07-2015 at 04:27 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Okay, so I ordered my copies of Ragnarok and Private Eye from Amazon months ago. About a month ago it said estimated shipping arrival would be mid-November.

Now they're saying under my order that Ragnarok isn't due until January 14 and PE is due December 17th. Has anyone else received their copies yet? What's going on?
    Private Eye has had a Dec 1st DM release date for a little while now I believe, which would correlate with that amazon date.

just won another auction! green lantern corps vol 1(pre new 52)

Anyone know why vol 1-4 are tpb and the rest are tpb and hc? why not all in hc? annoying

BANNED

I have to share this... the bromance moment from the pages of latest Legend of the dark knight: Norm Breyfogel HC
    It's pretty much one sided...lol Batman seems suprised lol it's super funny... lol
    12231272_10205036521047960_1737356702_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    I appreciate the pictures. Looks like there's some gutter loss, but perhaps the binding will loosen up in time? Not quite sure if glued binding works that way.

Looking forward to my copy arriving. I feel so treated by this and the Multiversity deluxe, but hope they can stand the test of time physically.
    Some of them loosen up a little over time but anytime a book is glewn or plain glued there will be some gutter loss.

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    I would hardly consider that overreacting. My main concern is someone deciding not to pick up the book because of misinformation. A lot of people look to these boards for incite into their purchases. No need to be so sensitive.
    I believe you're completely missing the point of my previous post. I was actually being complimentary to you; I was saying thanks for bucking the trend on not being a typical Internet douche and actually educating. But hey I tried lol

Hello from the gutter Mad Hatter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    I have to share this... the bromance moment from the pages of latest Legend of the dark knight: Norm Breyfogel HC
    It's pretty much one sided...lol Batman seems suprised lol it's super funny... lol
    12231272_10205036521047960_1737356702_n.jpg
    I love this story. Come on, DC, give us the volume 2 (and 3 and 4)!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    I love this story. Come on, DC, give us the volume 2 (and 3 and 4)!
    Tell them bro, tell them ! we want more Breyfogle goodness.

Is this page from the series that's in the Green Lantern/Green Arrow trade? https://twitter.com/LostDrawings/sta...23229801930752 Looks like art I can appreciate whatever the story if it is

Spectacular Member

So we got the sandman overture HC in work today. It's embargoed until tomorrow for some reason meaning I can't sell it but I did sneak a peek through it whilst unpacking. It's sealed so I didn't get to get an in depth look but did notice some things. It's glued like most of the new 52 HCs and is oversized. The back states there's about 50 pages of extras at the back including excerpts from J.H Williams's sketchbook.
    Looking at the page block, there's one page near the beginning that is shorter then the rest and folded at the end which suggests to me that the 4 page pull out in issue 1 has been recreated here which is cool.
    Last edited by Ben11345; 11-09-2015 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben11345 View Post
    So we got the sandman overture HC in work today. It's embargoed until tomorrow for some reason meaning I can't sell it but I did sneak a peek through it whilst unpacking. It's sealed so I didn't get to get an in depth look but did notice some things. It's glued like most of the new 52 HCs and just a standard trim. The back states there's about 50 pages of extras at the back including excerpts from J.H Williams's sketchbook.
    Looking at the page block, there's one page near the beginning that is shorter then the rest and folded at the end which suggests to me that the 4 page pull out in issue 1 has been recreated here which is cool. I'll see if I can sneak some picks in a minute.

EDIT: Does anyone know how to upload pictures from a phone (iPhone)? I hit upload and nothing happens.
    To clarify, this book is not standard trim; like all DC deluxe editions it is oversized.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post
    To clarify, this book is not standard trim; like all DC deluxe editions it is oversized.
    Sorry, I had nothing to compare it to and just took a wild guess on the spot, I'll edit my post to reflect this.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Also, here is a pic from Mike Allred's fb page of the IZombie omnibus:
    The iZombie Omni isn't on my list as I hear the TV show(which I enjoy) isn't at all like the book. The TV show is largely in-name-only just borrowing a few concepts.
    However, if it was on my list of buys I'd be upset that they put the "Now a hit show on the CW" across the book. Forever dating it with a shameless advert plug.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

BANNED

Not sure if Slowpoke or not, but DC Comics will release Tom King's Omega Men: Complete Edition in August 2016!