View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 492 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 392442482488489490491492493494495496502542592992 ... LastLast
Results 7,366 to 7,380 of 21671

Anyone else who has the brightest day omnibus notice that the cloth ribbon thing dosnt connect to the first signature? worries me

and whats the deal with with grayson vol 1 getting a HC but not vol 2?

I think, others know better, that the ribbon is just decorative.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Anyone else who has the brightest day omnibus notice that the cloth ribbon thing dosnt connect to the first signature? worries me

and whats the deal with with grayson vol 1 getting a HC but not vol 2?
    The cloth/yarn looking pieces at the top and bottom of the spine are indeed just decorative. There's an actual structural backing ribbon in the guts of the spine though.

As for Grayson, it might be a sales thing. You'd have to consult comichron.com and see what those sales numbers were like, and if they were presumably not-that-great, then that's the reason for going TPB only. Same thing happened with the latest Batgirl trade. And DC didn't even bother to finish off the final volume of Batwoman in HC, instead just kicking it to TPB.

On the other hand, if it's not a sales thing, then it might be DC taking a Marvel approach to collected editions. If the HCs are going to sell well, they'll just first run them in TPB, then do a Deluxe HC later on. This is what Marvel did with Hawkeye and Deadpool. And DC unintentionally did it with Snyder's Swamp Thing. So maybe they're intentionally going to do that pattern for things like Batgirl and Grayson. But I don't know how much I'd bet on this being likely.

Unsealed my Fables vol 11 HC last night, get up this morning to find the dreaded wavey page problem, possibly the worst I have seen, this really is getting me to consider dropping all HC's apart from DH stuff and DC Absolutes, and switching to digital, the cheap hellblazer trades aren't doing this, only the OHC's (and this is all companies I buy from apart from DH) this is a real crappy paper problem.

And I may of asked this before, I forget, but if I get the absolute batman inc. will it make any sense at all if I haven't read any of the earlier Morrison Batman stuff
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 11-16-2015 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Unsealed my Fables vol 11 HC last night, get up this morning to find the dreaded wavey page problem, possibly the worst I have seen, this really is getting me to consider dropping all HC's apart from DH stuff and DC Absolutes, and switching to digital, the cheap hellblazer trades aren't doing this, only the OHC's (and this is all companies I buy from apart from DH) this is a real crappy paper problem.

And I may of asked this before, I forget, but if I get the absolute batman inc. will it make any sense at all if I haven't read any of the earlier Morrison Batman stuff
    As long as you have a decent understanding of Batman's history you should be able to enjoy it. It would definitely help to know what came before, but even if you get lost the art looks great in the absolute format. IMHO this run is where Morrison really shines. He doesn't go full Morrison, yet he still leaves plenty of historical easter eggs. Plus you get to see great c-list villains and heroes along side batman.

I
    Quote Originally Posted by pch3727 View Post
    As long as you have a decent understanding of Batman's history you should be able to enjoy it. It would definitely help to know what came before, but even if you get lost the art looks great in the absolute format. IMHO this run is where Morrison really shines. He doesn't go full Morrison, yet he still leaves plenty of historical easter eggs. Plus you get to see great c-list villains and heroes along side batman.
    Sold........

I

Sold........
    If you're getting Inc, I can't recommend Batman & Robin enough. In my top 5 Batman stories. Like Inc, it helps to have read the material prior, but it works well enough on its own for the most part. Dick & Damian as Batman & Robin drawn by Quitely is made for Absolute (though the Tan art... not so much.)

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pch3727 View Post
    Not sure I agree. It's the conclusion to what occurred in Morrison's first year. Also, I think the last issue of Inc. vol 1 does in fact go full-on Morrison (which is why I love it).

Get them and hope the other Morrison stuff gets Absoluted??? Or leave in just in case they release an Morrison omni, decisions decisions

I'm currently reading the Locke and Key master edition from IDW and the pages are not wavy at all. Maybe the bottom ones a wee bit now that it sat on my table for a day and I'm constantly turning the heat on and off.
    IDW seems to be alright as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I'm currently reading the Locke and Key master edition from IDW and the pages are not wavy at all. Maybe the bottom ones a wee bit now that it sat on my table for a day and I'm constantly turning the heat on and off.
    IDW seems to be alright as well.
    The most disappointing is Valiant, small company, great universe (excellent spines that match) but the last two books I received, harbinger 2 and bloodshot 2 (I think without checking) have really awful, wavey paper

I'm going to sell all my regular sized dc HC and get Absolutes or Deluxe. Do you guys recommend Deluxe or absolute for y the last man, and also anyone know what happened to the deluxe versions of flash and Aquaman that were solicited?
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I think, others know better, that the ribbon is just decorative.
    Yup. No reason to worry at all.

Fantastic Member

Here are the HCs from the February solicitations:

AQUAMAN VOL. 7: EXILED HC
    Written by CULLEN BUNN
    Art by TREVOR McCARTHY, JESUS MERINO, ALEC MORGAN and others
    Cover by TREVOR McCARTHY
    On sale APRIL 20 • 192 pg, FC, $24.99 US
    Everything Aquaman knew begins to crumble around him as he becomes a fugitive from his own city. The Atlantis of old is waging war with Earth, and his wife wants him dead. Don’t miss these tales from AQUAMAN #41-48, plus the sneak peek story from CONVERGENCE: SUICIDE SQUAD #2!

BATMAN: EUROPA HC
    Written by MATTEO CASALI and BRIAN AZZARELLO
    Art by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI, JIM LEE, DIEGO LATORRE and GERALD PAREL
    Cover by JIM LEE
    On sale APRIL 13 • 144 pg, FC, $22.99 US
    The long-awaited 4-issue miniseries is collected in a new hardcover! The impossible has happened and Batman is on the verge of being taken down by an enemy he cannot defeat: a virus for which there is no cure! And the only hope for his salvation is 
The Joker! Who infected Batman, what does the Clown Prince of Crime know, and how will the Dark Knight get that information? Together, the enemies crisscross Europe, desperate to find answers before time runs out.

BLACKEST NIGHT UNWRAPPED HC
    Written by GEOFF JOHNS
    Art and cover by IVAN REIS
    Resolicit • On sale APRIL 20 • 272 pg, B&W, 7.0625” x 10.875”, $34.99 US
    Retailers: This title is resolicited. All previous orders are canceled.
    The prophecy of The Blackest Night descends in this new title collecting the best-selling BLACKEST NIGHT #0-8 and spotlighting the pencil artistry of Ivan Reis! Now, Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps lead DC’s champions into battle to save the universe from an army of Black Lanterns made up of the DCU’s deceased heroes and villains!

GOTHAM CENTRAL OMNIBUS HC
    Written by ED BRUBAKER and GREG RUCKA
    Art by MICHAEL LARK, STEFANO GAUDIANO, KANO and others
    Cover by MICHAEL LARK
    On sale MAY 4 • 968 pg, FC, $99.99 US
    Harvey Bullock, Maggie Sawyer, Renee Montoya and the GCPD are all that stands between order and chaos in Gotham City. It’s up to them to keep the world’s most dangerous criminals off the street, and also to clean up the mess left behind by Batman’s one-man war on crime. Now, the entire 40-issue run of GOTHAM CENTRAL is collected in a single hardcover.

GREEN LANTERN VOL. 7: RENEGADE HC
    Written by ROBERT VENDITTI
    Art by BILLY TAN, MARK IRWIN, ETHAN VAN SCIVER and others
    Cover by BILLY TAN
    On sale APRIL 20 • 208 pg, FC, $24.99 US
    A new chapter in Hal Jordan’s life begins as he becomes the universe’s most wanted outlaw! And what happens when Hal faces Black Hand in a duel unlike any you’ve seen before? Collects stories from GREEN LANTERN #41-46, ANNUAL #1 plus the sneak peek story from CONVERGENCE: THE ATOM #2.

INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US YEAR FOUR VOL. 1 HC
    Written by BRIAN BUCCELLATO
    Art by BRUNO REDONDO, MIKE S. MILLER and others
    Cover by HOWARD PORTER
    On sale APRIL 27 • 136 pg, FC, $22.99 US
    In these stories from issues #1-6, it’s the year of gods! Joining the insurgence against Superman, Zeus makes a bid for Earth, bringing the Amazonian Army into the fight. But who will Wonder Woman side with? And, how will Batman take advantage of all this godly interference?

JUSTICE LEAGUE: DARKSEID WAR – POWER OF THE GODS HC
    Written by PETER J. TOMASI, FRANCIS MANAPUL and others
    Art by FERNANDO PASARIN, FRANCIS MANAPUL, SCOTT KOLINS and others
    Cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL
    On sale APRIL 20 • 200 pg, FC, $29.99 US
    The world’s greatest heroes have gained the powers of the New Gods—but how will they handle them? And how will this affect the winds of war? Find out in these stories from the JUSTICE LEAGUE: DARKSEID WAR one-shots starring Batman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Superman, Lex Luthor and Shazam!

ROBIN WAR HC
    Written by TOM KING, RAY FAWKES, LEE BERMEJO, PATRICK GLEASON and others
    Art by various
    Cover by MIKEL JANIN
    On sale APRIL 13 • 256 pg, FC, $24.99 US
    In stories from ROBIN WAR #1-2, GRAYSON #15, DETECTIVE COMICS #47, WE ARE ROBIN #7, ROBIN: SON OF BATMAN #7, GOTHAM ACADEMY #13, RED HOOD/ARSENAL #7 and TEEN TITANS #15, it’s Robins vs. cops! Robins vs. Robins! Robins vs. Batman! Robins vs. the Court of Owls?! And the rise of The Jokers! Plus, Damian saves Gotham City—again!

SWEET TOOTH DELUXE EDITION BOOK TWO HC
    Written by JEFF LEMIRE
    Art by JEFF LEMIRE, MATT KINDT, NATE POWELL and EMI LENOX
    Cover by JEFF LEMIRE
    On sale APRIL 6 • 304 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875” $29.99 US • MATURE READERS
    In these tales from SWEET TOOTH #13-25, Gus learns that the path to freedom can be deadlier than captivity. Plus, Gus reluctantly joins Jepperd to hunt for the missing girls as the tension between the two continues to grow.

WONDER WOMAN EARTH ONE VOL. 1 HC
    Written by GRANT MORRISON
    Art and cover by YANICK PAQUETTE
    On sale APRIL 6 • 144 pg, FC, $22.99 US
    In this new installment of the New York Times best-selling Earth One original graphic novel line, Grant Morrison (THE MULTIVERSITY) joins with Yanick Paquette (SWAMP THING, BATMAN, INC.) to reimagine Wonder Woman for a new era. Encompassing the vision of her original creator, William Moulton Marston, Morrison presents a Diana who yearns to break free from her mother and the utopian society on Paradise Island to learn about the forbidden outside world. Her dreams may come true when Air Force pilot Steve Trevor crashes on their shores, and she must defy the laws of the Amazons to return him to Man’s World.
    Is she ready for the culture shock that awaits her in America? And is the world ready for this Wonder Woman?

Fantastic Member

And the big TPBs:

100 BULLETS BOOK FIVE TP
    Written by BRIAN AZZARELLO
    Art by EDUARDO RISSO
    Cover by DAVE JOHNSON
    On sale MARCH 30 • 496 pg, FC, $24.99 US • MATURE READERS
    In this final trade paperback collecting issues #81-100, more members of The Trust fall, and one family head reaches out to a semi-retired Minuteman for help. And learn the last dark truths as secrets are revealed about what really caused this war.

BATMAN: CONTAGION TP
    Written by CHUCK DIXON, ALAN GRANT, DOUG MOENCH
    Art by GRAHAM NOLAN, DAVE TAYLOR, JIM APARO, STAZ JOHNSON and others
    On sale MARCH 9 • 464 pg, FC, $34.99 US
    A deadly plague has struck Gotham City—and the infected only have 48 hours to live! Batman must race to find a cure in these stories from BATMAN: THE SHADOW OF THE BAT #48-49, BATMAN #529, DETECTIVE COMICS #695-696, AZRAEL #15-16, CATWOMAN #31-32 and ROBIN #27-28.

BATMAN & ROBIN ETERNAL VOL. 1 TP
    Written by JAMES TYNION IV, SCOTT SNYDER and others
    Art by various
    Cover by TONY S. DANIEL and SANDU FLOREA
    On sale MARCH 9 • 288 pg, FC, $29.99 US
    Not many years ago, Batman and Robin worked the most disturbing case of their crimefighting careers: bringing down the organization of the human trafficker known only as Mother. At the time, Dick Grayson did not understand the scope of that case, but now its darkest secrets are coming back to haunt him and everyone else who ever worked with Batman! Collects BATMAN AND ROBIN ETERNAL #1-12, plus the eight-page story from BATMAN: ENDGAME SPECIAL EDITION #1.

INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US YEAR ONE – THE COMPLETE COLLECTION TP
    Written by TOM TAYLOR
    Art by BRUNO REDONDO, MIKE S. MILLER and others
    Video game art cover
    On sale MARCH 2 • 424 pg, FC, $24.99 US
    The first year of the acclaimed prequel to the video game Injustice: Gods Among Us is collected! The world is changed forever when Superman is tricked into destroying the thing he loves most. Now, the heroes of our world must decide if they are with Superman or against him.

ROBIN VOL. 2 TP
    Written by CHUCK DIXON
    Art by TOM LYLE, BOB SMITH and others
    Cover by MIKE ZECK
    On sale MARCH 16 • 360 pg, FC, $24.99 US
    As Tim Drake settles in as the new Robin, he must deal with the newly escaped Joker, and team up with the Huntress to face the power of the KGBeast. Collected from ROBIN II #1-4 and ROBIN III: CRY OF THE HUNTRESS #1-6!

SUPERMAN: THE GOLDEN AGE VOL. 1 TP
    Written by JERRY SIEGEL
    Art by JOE SHUSTER
    Cover by DARWYN COOKE
    On sale MARCH 16 • 384 pg, FC, $19.99 US
    The original tales of the Man of Tomorrow are collected in trade paperback from the pages ACTION COMICS #1-12, SUPERMAN #1-4 and WORLD’S FAIR COMICS #1. Written by Jerry Siegel and illustrated by Joe Shuster, this title includes the first appearances of Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, and Superman’s alter ego Clark Kent, as well as the first use of his x-ray vision.

SUPERMAN UNCHAINED TP
    Written by SCOTT SNYDER
    Art by JIM LEE, SCOTT WILLIAMS and DUSTIN NGUYEN
    Cover by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS
    Resolicit • On sale MARCH 2 • 352 pg, FC, $24.99 US
    Retailers: This title is resolicited. All previous orders are canceled.
    The entire nine-issue UNCHAINED series by the superstar team of writer Scott Snyder and artist Jim Lee is collected in trade paperback! When satellites start to fall from the sky, the big question is who stopped the last one from falling. Lex Luthor, Lois Lane, Batman, Wonder Woman, eco-terrorists, the U.S. Army and, most of all, the mysterious being known as Wraith all figure in this epic story from two of comics’ hottest talents!

SUPERMAN/BATMAN VOL. 3 TP
    Written by MARK VERHEIDEN and JOE KELLY
    Art by KEVIN MAGUIRE, ETHAN VAN SCIVER, MATTHEW CLARK, PAT LEE and others
    Cover by ED McGUINNESS and DEXTER VINES
    On sale MARCH 30 • 296 pg, FC, $19.99 US
    In these stories from SUPERMAN/BATMAN #27-36 and ANNUAL #1, the Martian Manhunter attacks Batman! The Parasite and Titano return! Superman’s allegiances are tested in a story involving the Green Lantern Corps and more! Plus, a tale from the days before Superman and Batman were a team—and Deathstroke was gunning for Bruce Wayne!

SUPERMAN AND THE JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA VOL. 1 TP
    Written by DAN JURGENS and others
    Art by DAN JURGENS, RICK BURCHETT and others
    Cover by DAN JURGENS and RICK BURCHETT
    On sale MARCH 23 • 412 pg, FC, $17.99 US
    In these 1990s tales from JLA #61-67 and JUSTICE LEAGUE SPECTACULAR #1, Superman convinces the team to aid his former foe, Maxima, in freeing her homeworld from a tyrant. Then, the JLA must rescue the Elongated Man and Sue Dibny from the Royal Flush Gang.

WONDER WOMAN: WAR OF THE GODS TP
    Written by GEORGE PEREZ
    Art by GEORGE PEREZ, CYNTHIA MARTIN, JILL THOMPSON and others
    Cover by GEORGE PEREZ
    On sale MARCH 23 • 304 pg, FC, $24.99 US
    When Zeus and his fellow Gods of Olympus go to war with other deities from across the heavens (and beyond), the heroes of the DC Universe are stuck in the middle. Teaming with Superman, Captain Marvel and others, Wonder Woman must stop a battle that could destroy the galaxy, and discover who is pulling the strings behind the scenes! Collects WAR OF THE GODS #1-4 and WONDER WOMAN #58-62!

WORLD’S FUNNEST TP
    Written by EVAN DORKIN, ALAN GRANT, and others
    Art by KEVIN O’NEILL, RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE, FRANK MILLER, DAVID MAZZUCCHELLI and others
    Cover by BRIAN BOLLAND
    On sale MARCH 30 • 296 pg, FC, $16.99 US
    Bat-Mite stars in this collection of misadventures with appearances by Superman, the Justice League of America and Superman’s equally magical—and annoying—foe, Mr. Mxyzptlk. Collects SUPERMAN AND BATMAN: WORLD’S FUNNEST #1, BATMAN: MITEFALL #1, WORLD’S FINEST #6, DETECTIVE COMICS #267 and more!