View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 497 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 397447487493494495496497498499500501507547597997 ... LastLast
Results 7,441 to 7,455 of 21673

Quote Originally Posted by Noxex View Post
    I'm not sure of the exact reason he became CCO, but he started out as just a writer who happened to put together long runs. Started out with JSA, then Flash and GL. From Infinite Crisis nonwithstanding) onward he was pretty much the top writer at DC, with only Morrison having as much creative freedom. (It also didn't hurt that Didio has a habit of pushing top talent away.) Personally I *love* JSA, Hawkman and GL. But otherwise I'm not too big of a fan with his villain obsession, and his New52 work has been a big step down. But I'm not sure what DC would have done without him really. I mean I greatly prefer Morrison (and later Snyder) but I certainly get why he's popular, and pre-Infinite Crisis he was my favorite DC writer.
    agreed with this (except I hate Snyder and like Infinite crisis).
    Also, you can listen to the Johns interview on Fatman on Batman, it's pretty good and interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    the first Johns omni was around 40-450 pages then v2 and 3 were 700pg.
    Where did you pick these up? They're not available on ISTs for some reason.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

In the UK they are 'hard to get'. My way of saying they're over priced because, I assume, there aren't many copies left. Probably the same in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Been out of print for quite awhile now.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    not my pic, goggled it just to show Dayle88 how thick they are.
    I only have vol 2 and 3, bought them when they came out, have the Blood will run tpb, which covers more than half of the first omni, got it for Christmas so didn't upgrade for the omni because of sentimental reasons.

Incredible Member

I would love to see Doom Patrol or Swamp Thing get the Absolute treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    I would love to see Doom Patrol or Swamp Thing get the Absolute treatment.
    Man, I'd buy Swamp Thing in a second. Not only is it a beautifully, well-written story, but that art is gorgeous.
    Doom Patrol is one of my favorite Morrison runs, but I'm good with the omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Man, I'd buy Swamp Thing in a second. Not only is it a beautifully, well-written story, but that art is gorgeous.
    Doom Patrol is one of my favorite Morrison runs, but I'm good with the omnibus.
    DP should get deluxes but IMHO while the art is not bad for an early Vertigo book, it doesn't scream for the absolute size.

DP should get deluxes but IMHO while the art is not bad for an early Vertigo book, it doesn't scream for the absolute size.
    Doom Patrol will be published in chunky paperbacks (as the Lucifer ones) next year... I think they will be 4 in total, 30$ each.
    I'd love a Swamp Thing omnibus (please, stop with the absolutes)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
    Doom Patrol will be published in chunky paperbacks (as the Lucifer ones) next year... I think they will be 4 in total, 30$ each.
    I'd love a Swamp Thing omnibus (please, stop with the absolutes)
    that works as well but I thought they will do deluxes since it's Morrison.

that works as well but I thought they will do deluxes since it's Morrison.
    Yeah I thought so as well, cause they did the same for Invisibles... but I don't care, I bought the omnibus a month ago.

I agree with you, and I think just from a collector's standpoint they should have some OHCs, but I think we can all make arguments that there's been a number of Absolute books with art that doesn't scream Absolute. League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, for example. That book, however, will sell because it's Alan Moore. I think DC knows this. Also, the announcement of Preacher. That had a lot of people scratching their heads.

As I understand it, the Absolute volumes were for really special runs and to showcase great stories. I'm not so sure that's the case anymore. I think now it's one or the other.

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

I agree. I think with Preacher, Transmet, and Y all getting Absolutes, Swamp Thing is just a matter of time. I mean, think about it: if you had to pick the 3 most important Vertigo books, Swamp Thing would be on there. That, combined with the fact that Alan Moore has more Absolutes than any other writer (and the art in the series is spectacular) screams Absolute to me. They could knock out his entire run in 2 Absolutes if they make it the size of Transmet, Y, Sandman, or Preacher.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I agree with you, and I think just from a collector's standpoint they should have some OHCs, but I think we can all make arguments that there's been a number of Absolute books with art that doesn't scream Absolute. League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, for example. That book, however, will sell because it's Alan Moore. I think DC knows this. Also, the announcement of Preacher. That had a lot of people scratching their heads.

As I understand it, the Absolute volumes were for really special runs and to showcase great stories. I'm not so sure that's the case anymore. I think now it's one or the other.
    respectfully disagree, O'neill's art is sooo good, really detailed and while it's deliberately ugly it's still the best in the biggest size possible.

Incredible Member

respectfully disagree, O'neill's art is sooo good, really detailed and while it's deliberately ugly it's still the best in the biggest size possible.
    Agreed. Also, I think the combination of art and writing is very important. While the art standalone might not be the best, combined with the appropriate writer, it can be outstanding together. I couldn't imagine someone other than O'Neill drawing LoEG. Same for Dillon on Preacher, etc. Those artists were perfect for the subject matter.