View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 498 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 398448488494495496497498499500501502508548598998 ... LastLast
Results 7,456 to 7,470 of 21671

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    respectfully disagree, O'neill's art is sooo good, really detailed and while it's deliberately ugly it's still the best in the biggest size possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Agreed. Also, I think the combination of art and writing is very important. While the art standalone might not be the best, combined with the appropriate writer, it can be outstanding together. I couldn't imagine someone other than O'Neill drawing LoEG. Same for Dillon on Preacher, etc. Those artists were perfect for the subject matter.

Ha ha, I knew the second I suggested League, I knew I'd get called out. No big deal. I don't necessarily dislike O'Neil's art, it's just not my favorite.
    I also actually Like Dillon's stuff, but again, not sure if it screams Absolute.
    Regardless, I bought League in Absolute and will buy Preacher in that format as well. They're such great stories that I'll reread over and over again that I do want the best version possible.

I might have to go for Absolute Preacher. I'm a big Ennis fan but have never read it and while I'm not really fond of Dillon I want another Absolute and 26 issues is one I can get on board with. If more Absolutes had a higher page count (I don't expect omnibus levels) I'd take a lot more risks on stuff I haven't read.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I might have to go for Absolute Preacher. I'm a big Ennis fan but have never read it and while I'm not really fond of Dillon I want another Absolute and 26 issues is one I can get on board with. If more Absolutes had a higher page count (I don't expect omnibus levels) I'd take a lot more risks on stuff I haven't read.
    I think DC absolutes are ridiculously pricey. For half the price (or less) you get a Dark Horse Library... and they are incredibily well-made. I hope in more Vertigo omnis in the future and less absolutes.

No argument from me, the Library editions are incredible but the reality is that we are never going to get that quality or price from DC or Marvel.

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Does anyone on here know if the spine of the GL (or any other DC omnibuses) is supposed to crease into the gutter when opened? With Marvel omnibuses this doesn't happen but maybe it's due to a thicker spine material.

Quote Originally Posted by Mix_Masta_Micah View Post
    Does anyone on here know if the spine of the GL (or any other DC omnibuses) is supposed to crease into the gutter when opened? With Marvel omnibuses this doesn't happen but maybe it's due to a thicker spine material.
    It is not supposed to, but with some of the larger omnis it does. You can fix it by sliding something between the spine and the ribbon and popping it outward while opening the book. In my experience once you have done this it will bend outward from then on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    No argument from me, the Library editions are incredible but the reality is that we are never going to get that quality or price from DC or Marvel.
    You might get the quality - I was comparing my Goon volume 1 last night to some Absolutes - but, you're right, you will never get that price.

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sho nuff View Post
    It is not supposed to, but with some of the larger omnis it does. You can fix it by sliding something between the spine and the ribbon and popping it outward while opening the book. In my experience once you have done this it will bend outward from then on.

Crap, I didn't think so. That's so annoying that you pay that much for books and they still require some work. The spine just seems so flimsy. I guess I'll still a ruler where the spine and ribbon meet and pray that that fixes it. Cheerso for the response though. I feel like someone cold make some money byou offering comic specific hardcover repair. Not saying there's a huge market but you could make some side chaget I feel like.

Amazing Member

I just got The Dark Knight Saga. It is very nice and oversized. =)

IMG_1495.jpg
    IMG_1496.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    You might get the quality - I was comparing my Goon volume 1 last night to some Absolutes - but, you're right, you will never get that price.
    That's true, my Absolute did remind me of the Hellboy library's. Certainly not from Marvel though ha ha.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    How is the Goon library edition? I know nothing about the material so I hated to make a blind buy. Is there anything you can compare it too?

Incredible Member

Does anyone have the recent Batman: War Games reprint? Wondering if it's worth replcing my old trade copies.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Does anyone have the recent Batman: War Games reprint? Wondering if it's worth replcing my old trade copies.
    I don't have the old versions but I really enjoyed the new version.I have read it contains more material than the originals but I don't have them to confirm.

The retail price for Absolute Preacher is now $150! This is crazy, especially considering how mediocre Absolute editions have become. On the other hand, the page count has been bumped up to 736.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    What sort of Batman is it? Might go for it.