View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 1443 FirstFirst 12345678915551055051005 ... LastLast

100 Bullets Deluxe Editions from silkcuts:

When you've already started with 100 Bullets, let me continue.

I was expecting Lono's ugly mug on spine for #5 so this came as wee bit disappointment but whatever.

Hope they do a matching spine for his (mini)series deluxe.

Also, thickness of books varies, so they don't exactly match each other in mm to form a perfect picture.

But all-in-all I am thrilled for finally having to read one my fav comic series on paper completely.

Authority Vol 2 HC from Mathu87:

It took its time, but here it is:

This was shot after I opened it for the first time, but no reading at all. I found it a little bit better compared to the first one regarding gutter loss, but it's still a pretty crappy edition to my eyes. But, hey, at least they included a full page of extras this time!

Batman HC Vol 3 from pud333:

Picked up Batman vol 3 at the LCS. Mailman also delivered The Courtyard and companion two piece HC set!

Nice cover. Though, for a dj, it attracts a heck of a lot of dust and particles. Too bad the story isn't that great. I felt Snyder fumbled the execution. I like that it is a white cover though. Getting bored of the New 52 standard covers.

Books of Magic Deluxe from MartinNL:

My Books of Magic Deluxe arrived today. It's got a razor's scratch on the front cover, so it will be returned, but other than that it's a really nice book! It's a little tight, but same quality as the Black Orchid Deluxe. I haven't got a softcover to compare with, but check out the table of contents to see what's included. There's 8 pages of extra's (Apocrypha) with thumbnail page layouts, plot lines, sketches etc. Here are some shots of the book for those that asked:

And two more pics

DC One Million Omnibus from weeks:

there is not a table of contents, as one poster requested, or i would have included it. it does have a somewhat tight binding, but i don't mind as i typical hold the book while reading. i've read the actual mini-series and about 7 or 8 of the issues before and the mini is awesome i enjoyed the others so i'm looking forward to getting the whole experience. a very wide range of art styles in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Starro
    Thanks for the pics, weeks. It will be a while before my copy arrives, but I've just got one question about the omnibus: does it include the last two pages of JLA #23 in the beginning?

I know it's a long shot, and they're not essential to the crossover or anything (although they lead right into it), but it's just that this omnibus is my last hope of not having to buy the third JLA Deluxe HC just because of those pesky two pages, which DC stupidly omitted from the JLA: Strength in Numbers TPB and the recent JLA vol. 3 TPB, which was supposed to be a more comprehensive version of the third Deluxe HC.
    it does not have those two pages, starts right in with the mini-series.

Golden Age Superman Omnibus from RedNave:

It that time of the week again!

Internal pics will come when I get home and can get my main camera out.

While I don't have Sleeper, the binding quality is miles ahead of anything else I've ever gotten from DC. Is it perfect, no, is it the best binding in a DC omnibus yet? By far. Keep this up and keep binding in Canada and DC omnibuses will be formidable.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius
    RedNave, could you post a picture of the actual cover without the dj? Or is it the same? Thanks!
    Sadly, its pretty lacking:

Can we just discuss collected editions instead of spamming old posts?

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Can we just discuss collected editions instead of spamming old posts?
    I'm recreating the links from the Op to Pics/reviews of books. I can't really do it any other way. It will only be for another page.

Hawkman Omnibus from World's_Greatest_Detective:

Some Hawkman pics:

img0007ri.jpg
    img0014ez.jpg

Just got it today so I haven't gotten a chance to really dive in, but I liked Morales' art on the first flip through and production wise it seems nicer than the first Flash omni.

House of Secrets Omnibus from MartinNL:

Teddy Kristiansen already posted a lot of pics of the House of Secrets Omnibus here http://teddykristiansenblog.blogspot...s-omnibus.html But I just got it too and decided to post a few more pics, especially with the binding visible. Also a quick review of the book.

So what's the verdict on the binding?
    Well this book's binding is tight like a ************!! Seriously not kidding! I couldn't even properly open the front and back cover. It's just not well done. On top of that it doesn't really lay flat, the reason being that the super is totally inflexible. I used some serious muscle to get my fingers in between the super and the spine to try and flex it a little. The result is visible below. So yeah not really impressed with this.

What about the paper quality?
    Beautiful!! It's a sort of matte paper, but unlike the Batman: Year One TP or the Batman Loeb Absolutes. I don't have another book with this type of paper. It fits the art really well and I'm glad it's not printed on glossy paper. You get a real Vertigo feel with this type of paper even though it's not newspaper print style paper. I can see this being used for a Swamp Thing set of Absolutes, Omnibuses or deluxe edition books. So kudos to DC for picking this.

What about the contents?
    The book includes issue #1-25, Vertigo Winter's Edge #1 and House of Secrets: Facade #1-2. The cover of every issue is printed before every issue.Unfortunately there is no foreword, but the book does have 20 pages of extra's. These extra's are things such as sketches, the first ever drawing Kristiansen did, an axed script page for Vertigo Winter's Edge and some other cool stuff. The art is just amazing and really tells a story in itself. So that bodes well for the Seagle's written story.

Final Verdict
    Really nice book, but come on DC, get your act together alright with the binding. The printed cover looks really cool, but I'd rather have a boring black cover and the flexibility of the Sleeper Omnibus than this. That said though, I'd highly recommend this book! (Yes even though I haven't read it yet).

And a couple more pics with binding and contents.