View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 501 of 1444 FirstFirst ... 4014514914974984995005015025035045055115516011001 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,515 of 21657
    BANNED

I think some channel did buy the rights fort Scalped, hence i'm cautiously optimistic for Absolutes.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    it happens with a lot of series that one of the books go oop faster than others and go for silly prices on the secondary market.
    Usually it's vol 2 or three and it always seem weird.
    Fourth World omnibus vol. 2... Ended up costing me as much as vol 1, 3 and 4 combined. Still worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    it happens with a lot of series that one of the books go oop faster than others and go for silly prices on the secondary market.
    Usually it's vol 2 or three and it always seem weird.
    For a while, and maybe still, Starman and Ex Machina each had one really pricey volume compared to the others. Punisher Max Vol. 4 is probably the king of this dilemma.

what's the word on the Dark Knight Returns Deluxe Edition in terms of paper, binding, extras?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    For a while, and maybe still, Starman and Ex Machina each had one really pricey volume compared to the others. Punisher Max Vol. 4 is probably the king of this dilemma.
    I noticed Marvel is reprinting Punisher MAX in complete collections. I'm looking forward to that. But I doubt it'll bring the price down on the vol. 4.

So I just ordered the first six volumes of GJ's run on Teen Titans in paperback. I had these a few ago and let them go and decided to buy them again. I noticed that the first two volumes were reprinted and not on newsprint. Now they're on glossy paper. Was a nice surprise. Unfortunately vol. 3 & 4 are still on newsprint.

Is harley Quinn series any good? Thinking about collecting new series from New 52 not sure what should I choose.

Go to Amazon look up the first Harley graphic novel and click on the picture to look inside. It will let you read a chunk of it to decide if you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Go to Amazon look up the first Harley graphic novel and click on the picture to look inside. It will let you read a chunk of it to decide if you like it.
    Thanks for tip, preview is not availalble on UK's Amazon. Art looks pretty good, think I'd buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    I agree 100% with you. He's a brilliant artist and one of my favorites as well. He's the ONLY reason I even tried Batwoman. When I first saw her outfit and everything, I didn't think I would like the character. But because JHW was doing the art, it was a no brainer for me to buy it. And I ended up absolutely LOVING it. Not just the art, but the story, the characters. It's a great run.

I'll buy books though just to be amazed at his artwork.
    I ordered the overture deluxe just for his art (ive actually never read sandman)
    Last edited by Marth555; 11-28-2015 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marth555 View Post
    I ordered the overture deluxe just for his art (ive actually never read sandman)
    I'm curious how much you will understand. Even though it's a prequel there are a lot of stuff that requires knowledge about the original run (and also a big spoiler if you don't know how that run ends).

Amazing Member

I finished The Dark Knight Strikes Again and holy molly it is completely mental! I didn't hate it, it was actually ok, just not as good as the first book.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

When it comes to DC/Vertigo I have OHCs and Absolutes, but not Omnibuses, and I'm trying to decide between the iZombie TPBs and the new Omni. Can anyone help me in the next hour or so before I have to place an order?

Generally with Marvel I'll do an Omni for something with art I'm obsessed with (Allred - check!) and a self-contained story (check!), but I'm a little more prompt to read and re-read with TPBs since they're transportable.

However, the big difference is build quality. For an older Marvel Omni, I'll almost always buy it because it's durable. For the newer ones, I'm more likely to consider sticking with trades.

Where is the likely build quality of the iZombie Omnibus based on other Vertigo omnis? Should it be sewn? What about paper quality? Overall, how do you feel about recent builds?

Thank you!

(I searched before asking this and I did see your posts of earlier this month about it saying, "now a hit show!" but as long as that's still accompanied by new Allred art I have no complaints )
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Anyone here get the Golden Age Batman Omnibus? If so would you mind posting lots and lots of pics of it. I'm dying to see it before I grab it...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by World1 View Post
    Anyone here get the Golden Age Batman Omnibus? If so would you mind posting lots and lots of pics of it. I'm dying to see it before I grab it...
    Mine came in a few days ago from indigo, this is all I've got so far. I can take more tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    When it comes to DC/Vertigo I have OHCs and Absolutes, but not Omnibuses, and I'm trying to decide between the iZombie TPBs and the new Omni. Can anyone help me in the next hour or so before I have to place an order?

Generally with Marvel I'll do an Omni for something with art I'm obsessed with (Allred - check!) and a self-contained story (check!), but I'm a little more prompt to read and re-read with TPBs since they're transportable.

However, the big difference is build quality. For an older Marvel Omni, I'll almost always buy it because it's durable. For the newer ones, I'm more likely to consider sticking with trades.

Where is the likely build quality of the iZombie Omnibus based on other Vertigo omnis? Should it be sewn? What about paper quality? Overall, how do you feel about recent builds?

Thank you!

(I searched before asking this and I did see your posts of earlier this month about it saying, "now a hit show!" but as long as that's still accompanied by new Allred art I have no complaints )
    maybe I'm a bit late but I still think DC is hit or miss but IZombie is only like 600 pages so probably it will be okay. Can't remember the last awful binding, probably those true mousetraps are things of the past now (hopefully). Paperstock I think will be glossy since it's a recent book, nothing spectacular but above MArvel event ohc level.