View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 504 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 44044544945005015025035045055065075085145546041004 ... LastLast
Results 7,546 to 7,560 of 21662

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Maybe I missed it but the Edelweiss is out

http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.co...d=1&savecook=1
    Why do the collected edition gods hate Rucka so much? Figured with the Perez WW omnibus selling good numbers DC would see potential in doing one of Rucka's run. Pity.

One that has me even more bummed out is the choice of releasing the new editions of Northlanders in paperback. It has been my most wanted Vertigo title to receive the deluxe hardcover upgrade since I started collecting the line. This and Doom Patrol in the past two months has been awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogtown View Post
    Why do the collected edition gods hate Rucka so much? Figured with the Perez WW omnibus selling good numbers DC would see potential in doing one of Rucka's run. Pity.

One that has me even more bummed out is the choice of releasing the new editions of Northlanders in paperback. It has been my most wanted Vertigo title to receive the deluxe hardcover upgrade since I started collecting the line. This and Doom Patrol in the past two months has been awful.
    I was hoping for an Omnibus, because it would be perfect in size, but I guess we can bury our hopes for an OHC edition for a long time now.

Quote Originally Posted by VanWinkle View Post
    Here are a few pictures that show the fourth printing edition of Planetary Omnibus I bought a few months ago from IST:

Amazing! My copy, bought on the day it was first released, is tight as a nun's... well, you get the idea. Maybe I should sell my copy an order a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Pertl View Post
    I was hoping for an Omnibus, because it would be perfect in size, but I guess we can bury our hopes for an OHC edition for a long time now.
    Couple years back I spoke to Brian Wood at a convention and asked him about Northlanders getting the same deluxe treatment as DMZ. He was pretty convinced it would eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    Amazing! My copy, bought on the day it was first released, is tight as a nun's... well, you get the idea. Maybe I should sell my copy an order a new one.
    I have a 1st printing as well and I remember not being too impressed with the binding.

Amazing Member

I haven't really been following comics since April of this year so I was wondering if someone could help me. My goal is to collect all the New 52 trades and I was wondering if anyone could tell me which trades (hardcover or paperback) are OOP or close to being OOP? Thanks

So far my collection consists of:

Aquaman Vol 1-5 (HC)
    Batgirl Vol 1-4 (HC)
    Batman Vol 1-4 (HC)
    Batman & Robin Vol 1-5 (HC)
    Detective Comics Vol 1-4 (HC)
    Batman Incorporated Vol 1-2 (HC)
    Batman/Superman Vol 1-2 (HC)
    Batman: The Dark Knight Vol 1-4 (HC)
    Batwoman Vol 1-4 (HC)
    Catwoman Vol 1
    Earth 2 Vol 1-4 (HC)
    Green Lantern Vol 1-5 (HC)
    Green Lantern Corps Vol 1-3 (HC)
    Green Lantern New Guardians Vol 1-3 (HC)
    Justice League Vol 1-5 (HC)
    Justice League of America Vol 1-2 (HC)
    Justice League Dark Vol 1
    Legion Lost Vol 1
    Shazam Vol 1 (HC)
    Suicide Squad Vol 1
    Superman Vol 1-5 (HC)
    Superman: Action Comics Vol 1-5 (HC)
    Superman/Wonder Woman Vol 1 (HC)
    Teen Titans Vol 1
    Flash Vol 1-5 (HC)
    Wonder Woman Vol 1-4 (HC)
    Batman: Night of The Owls (HC)
    The Joker: Death of the Family (HC)
    Damian Son of Batman (HC)
    Green Lantern: Rise of the Third Army (HC)
    Green Lantern: Wraith of the First Lantern (HC)
    Green Lantern: Lights Out (HC)
    Justice League Trinity War (HC)
    Forever Evil (HC)
    Superman H'el on Earth (HC)

So the Johns' Aquamaman "omnibus" still doesn't collect the whole run, right? Wasn't it like only two dozen issues or so?

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    So the Johns' Aquamaman "omnibus" still doesn't collect the whole run, right? Wasn't it like only two dozen issues or so?
    I believe it has everything now.

The solicitation shows it as the same issue set as the deluxe, but it also says it collects the full Johns run. So who knows. I'd be shocked if it didn't have all the issues.

Fantastic Member

And the "solicitation" for Panic in the Sky shows that the book doesn't have chapter 3 of the story. Of course, it could be that those aren't solicitations, despite what some may claim with the help of long boring rants? Hmmm...

So what's the draw with these Noir editions? I don't understand the appeal of having the art in black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    In France this Batman Noir edition of the Killing Joke has been published in full clean B&W (no shades of grey) from the original art, i.e. before Brian Bolland 2008 rework on the art (not only the colouring). I have uploaded some pictures here http://myabsolutecollection.blogspot...e-edition.html
    I've got the deluxe version which i love but wow that looks amazing!!

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    So what's the draw with these Noir editions? I don't understand the appeal of having the art in black and white.
    with some artists it's a different experience and some of us prefer b&w artwork over crappy coloring, which unfortunately the case with the Killing Joke deluxe.

Incredible Member

That descriptions still misses the last part of Johns run of Aquaman he was on the title until issue 25.

He also has one more Aquaman story which finishes off everything he was building up to. It might happen in the Justice League book but I'm hoping the delays and changes to this book indicate they are waiting for it to be published so it can all go in the same book rather than leave those plot threads hanging for people to buy a second book that wont be of the same format.

They changed it from a deluxe to an omnibus so I'm sure the whole original run will be included. Even if Johns last story was solicited next month to start 3 months from now they wouldn't be able to include it unless it's just a 1 shot or something. The story would need to be completed in time for the omni printing and shipping faze.