View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 505 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 54054554955015025035045055065075085095155556051005 ... LastLast
Results 7,561 to 7,575 of 21667

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    That descriptions still misses the last part of Johns run of Aquaman he was on the title until issue 25.

He also has one more Aquaman story which finishes off everything he was building up to. It might happen in the Justice League book but I'm hoping the delays and changes to this book indicate they are waiting for it to be published so it can all go in the same book rather than leave those plot threads hanging for people to buy a second book that wont be of the same format.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    They changed it from a deluxe to an omnibus so I'm sure the whole original run will be included. Even if Johns last story was solicited next month to start 3 months from now they wouldn't be able to include it unless it's just a 1 shot or something. The story would need to be completed in time for the omni printing and shipping faze.
    I suppose they could do the omnibus or deluxe and get in the first 16 issues and then do a volume two and get the last nine from the series and whatever new issues he does. Assuming it's just a six issue arc, it would be 15. Still, calling the first one an "omnibus" is pretty weak.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I suppose they could do the omnibus or deluxe and get in the first 16 issues and then do a volume two and get the last nine from the series and whatever new issues he does. Assuming it's just a six issue arc, it would be 15. Still, calling the first one an "omnibus" is pretty weak.
    As far as I remember the n52 Johns Aquaman run had a nice ending and I'm pretty sure they will collect those 23 or 27 or whatever number of issues in the omnibus. If he does a story next year that can get its own deluxe or omnibus since it will lead into a JL story according to the article and who knows how many tie ins that gonna spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    As far as I remember the n52 Johns Aquaman run had a nice ending and I'm pretty sure they will collect those 23 or 27 or whatever number of issues in the omnibus. If he does a story next year that can get its own deluxe or omnibus since it will lead into a JL story according to the article and who knows how many tie ins that gonna spawn.
    So should I hold off on getting the Johns Aquaman trades and wait for the omni?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

I think it comes down to preference. Do you like small easy to read trades or over sized art?

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    So should I hold off on getting the Johns Aquaman trades and wait for the omni?
    It'll probably come to the same price if you can get a good discount on the Omni. Go with whatever format you prefer.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    It'll probably come to the same price if you can get a good discount on the Omni. Go with whatever format you prefer.
    I'd actually like to start collecting hardcovers. Especially for Aquaman and Swamp Thing.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

I'd actually like to start collecting hardcovers. Especially for Aquaman and Swamp Thing.
    That's how it starts...

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    That's how it starts...
    The trick is to only buy things that are equally or more expensive to get in trade, or don't have trades at all. That way, you never feel like you're over paying for anything.
    Cyclops was right

Well the HC for johns AQM vol 1 is OOP and is quite overpriced on ebay and amazon....so id wait for the omni unless you can get a good deal on vol 1

Spectacular Member TheYoungWolf's Avatar

hey guys i'm thinking about picking up absolute court of owls.. but wondering if there were any plans/rumors to collect the rest in absolutes or atleast deluxes? id be stoked if death of the family and zero year were to be in absolutes

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post
    hey guys i'm thinking about picking up absolute court of owls.. but wondering if there were any plans/rumors to collect the rest in absolutes or atleast deluxes? id be stoked if death of the family and zero year were to be in absolutes
    No one knows.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    That's how it starts...

LOL tell me about it.

I got Absolute Sandman Vol 1 for my birthday last april.

Now, 50 hardcovers later Im bargain hunting to finish off OHCs of Ultimate Spider Man, Swamp Thing and Starman.

Quote Originally Posted by ChinBo37 View Post
    LOL tell me about it.

I got Absolute Sandman Vol 1 for my birthday last april.

Now, 50 hardcovers later Im bargain hunting to finish off OHCs of Ultimate Spider Man, Swamp Thing and Starman.
    Not bad in 18 months. I guess you mentioned Swamp Thing by Snyder. If you like ST you HAVE to read Moore's run.

Good luck with Starman, I was planning to get the series, but vol.3 costs around 100 quid in second market.

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post
    Snyder is a big name know so yeah we might get omnis. Don't think we would get more Absolutes from his run.

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    So what's the draw with these Noir editions? I don't understand the appeal of having the art in black and white.
    I have discovered Brian Bolland's art in B&W with oversized Judge Dredd French reprint, and I was stunned. I also think that Mazzucchelli's art and ink style are perfect for B&W. Regarding Miller's art I don't have a definite opinion on these Noir editions, but the Ronin Gallery Edition has blown me away.
    Last edited by vark; 12-06-2015 at 01:18 AM.