View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 506 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 64064564965025035045055065075085095105165566061006 ... LastLast
Results 7,576 to 7,590 of 21667

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Well the HC for johns AQM vol 1 is OOP and is quite overpriced on ebay and amazon....so id wait for the omni unless you can get a good deal on vol 1
    Hm...I guess I'll just go for Tpbs. They've never failed me yet.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Extraordinary Member

Anyone know the contents of the Ivan Reis Graphic Ink book?

Spectacular Member TheYoungWolf's Avatar

has anyone read futures end or picked up the omnibus? i saw that it was 60% off on IST and was thinking about pulling the trigger on it. good blind buy?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post
    has anyone read futures end or picked up the omnibus? i saw that it was 60% off on IST and was thinking about pulling the trigger on it. good blind buy?

I've got it and read it. Don't pick it up as a blind buy. If you have read or are reading the Futures End series then sure, pick it up but it has no coherent plot of its own it just pure world building for the Futures End story.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    I've got it and read it. Don't pick it up as a blind buy. If you have read or are reading the Futures End series then sure, pick it up but it has no coherent plot of its own it just pure world building for the Futures End story.
    what else would i need to buy to understand it? i thought the omnibus collected all of the futures end stuff?
    Last edited by TheYoungWolf; 12-06-2015 at 12:33 PM.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post
    what else would i need to buy to understand it? i thought the omnibus collected all of the futures end stuff?
    It's the Futures End specials for each series.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    It's the Futures End specials for each series.
    aw so its not the actual futures end story? nvm i thought it was everything since its like 900+ pages lol.

Spectacular Member Cerd the nerd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Not bad in 18 months. I guess you mentioned Swamp Thing by Snyder. If you like ST you HAVE to read Moore's run.

Good luck with Starman, I was planning to get the series, but vol.3 costs around 100 quid in second market.
    So you will be pleased to hear that Starman vol. 3 is (finally) getting a TPB reprint in July 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Not bad in 18 months. I guess you mentioned Swamp Thing by Snyder. If you like ST you HAVE to read Moore's run.

Good luck with Starman, I was planning to get the series, but vol.3 costs around 100 quid in second market.
    might be worth me selling the series then, it was good but not £100 for vol 3 good

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    might be worth me selling the series then, it was good but not £100 for vol 3 good
    the whole series went for like £180-190 last week on ebay but somebody put up a set for £120 (still cursing myself not jumping on it) I don't think the actual selling price for vol3 is £100.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerd the nerd View Post
    So you will be pleased to hear that Starman vol. 3 is (finally) getting a TPB reprint in July 2016.
    With apologies in advance for being a downer, we're assuming it doesn't get cancelled again before publication.

Just mentioned this in the good deals thread but I would like some advice here as well since this is the official topic:
    How are the stories in the Golden Age DC omnis and in the Neal Adams Batman omni?
    The art is not my cuppa in either of them but if the stories are fun I'm interested. I'm reading adventure strips from around that time period and liking them but based on what I've seen so far the GA DC books are not up to standard with those. What's up with the stories in the Adams book? Silver age crazyness and dense writing?

What would you recommend me to get : an Absolute All Star Superman (haven't read) or Absolute Batman Hush or Absolute Batman Dark Victory?

I already have an absolute edition of the long halloween, court of owls and dark knight. I've hear nice stories about all star superman, but I'm more Batman fan so perhaps Hush or Dark Victory is better option?

What is the better buy?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Just mentioned this in the good deals thread but I would like some advice here as well since this is the official topic:
    How are the stories in the Golden Age DC omnis and in the Neal Adams Batman omni?
    The art is not my cuppa in either of them but if the stories are fun I'm interested. I'm reading adventure strips from around that time period and liking them but based on what I've seen so far the GA DC books are not up to standard with those. What's up with the stories in the Adams book? Silver age crazyness and dense writing?
    I think anyone would enjoy GA Superman there's a reason he was so popular. Batman by Neal Adams...it makes me so mad they let him mess up the art. I know this is a me problem, but as much as I love his real work I just can't buy this redrawn stuff

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Story-wise I'd personally rank them: ASS, Hush and DV but I think most people here would switch Hush and DV. Art-wose (again, very personal) I'd rank them Hush, DV and ASS but DV and ASS are very close. So it depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking for an emotional epic starring Supes then you need ASS in your life, if you're looking for a not very tightly plotted mystery story with great art and action get Hush and if you're a big Long Halloween fan, get DV.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47