View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 507 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 74074574975035045055065075085095105115175576071007 ... LastLast
Results 7,591 to 7,605 of 21671

Quote Originally Posted by ddak View Post
    What would you recommend me to get : an Absolute All Star Superman (haven't read) or Absolute Batman Hush or Absolute Batman Dark Victory?

I already have an absolute edition of the long halloween, court of owls and dark knight. I've hear nice stories about all star superman, but I'm more Batman fan so perhaps Hush or Dark Victory is better option?

What is the better buy?

Thanks
    I think everyone is going to give you a different answer. The Morrison people will say All-Star, etc. etc.
    Personally, I'd go with Hush. Beautiful art that featured Jim Lee's return to the medium (he took it serious, too!); and Loeb wrote to his style, digging out all the toys.
    The reality is that you can't go wrong with any of the three, but if you're a Batman guy, just hold off on the All Star.

What would you recommend me to get : an Absolute All Star Superman (haven't read) or Absolute Batman Hush or Absolute Batman Dark Victory?

I already have an absolute edition of the long halloween, court of owls and dark knight. I've hear nice stories about all star superman, but I'm more Batman fan so perhaps Hush or Dark Victory is better option?

What is the better buy?

Thanks

For me it would be between All Star Superman and Batman Hush. I'm more Superman fan so I'd get All Star If I liked Batman more I'd get Hush. Jim Lee really does draw a great Batman.

Thank you people, it will be then HUSH, then next year ( ) first thing it will be Superman.

Mighty Member

Thank you people, it will be then HUSH, then next year ( ) first thing it will be Superman.
    All star superman stock has been running low....It's not at ist and amazon only has a few copies the last time I looked, while the other two are readily available. Maybe this plays into your decision.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    All star superman stock has been running low....It's not at ist and amazon only has a few copies the last time I looked, while the other two are readily available. Maybe this plays into your decision.
    yeah, I would say go for ASS first then Hush but I think DV is a better story I was never a Hush fan. Personally I think Hush is better for a new reader, it has that WOW factor with the art and lotsa villains and it has a serious tone while the art in DV could be a bit off putting for some (Jim Lee's art is a winner for 99% of the readers....I'm the 1% annoying hipster).
    ASS is silver age type epic Superman adventure but told in a modern stlye, it's a very comicbooky story. Most fans agree it's one of the best if not the best Superman story but it's not in the same category with the best batman stories. It's bright, colourful, not much posing (which is not necessarily a bad thing) and the story is very out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I think anyone would enjoy GA Superman there's a reason he was so popular. Batman by Neal Adams...it makes me so mad they let him mess up the art. I know this is a me problem, but as much as I love his real work I just can't buy this redrawn stuff
    Cheers, I was always interested in the Superman book, people here seem to really like it. Any opinions on the GA Batman omni yet?
    I'm aware with the art changes in the Adams omni and it's a completely understandable problem but I'm not really a fan of his art style so it doesn't really bother me (probably). From older Bat material I really liked Batman and the outsiders, could somebody compare the Adams stories to that?
    Also, is this book gonna be disjointed, excluding stories not drawn by Adams, even if they are parts of multi parters?

Amazing Member

Is there a DC version on hachette to see what's coming out?

Quote Originally Posted by arsenalherd View Post
    Is there a DC version on hachette to see what's coming out?
    http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.co...d=1&savecook=1

This is interesting

http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.co...sku=140126381X

Roots of Swamp Thing Vol. 2. I'm guessing this picks up the stuff after Len Wein and Bernie Wrightston. Not sure if it's ever been collected. I picked up the floppies years and years ago to check it out. A little hokey but I might get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Cheers, I was always interested in the Superman book, people here seem to really like it. Any opinions on the GA Batman omni yet?
    I'm aware with the art changes in the Adams omni and it's a completely understandable problem but I'm not really a fan of his art style so it doesn't really bother me (probably). From older Bat material I really liked Batman and the outsiders, could somebody compare the Adams stories to that?
    Also, is this book gonna be disjointed, excluding stories not drawn by Adams, even if they are parts of multi parters?
    It's been awhile since I read the Batman stories in the omnibus but I do enjoy looking at how it started and how fast it changed. Not just the name Bat-Man, or the purple gloves but carrying a gun, his relationships with women and his use of rope, to having a little kid for a sidekick.

Superman fought for the little guy busting up things like gambling rackets, child labor, munitions dealers promoting war, corrupt business owners ignoring saftey regs to save money, racketeering ect...Batman was much faster to get comic book villains like the Joker and Catwoman and become more like the batman comic books of today.

Not that all these omnibus exist yet but if I was to rate Golden age comics it would go something like
    Wonder Woman
    Plastic Man
    Superman
    Captain Marvel
    Batman
    Hawkman
    with marvel heroes lagging very far behind. (Wonder Woman and Plastic MAn are very close and Superman is not far behind them)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    It's been awhile since I read the Batman stories in the omnibus but I do enjoy looking at how it started and how fast it changed. Not just the name Bat-Man, or the purple gloves but carrying a gun, his relationships with women and his use of rope, to having a little kid for a sidekick.

Superman fought for the little guy busting up things like gambling rackets, child labor, munitions dealers promoting war, corrupt business owners ignoring saftey regs to save money, racketeering ect...Batman was much faster to get comic book villains like the Joker and Catwoman and become more like the batman comic books of today.

Not that all these omnibus exist yet but if I was to rate Golden age comics it would go something like
    Wonder Woman
    Plastic Man
    Superman
    Captain Marvel
    Batman
    Hawkman
    with marvel heroes lagging very far behind. (Wonder Woman and Plastic MAn are very close and Superman is not far behind them)
    thank you! I would buy a GA WW omni first day, really interested in it. Plastic Man was always one of my most hated characters along with Firestorm and Deadpool but a Captain MArvel omni would be great, heard great things about it.

Fantastic Member

Since the Golden Age omnis are doing well enough that we're getting a World's Finest and 2nd volumes of Batman and Superman, what do you think the odds of getting GA Wonder Woman?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Liven View Post
    Since the Golden Age omnis are doing well enough that we're getting a World's Finest and 2nd volumes of Batman and Superman, what do you think the odds of getting GA Wonder Woman?
    With the Perez vol. 1 having sold well enough to solicit vol.2 & a solo movie forthcoming...I'd say the odds get better and better every month.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Liven View Post
    Fairly good. Though I'd much rather have Azzarello or Perez vol 2.
    Cyclops was right

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Super excited for Superman & Justice League America vol. 2, even though it's not quite an appropriate title; Supes only appears in 2 issues, one of which he's a corpse.

But I never thought this material would see a collection, so I won't complain!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES