View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 51 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455611011515511051 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    The Animal Man trades have gotten larger with each volume. They did the same when they put out Ennis's Hitman as well, with the last three being pretty big. There's also the recent Power Girl trade, Ostrander's Martian Manhunter and The Spectre both had at least 10 issues, and the first volume of a larger Nightwing series is later this year too.
    I really like the new thick DC TPB format - I've been collecting those Lucifer trades, and they're actually pretty nice, this is probably the only one I'd have liked in Deluxe though... The JLA Book 5 TPB just came out, the Mark Waid/Bryan Hitch run, and Book 6 is solicited, and looks like the whole 125 issues may be collected this way. 100 Bullets and Y have been solitited for this format too. I'm gonna start getting the Animal Man ones too, as soon as Dillon's run is done.

Question - anyone own the new Ex Machina TPBs in this format? does it have a Wildstorm or DC logo on the spine?

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I have nothing against the supernatural horror elements, but I've only read the more realistic version of Hex, which I really liked, but I usually like the Vertigo books, and a little sex talk and cursing suits the character perfectly for me.
    Definitely will keep an eye on this, thanks.
    If you love Jonah and the Palmiotti-Gray take on him check out the newly released Showcase Vol 2. It's great bronze age Western action.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by momaw View Post
    I'm not cancelling just yet. DC still has time to fix it and they have shown a willingness to do so in the past.
    Oh, I'll hold out until we know for sure. Plenty of time. But I'm prepared for them not to budge, since my impression has been that this would mean bigger change than say, the excluded JSA issues.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    If you love Jonah and the Palmiotti-Gray take on him check out the newly released Showcase Vol 2. It's great bronze age Western action.
    thanks, it's in my wishlist but I'm a bit burned out with bronze age stuff (but I can imagine that Hex is a more satisfying read than the Web of Spider-man that I currently read).

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

So how long is it going to take DC to Absolute/Omni/Deluxe the standout N52 titles like Morrison Superman, Snyder Batman, Azzarello Wonder Woman, Aquaman, JL (I'd argue Tomasi's B&R deserves the treatment too)? We're already seeing the N52 Batman Inc collected in an Absolute and Johns' N52 GL stuff will presumably be collected in a subsequent GL omni, but what about the stuff with less explicit ties to pre-N52?
    Last edited by The_Dark_Knight; 06-07-2014 at 05:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    So how long is it going to take DC to Absolute/Omni/Deluxe the standout N52 titles like Morrison Superman, Snyder Batman, Azzarello Wonder Woman, Aquaman, JL (I'd argue Tomasi's B&R deserves the treatment too)? We're already seeing the N52 Batman Inc collected in an Absolute and Johns' N52 GL stuff will presumably be collected in a subsequent GL omni, but what about the stuff with less explicit ties to pre-N52?
    when there's enough material/when the initial hardcover and trade paperback collections sell through enough

Quote Originally Posted by g7x2000 View Post
    I really like the new thick DC TPB format - I've been collecting those Lucifer trades, and they're actually pretty nice, this is probably the only one I'd have liked in Deluxe though... The JLA Book 5 TPB just came out, the Mark Waid/Bryan Hitch run, and Book 6 is solicited, and looks like the whole 125 issues may be collected this way. 100 Bullets and Y have been solitited for this format too. I'm gonna start getting the Animal Man ones too, as soon as Dillon's run is done.
    Too bad JLA vol. 5 leaves stuff out

Spectacular Member Commissioner Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Too bad JLA vol. 5 leaves stuff out
    What does it leave out?

Mighty Member

Question - anyone own the new Ex Machina TPBs in this format? does it have a Wildstorm or DC logo on the spine?[/QUOTE]

They actually have the Vertigo imprint on them.

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Commissioner Gordon View Post
    What does it leave out?
    I looked this up, it seems there's a six-issue gap between the recent v.4 TPB and the upcoming v.5. Still, DC's solicits are often incorrect.

If they are doing a Preacher TV show, they will likely do a Preacher omnibus right? Yes this is a speculative post, but we are all thinking this right? As if it didnt have merit enough to get the treatment already

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by abilashsaliba View Post
    If they are doing a Preacher TV show, they will likely do a Preacher omnibus right? Yes this is a speculative post, but we are all thinking this right? As if it didnt have merit enough to get the treatment already
    You'd have to think it would be coming out in some OHC format anyway lol

Spectacular Member Commissioner Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Valentino View Post
    I looked this up, it seems there's a six-issue gap between the recent v.4 TPB and the upcoming v.5. Still, DC's solicits are often incorrect.
    I think the info everyone has been looking at for Vol. 4 has been incorrect. Amazon shows it collecting 36-41 when it actually collects 32-46. So if Vol. 5 does collect 47-60 and Heaven's Ladder, it will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by abilashsaliba View Post
    With DC you never know, there has not been a Green Arrow OHC(Kevin Smith one has been delayed) and the Arrow TV show has been hugely successful/popular for two seasons. If it was Marvel I would say likely.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    With DC you never know, there has not been a Green Arrow OHC(Kevin Smith one has been delayed) and the Arrow TV show has been hugely successful/popular for two seasons. If it was Marvel I would say likely.
    And no word on a Gotham Central omnibus yet and that show is only a few months from actually airing and even shares the exact same name as the comic. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but DC usually takes the cross media opportunity to release tpbs rather then expensive hard covers.