View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 515 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 154154655055115125135145155165175185195255656151015 ... LastLast
Results 7,711 to 7,725 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    ^Did you have any title pages done? Or just use the ones from the trades? They look great.
    Yes Dick Grayson did great work. The TOCs he put up look like the ones that are in the book. We also, left the original ones in from the tpbs

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    One of our regular posters - Dick Grayson - who has quite a collection of professionally bound series (which he does his own design) did a set of Hellblazer books for me. They were the first 8 tpbs, which collect issues # 1-83 and some one-shots, etc. Here are some pics. I'm very impressed and the pictures in fact don't do them justice. I'll also put up some of the pics he sent when I got some time or if he's reading this and he has them on hand, I don't mind if he puts them up. Again, if you're tempted to make the jump, it's worth doing. Now, because I had this done (and when the new Jenkins tpb comes out in January, I'll make a volume 5), I'm gonna be way upset if DC ever collects these in an omnibus.

Here ya go:

Attachment 30185

Attachment 30186

Attachment 30187
    This definitely looks better than the shitty TPBs DC is putting out!

Those custom bound books look amazing. I'll definitely look into doing something like that as well!

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserName12 View Post
    Those custom bound books look amazing. I'll definitely look into doing something like that as well!
    If you have any binding questions, feel free to PM me, or email comicbindingpro@gmail.com - I'm always happy to help And you might check out the binding thread if you haven't already:

http://community.comicbookresources....c-Book-Binding

Spectacular Member

Guys, I bought a really weird thing. I found a listing on Amazon for Showcase Presents: The War That Time Forgot. This was not the "main" listing for this book (sometimes duplicates exist), and this one was listed as "library binding." It was $3 + shipping for a "new" copy, so I took a chance, thinking, "There are no hardcover Showcase books... clearly this is the normal paperback, mislabeled." Well, it arrived today, and in fact, it is a Paw Prints library binding as described here: http://www.btol.com/promo_details.cfm?id=267. We get books like this for the school library where I teach, and the quality is excellent. So I now have a new-condition hardcover Showcase volume that is more durable and easier to hold and read than the original binding, and I paid $7 for it (you can still find it for even cheaper than what I paid). Dang, I wish I could get some of my better Showcase volumes bound this way... I searched Amazon for "showcase library binding" and found some other results. Why do these books exist? Has anyone else purchased one of these?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    Guys, I bought a really weird thing. I found a listing on Amazon for Showcase Presents: The War That Time Forgot. This was not the "main" listing for this book (sometimes duplicates exist), and this one was listed as "library binding." It was $3 + shipping for a "new" copy, so I took a chance, thinking, "There are no hardcover Showcase books... clearly this is the normal paperback, mislabeled." Well, it arrived today, and in fact, it is a Paw Prints library binding as described here: http://www.btol.com/promo_details.cfm?id=267. We get books like this for the school library where I teach, and the quality is excellent. So I now have a new-condition hardcover Showcase volume that is more durable and easier to hold and read than the original binding, and I paid $7 for it (you can still find it for even cheaper than what I paid). Dang, I wish I could get some of my better Showcase volumes bound this way... I searched Amazon for "showcase library binding" and found some other results. Why do these books exist? Has anyone else purchased one of these?
    You answered your own question already. They're generally intended for libraries to buy, as the the special HC binding will hold up better over time than the paperback binding. Often the Library Bindings are done by a 3rd party, not the publisher, so they don't look as nice as the book in it's original format. Sometimes they just have plain covers, no dust jackets, etc. There are a lot of comic books on Amazon that are available in Library Binding.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    Pics! Pics! Pics!
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    You answered your own question already. They're generally intended for libraries to buy, as the the special HC binding will hold up better over time than the paperback binding. Often the Library Bindings are done by a 3rd party, not the publisher, so they don't look as nice as the book in it's original format. Sometimes they just have plain covers, no dust jackets, etc. There are a lot of comic books on Amazon that are available in Library Binding.
    True, I just thought it was strange for there to be a bunch of new, unmarked "library" editions for sale on Amazon. At school our binder only binds what we order and also puts our library stickers on the books.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

If anyone wants Sandman omnibus 1 better be quick, the prices are rising! It's reasonable on CGN though, but that might change soon
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    If anyone wants Sandman omnibus 1 better be quick, the prices are rising! It's reasonable on CGN though, but that might change soon
    Are deluxe editions planned? Because, being Sandman, I can't help but feel that this would be a short-lived oop status.

Spectacular Member Gerald Keefer's Avatar

Holy shit those Hellblazers look amazing! I literally want to order those tpbs RIGHT NOW and beg Mr Grayson to do me the same thing. Been wanting some JC in hc for years now and even if DC does an omnibus it won't look nearly as good!

Incredible Member

Indigo has shipped my copy of the Green Arrow by Jeff Lemire deluxe!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Keefer View Post
    Holy shit those Hellblazers look amazing! I literally want to order those tpbs RIGHT NOW and beg Mr Grayson to do me the same thing. Been wanting some JC in hc for years now and even if DC does an omnibus it won't look nearly as good!
    Thanks. I've convinced myself that DC will not publish omnibus collections of this run. Heck, I wonder if they'll even finish the series in tpb. In January, they'll wrap up Jenkins and except for a few stragglers here and there (like Aaron's two-issue run), the rest of the series is collected in the old tpbs.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Thanks. I've convinced myself that DC will not publish omnibus collections of this run. Heck, I wonder if they'll even finish the series in tpb. In January, they'll wrap up Jenkins and except for a few stragglers here and there (like Aaron's two-issue run), the rest of the series is collected in the old tpbs.
    true, but some of them are oop. i guess they'll continue the line as long as it is somehow profitable (anyone has numbers on it?).

Kid Eternity deluxe arrived today, pretty standard DC deluxe, dj is nicer than usually. The art is not what I expected from Fegredo, looks like Arkham Asylum a bit, but that's not a bad thing.