View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 52 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556621021525521052 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Commissioner Gordon View Post
    I think the info everyone has been looking at for Vol. 4 has been incorrect. Amazon shows it collecting 36-41 when it actually collects 32-46. So if Vol. 5 does collect 47-60 and Heaven's Ladder, it will be fine.
    except it doesn't collect the tower of babel epilogue and one other issue the old tpb's did.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    And no word on a Gotham Central omnibus yet and that show is only a few months from actually airing and even shares the exact same name as the comic. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but DC usually takes the cross media opportunity to release tpbs rather then expensive hard covers.
    Actually, it's just called Gotham.

Does DC have a strategy with the release of their collected editions similar to Marvel's? For instance, Marvel (loosely) releases omniboo with the premier of their movies. Or does DC just publish books because they feel like it?

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserName12 View Post
    Does DC have a strategy with the release of their collected editions similar to Marvel's? For instance, Marvel (loosely) releases omniboo with the premier of their movies. Or does DC just publish books because they feel like it?
    There's a dartboard.

When the last Batman movie came out they released the cheap, chunky NML and Knightfall trades, I think those sell better than the hardcovers. If they want the people who watch the movies/tv shows to buy their books, they have to put out trades that offer most content for the lowest possible price.

DC seems to do Anniversary stuff quite well, but not much of a track record like Marvels of tying releases to movies, especially oversized books.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserName12 View Post
    DC tends to target the mass-market with trade paperbacks, instead of the premium market with omnibuses, etc, when TV shows or films are being released. Green Lantern saw them push the Geoff Johns trades, Batman saw re-issues of Knightfall, Man of Steel gave us new paperbacks of For Tomorrow, Son of Kyrpton, and Earth One. Gotham will see a new trade collecting the Gordon of Gotham minis. There's the occasional exception (Batman Year One Deluxe in the same year as DK Rises), but for the most part, it's paperback editions they focus on, not big oversized hardcovers.

I'm really not sure what the pattern for Deluxe Editions or Omnibuses is. Vertigo seems to be operating on a 1-series-per-year (ish) principle with deluxe Editions, but beyond there I can't see any discernible pattern. Except for the focus on Johns and Morrison of course

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    There's the occasional exception (Batman Year One Deluxe in the same year as DK Rises), but for the most part, it's paperback editions they focus on, not big oversized hardcovers.
    2012 was the 25th anniversary of Year one, so I think that's why it was released in deluxe format that year, coincidentaly when TDKR came out.

I post this here because the latest discussion about speedyhen was here. Just checked speedyhen on Amazon UK marketplace (I've put some stuff to my basket) and they don't want to ship anything to Hungary.
    Had anybody else outside the UK have the same problem?
    Last edited by Balakin; 06-10-2014 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I post this here because the latest discussion about speedyhen was here. Just checked speedyhen on Amazon UK marketplace (I've put some stuff to my basket) and they don't want to ship anything to Hungary.
    Had anybody else outside the UK have the same problem?
    Sometimes have that too. But they also sell through play.com and amazon.de

Quote Originally Posted by momaw View Post
    There's a dartboard.
    we need a like button in this forum!
    Reading: Batman by Morrison, Death note, Inhumans, Sleeper
    The plural of Omnibus is Omniboo

Amazing Member

Hello:

Does anyone have an updated list of the contents of the new (corrected) edition of "Bruce Wayne: Fugitive?" I think the corrected edition was released in May. Anyone who bought it care to share how it turned out?

thanks

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge602 View Post
    Hello:

Does anyone have an updated list of the contents of the new (corrected) edition of "Bruce Wayne: Fugitive?" I think the corrected edition was released in May. Anyone who bought it care to share how it turned out?

thanks
    Do you mean "Bruce Wayne: Murderer?"?? That's the one that was released with some missing issues, and recently reprinted. The only additions were a couple issues of the Batman title. I'm not at home so I can't look at my copy to confirm exact issue numbers, sorry...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge602 View Post
    Hello:

thanks
    The only updates in BW-MURDERER are the 2 missing issues: Gotham Knights #29 and Detective Comics #768
    If you look a few pages back on this thread you can find some opinions about the book.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    DC seems to do Anniversary stuff quite well, but not much of a track record like Marvels of tying releases to movies, especially oversized books.

In DC's defense, though, there haven't been that many movies released since the omnibus came about have there? Marvel has been spitting out at least one new movie a year (it seems) since Iron Man.