View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 522 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 224224725125185195205215225235245255265325726221022 ... LastLast
Results 7,816 to 7,830 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    On Doom Patrol, I heard it was one of Morrison's best self-contained runs like Animal man(which I'm totally getting one day). Is this true?
    IMHO Animal man is more accessible, both the story and the physical book itself Except the art, because that sucks in AM.
    Also, DON'T look up anything about it. NOTHING! Seriously. Basically the first thing everybody mentions about AM is the twist at the end, because it's a 30 year old run and they think everybody knows the end already. It's much, much more interesting if you don't know what the whole thing is about.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

My final meagre DC haul of 2015:

As you may notice, the edges are ever so slightly worn on the Taschen book (the outer casing/box moreso). This doesn't really bother me so much as I literally picked this book up for peanuts (less than £14).

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    On Doom Patrol, I heard it was one of Morrison's best self-contained runs like Animal man(which I'm totally getting one day). Is this true?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    Prior to the recent stuff, I believe Johns did (in order):

Last Son
    Escape from Bizarro World
    Legion of Superheroes
    Brainiac
    First couple issues of New Krypton
    Secret Origin
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    There were two; a short Superman run in 2002 (Man of Steel 121, Superman 180, 184-187, 189) and then the one you're referring to was around 30 issues, mostly in Action Comics, starting with Up Up and Away (with Kurt Busiek) in Action 837 and Last Son (with Donner) up to the first chunk of the the New Krypton material, plus the Secret Origins mini and Legion of Three Worlds. I actually bound that run (and all of New Krypton), with the below map. Volumes 1-2 are all Johns, volume 3 has the pre-New Krypton James Robinson material and some Supergirl in addition to Johns', and there's no Johns material in 4-5 but his run ends with the first phase of New Krypton.

You can also check comicbookdb and view Johns' work in chronological order and check that way: http://comicbookdb.com/creator_chron.php?ID=102
    Thanks for the replies (I think someone else also chimed in as well.) Based on the map Dick Grayson provided it's not s surprise it hasn't been collected in an omnibus when most of his other stuff has. It looks like a lot of loose ends weren't wrapped up when he was writing. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    It's my favorite of his work. The last issue, in particular, is fantastic.
    Man, you are not kidding. That last issue was a great way to sum up the run. They should have ended it there and never let Rachel Pollock come one board.

Apologies if someone already mentioned this, but I received the new Ennis/McCrea Demon TPB today and not only is the design a lot of fun, but it also even has a real rarity for DC archival releases: a brand new introductory essay. Fingers crossed this is the start of a new trend, as I always like when there are essays and such included.

On the downside, like the Perez Wonder Woman omni advertising the New Teen Titans omnis, it continues the trend of advertising out of print books in the back, in this case advertising the Hitman trades, of which at least the first two volumes are OOP.

Some pics:

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post

As you may notice, the edges are ever so slightly worn on the Taschen book (the outer casing/box moreso). This doesn't really bother me so much as I literally picked this book up for peanuts (less than £14).
    Where from and do they have another?

I NEED that book in my life
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

I got mine in as well. I'll probably hit you up for binding this one and the one that comes out in August along with the Matt Wagner one. Use Wagner's as the lead in. One thing I noticed is that Ennis also did the zero issue but the solicits don't show that one getting collected.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I got mine in as well. I'll probably hit you up for binding this one and the one that comes out in August along with the Matt Wagner one. Use Wagner's as the lead in. One thing I noticed is that Ennis also did the zero issue but the solicits don't show that one getting collected.
    Awesome! And as for the zero issue, I wouldn't trust what's been advertised so far, as the contents shown on Amazon or the Edelweiss catalog never seem right compared to the eventual solicits (and even those aren't always accurate.) Most of these trades have done a pretty good job of getting the contents right lately, so I'm hopeful the zero issue makes it in. Plus the temp cover for the second volume on Amazon is the zero issue, so it'd be especially silly if they missed it!
    http://smile.amazon.com/Demon-Longes...ds=demon+ennis
    Last edited by Dick Grayson; 01-02-2016 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Where from and do they have another?

I NEED that book in my life
    Fatbrain Books on the amazon.co.uk marketplace. They only had one copy at the time.

Awesome! And as for the zero issue, I wouldn't trust what's been advertised so far, as the contents shown on Amazon or the Edelweiss catalog never seem right compared to the eventual solicits (and even those aren't always accurate.) Most of these trades have done a pretty good job of getting the contents right lately, so I'm hopeful the zero issue makes it in. Plus the temp cover for the second volume on Amazon is the zero issue, so it'd be especially silly if they missed it!
    http://smile.amazon.com/Demon-Longes...ds=demon+ennis
    Ah, you're right. Plus, even if it is left out, It's not that expensive to get, so that's cool. I actually read the entire series years and years ago, and, truth be told, thought the non-Ennis stuff was above average at best. I believe Grant wrote a lot of it, and he can be hot or cold.

I'll you, though, I'd really like a Demon Knights omnibus from the New 52. That was a really cool series.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Ah, you're right. Plus, even if it is left out, It's not that expensive to get, so that's cool. I actually read the entire series years and years ago, and, truth be told, thought the non-Ennis stuff was above average at best. I believe Grant wrote a lot of it, and he can be hot or cold.

I'll you, though, I'd really like a Demon Knights omnibus from the New 52. That was a really cool series.
    Demon Knights was excellent and the length is pretty perfect for one of the OHC they've been doing with the New 52 series. But since no huge names (meaning Johns, Snyder, Morrison, or Lemire) were involved, I'm not too hopeful for one anytime soon.

Mighty Member

Demon Knights was excellent and the length is pretty perfect for one of the OHC they've been doing with the New 52 series. But since no huge names (meaning Johns, Snyder, Morrison, or Lemire) were involved, I'm not too hopeful for one anytime soon.
    IDK, if Dial H got one I'd say anything is game lol

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    IDK, if Dial H got one I'd say anything is game lol
    Yeah, but that was basically a Vertigo title without the Vertigo branding, right down to it being edited by Karen Berger and having Bolland covers, so I figure that's why it got the deluxe treatment. But you could be right!

Agreed. Nor am I.
    I also enjoyed Justice League Dark up until a point. That would be another one. It's too bad, really, that all the cool non-bats related new 52 didn't last. There was some good stuff other than John Constantine lite which I didn't enjoy.