View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 526 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 264264765165225235245255265275285295305365766261026 ... LastLast
Results 7,876 to 7,890 of 21673

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Dang only 5? Highly doubt many of us will be getting it then. I know I wont be, made my order last night. HIGHLY dissapointing, really wanted this one
    I placed my order yesterday morning (7:30am pacific time). I just checked, it's still not picked/scanned...this is probably my favorite Superman story of all-time, so I'm really hoping to luck out on it. I should have purchased it a long time ago, but I was out of comic buying/collecting & frankly didn't even know it existed until recently.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    I've been charged over a book that was out of stock. It was only 8 bucks, and they eventually refunded it, but considering it was my first order with them, I got pretty mad. Otherwise, their great.
    I'm glad to hear there aren't difficulties with a refund (although if it comes to that, I'll just end up spending it there anyway!). I REALLY hope this goes through.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Just got an email from IST about the Death/return omnibus. Good news. They said the orders SHOULD be fine, they have been getting in more copies over the last few weeks and their supplier(diamond) has more copies available.

Just got an email from IST about the Death/return omnibus. Good news. They said the orders SHOULD be fine, they have been getting in more copies over the last few weeks and their supplier(diamond) has more copies available.
    This is the best news I've heard all week! Thank you for posting. I emailed them a few hours ago as well, but hadn't heard back yet.

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    This is the best news I've heard all week! Thank you for posting. I emailed them a few hours ago as well, but hadn't heard back yet.
    I know!! I was so worried I wasnt going to get a copy. Let us know what they tell you

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    I've been thinking of using the B&N 3-for-2 sale to get some of those DC 75 Year books.

Anyone who's read through a number of them have any opinions on which are great?
    I have them all, and they are all very similar regarding content and quality. They show the hero or villain in question through the ages, picking single issues or stories from different eras. Mostly they have picked issues which are notable for some reason, like first appearances of important characters or major turning points. But you shouldn't expect a coherent reading experience, I would only recommend it, if you are interested in the history of a character, rather than in the stories.
    If you are a Batman fan, pick Batman, Joker, Robin and Catwoman and if you are a Superman fan, pick Superman, Lois Lane and Lex Luther a.s.o.
    The only exception is The Spirit book, which is 95% stories from the early days but only very few from later years.
    Last edited by Pertl; 01-07-2016 at 01:24 PM.

Incredible Member

Batman and Robin: Reborn vs Batman Inc

Curious which series everyone prefers, be it story, art, Absolute edition, or whether you just find them plain inseparable.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Batman and Robin: Reborn vs Batman Inc

Curious which series everyone prefers, be it story, art, Absolute edition, or whether you just find them plain inseparable.
    Well, you should read both along with the rest of Morrison's Batman cuz it's awesome. But Batman and Robin: Reborn is definitely the high point of the run with a cool dynamic between Dick and Damian and interesting ideas. Plus, Quitely draws some of it. It also comes first chronologically so you should order it first anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Nateallen30 View Post
    Well, you should read both along with the rest of Morrison's Batman cuz it's awesome. But Batman and Robin: Reborn is definitely the high point of the run with a cool dynamic between Dick and Damian and interesting ideas. Plus, Quitely draws some of it. It also comes first chronologically so you should order it first anyways.
    Completely agreed. The whole run is worth reading, but if I have to choose between B&R and Inc, B&R wins by a landslide. I'm a bit biased because Dick Grayson is my favorite character, but that story is just so great and genuinely felt like it brought something new to the mythos (even though yes, Dick had been Batman in Prodigal, the dynamic of Dick and Damian combined with the Lynch-ian creepiness felt very different.)

Format wise, I love the Absolutes, as Quitely art in particular at that size is excellent. And for Inc, Absolute is the only way to get the Burnham redrawn material which is essential in my opinion.

I know!! I was so worried I wasnt going to get a copy. Let us know what they tell you
    I'll post an update if they ever decide to get back to me! :P

Incredible Member

My copy of Absolute Green Arrow/Green Latern just arrived.

I was a little bit tentative, and almost tempted to cancel my preorder after the earlier complaints from the marvel masterworks forums. But considering noone over there actually supplied any pictures to back up their complaints I decided to wait it out and see the finished product with my own eyes and I can't expess how happy it makes me that I did just that. This book is absolutely (pun intended) gorgeous. It's very late right now but at the weekend I will post a whole gallery of pictures including comparisons with by 2000 slipcase and paperbacks.

This is the third copy of this book I own (the other two being the 2000 slipcase edition and the 2 volume paperback edition from the same time), they all seem come from the same source so I can't compare old vs new colouring jobs, but I've seen the damage that a bad neal adams recolouring can do (I own the 2001 slipcased deadman collection), and this is not even anywhere close to being as damaging as any of that. This is without a doubt the best version available of what is not only one of the greatest comics ever published but also one of the most important comics ever published and if you don't have a copy of this run on your shelf then you really need to fix that.

It was mentioned a few times in this thread a long while back, so I asked Dan Jurgens and he replied (if anyone was still interested):

image.jpg

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    My copy of Absolute Green Arrow/Green Latern just arrived.

I was a little bit tentative, and almost tempted to cancel my preorder after the earlier complaints from the marvel masterworks forums. But considering noone over there actually supplied any pictures to back up their complaints I decided to wait it out and see the finished product with my own eyes and I can't expess how happy it makes me that I did just that. This book is absolutely (pun intended) gorgeous. It's very late right now but at the weekend I will post a whole gallery of pictures including comparisons with by 2000 slipcase and paperbacks.

This is the third copy of this book I own (the other two being the 2000 slipcase edition and the 2 volume paperback edition from the same time), they all seem come from the same source so I can't compare old vs new colouring jobs, but I've seen the damage that a bad neal adams recolouring can do (I own the 2001 slipcased deadman collection), and this is not even anywhere close to being as damaging as any of that. This is without a doubt the best version available of what is not only one of the greatest comics ever published but also one of the most important comics ever published and if you don't have a copy of this run on your shelf then you really need to fix that.
    How does the Absolute compare to the 2000 proto-Absolute slipcase? More or less the same thing, right down to the size of the book?

All-New Member

A while ago someone posted a link that was a guide to collecting Morrison's batman run in HC. Is there a similar guide to collecting Snyder's batman run?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jabso View Post
    A while ago someone posted a link that was a guide to collecting Morrison's batman run in HC. Is there a similar guide to collecting Snyder's batman run?
    I'm not sure a guide is really necessary. It's pretty straight forward if you just look up Snyder's bibliography. Here is a guide none-the-less.

Pre-New 52:
    Batman: The Black Mirror HC
    Batman: Gates of Gotham TPB (Co-author)

New 52:
    Batman, Vol. 1: The Court of Owls HC
    Batman: Night of the Owls HC (Not strictly Snyder, supplements the event with tie-in issues from other titles)
    Batman, Vol. 2: The City of Owls HC
    Batman, Vol. 3: Death of the Family HC
    The Joker: Death of the Family HC (Not strictly Snyder, supplements the event with tie-in issues from other titles)
    Batman, Vol. 4: Zero Year - Secret City HC
    Batman, Vol. 5: Zero Year - Dark City HC
    DC Comics: Zero Year HC (Not strictly Snyder, supplements the event with tie-in issues from other titles)
    Batman, Vol. 6: The Graveyard Shift HC
    Batman Eternal, Vol. 1, 2 and 3 TPBs (The weekly series has a mix of writers including Snyder, and Snyder was the "showrunner" of the series)
    Batman, Vol. 7: Endgame HC
    The Joker: Endgame HC (Not strictly Snyder, supplements the event with tie-in issues from other titles)

In terms of Volume 7 and the The Joker: Endgame books, you can just get The Joker: Endgame because it collects everything in Volume 7 plus more.

There is also Absolute Batman: The Court of Owls which collects the first two New 52 Volumes main stories. There's also a Batman Unwrapped HC for the Court of Owls featuring Capullo's pencils for the issues in the first two New 52 volumes.

Snyder co-wrote the first volume of the New 52 series Talon with Tynion, available in TPB, which would take place after the New 52 Volume 2 trade. But Snyder isn't on the second TPB volume of Talon as it is more of Tynion's baby at that point.

DC You (so far):
    Batman, Vol. 8: Superheavy HC (February or March 2016)
    Batman and Robin Eternal (2 TPB volumes, first one out in February or March 2016; again, Snyder is the "showrunner" on this weekly series)

And that's basically it as far as Snyder's Batman run goes at this point. So you've got regular hardcovers, regular trade paperbacks, and then the one Absolute edition and the one oversized Unwrapped hardcover.
    Last edited by kodave; 01-08-2016 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Corrected what the Absolute edition collects

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    There is also Absolute Batman: The Court of Owls which collects the first two New 52 Volumes main stories, but not the back ups if I'm recalling correctly.
    'The Call' and 'The Fall of the House of Wayne' are both in the absolute.