View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 536 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 364364865265325335345355365375385395405465866361036 ... LastLast
Results 8,026 to 8,040 of 21674

Quote Originally Posted by Lake Nowhere View Post
    We haven't seen any new Morrison Absolutes in a while. I'm still hoping for Absolute Seven Soldiers, Action Comics, and Black Glove.

Speaking of Morrison, anyone here dislike Invisibles? I'm a Morrison nut but I could barely finish it. It's nearly incomprehensible by the end.
    I remember enjoying it as it was released many years ago, but after getting hold of the omni and re-reading it, I thought it was garbage.

I also think that Seven Soldiers screams out for an Absolute if not for the story the definitely for the art
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 01-21-2016 at 02:30 PM.

Default Absolute Batman/Superman

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Looking at picking up the superman/batman absolutes. How are the stories? Are they good enough to justify getting them in absolutes?
    I own both of these. I dug these stories (Warning! They do hearken back to some of the silly 60's stuff), the art is amazing (Michael Turner is the worst artist they got in the run) and were some of the last stories Loeb did that (IMO) were not poorly written.

We haven't seen any new Morrison Absolutes in a while. I'm still hoping for Absolute Seven Soldiers, Action Comics, and Black Glove.

Speaking of Morrison, anyone here dislike Invisibles? I'm a Morrison nut but I could barely finish it. It's nearly incomprehensible by the end.
    Man, I would love to see DC wrap up Morrison's Batman run in Absolute form. We're missing Batman and Son, Black Glove, RIP and The Return of Bruce Wayne. So that would break down to about two larger Absolutes.

Spectacular Member Lake Nowhere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Invisibles had some incredible moments, but like most of Morrison's work was in desperate need of an editor and someone to tell him "no." The final issue of vol. 3 also was incomprehensible.
    I have yet to crack open Doom Patrol, anyone have a review? Should I expect Invisibles-level weirdness?

Quote Originally Posted by brameosaurusrex View Post
    Man, I would love to see DC wrap up Morrison's Batman run in Absolute form. We're missing Batman and Son, Black Glove, RIP and The Return of Bruce Wayne. So that would break down to about two larger Absolutes.
    Ooh, I forgot about RIP. Too bad the reading order would be so weird between the early absolutes since Return of Bruce Wayne is happening simultaneously with Batman and Robin.

Invisibles was amazing, and not nearly as incomprehensible as some make it out to be. I read a few issues twice on my first read-through, though. I completely understand why people would dislike it, though.

I do think that Seven Soldiers should get an Absolute, like others here. Give us "Absolute Filth," as well!

I have yet to crack open Doom Patrol, anyone have a review? Should I expect Invisibles-level weirdness?
    It was one of the earliest DC/Vertigo runs Morrison did. It's out there, but much more "digestible" than Invisibles, Flex Mentallo, or Filth. Personally I don't care for it as much because I read it way after the rest of his work, but it's still great stuff. Particularly the "Beard Hunter" issue.
    Last edited by CP1234; 01-21-2016 at 03:17 PM.

It is weird and trippy, but I do believe it is an easier read then The Invisibles. Doom Patrol is amazing, do you have Flex Mentallo? He is introduced in Doom Patrol, but the 4 issue mini series Morrison and Quitely did is one of his best works. He considers Flex Mentallo, The Invisibles, and The Filth to be a weird trilogy so not sure how much you would enjoy Flex but it is very enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by CP1234 View Post
    Invisibles was amazing, and not nearly as incomprehensible as some make it out to be. I read a few issues twice on my first read-through, though. I completely understand why people would dislike it, though.

I do think that Seven Soldiers should get an Absolute, like others here. Give us "Absolute Filth," as well!

It was one of the earliest DC/Vertigo runs Morrison did. It's out there, but much more "digestible" than Invisibles, Flex Mentallo, or Filth. Personally I don't care for it as much because I read it way after the rest of his work, but it's still great stuff. Particularly the "Beard Hunter" issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    It is weird and trippy, but I do believe it is an easier read then The Invisibles. Doom Patrol is amazing, do you have Flex Mentallo? He is introduced in Doom Patrol, but the 4 issue mini series Morrison and Quitely did is one of his best works. He considers Flex Mentallo, The Invisibles, and The Filth to be a weird trilogy so not sure how much you would enjoy Flex but it is very enjoyable.

Cool, I love Flex Mentallo! But then again Frank Quitely illustrating makes everything a better read.

Quote Originally Posted by brameosaurusrex View Post
    Don't forget Time And the Batman too! I think the general consensus, and I'd agree here as well, would be to do one Absolute with Batman & Son through RIP, and another with Time... and ROBW. And if Quitely could finish off his Batman #700 story for it, all the better!

Amazing Member

I'd like further Morrison Batman Absolutes for consistency's sake, but I'm content with what material they chose for size upgrade. I don't have any desire to see oversized Tony Daniel or Andy Kubert art personally. I even skipped the Absolute Batman & Robin because Quitely's Graphic Ink reprinted his issues oversized.

Spectacular Member Cerd the nerd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Adding to my previous question, I have a dilemma: Wonder Woman archives (v4 possibly since that's the cheapest) or Wonder woman The War years hc?
    War years collects stories from 1941-45 and it's oversized and also 304 pages ans like 10 pounds but I never heard of the publisher and have no idea about the quality.
    Anybody has that book? Which one should I go for? Appreciate any recommendations.
    You should definitely NOT get the Wonder Woman Archives.

They are such nice books that if you get one you'll want to get them all... then have a minor heart attack when you discover that volume 6 is very rare and can't be had for less than £160 in the UK.

Azzarello's Wonder Woman should get Absoluted and a Batman year 1 to 3 would go down well

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Azzarello's Wonder Woman should get Absoluted and a Batman year 1 to 3 would go down well
    I want Absolute WW so bad. At least a couple of deluxe editions.
    Cyclops was right

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Batman Year Two is so bad though. Probably has decent art (it's been a while since I read it but it's Davis and McFarlane isn't it?) but I think it being in a book with Year One almost devalues the former.

Year Two is the one where the killer's victims are frequently reminded to FEAR...THE REAPER, right?

So next Batgirl book is softcover only?