View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 54 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758641041545541054 ... LastLast
    forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    That's some pretty nifty art. Could you do a few more interior pages? Never been disappointed with the vertigo deluxes I've bought so far, and as always, I've never heard of DMZ.
    DMZ is actually getting a spin-off tv serie soon so if you haven't read it yet this would be a good time!
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

DMZ goes downhill faster than any comic I've ever read. Buy at your own risk.
    Last edited by NZ_InFerno; 06-15-2014 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Don't insult creators

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    That's some pretty nifty art. Could you do a few more interior pages?
    Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    I'm aware of the former but I'm willing to give it a shot and see how long it holds my interest. As for the latter, well, I try as much as possible to divorce the views and actions of the person who creates something from the thing they create otherwise there's not a lot in this world I'd be able to enjoy.

I have my limits though. This band will no longer be played in my house and all of their albums and my tour shirt were trashed after what the lead singer did.

I've read DMZ from beginning to end and thought it was great. It definitely hits a lull near the second half, but after finishing the series I didn't have any regrets at all.

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    I got the jsa omni and 100 bullets 5 awhile back, and they both have this wet mark thing on certain pages, looks like someone put a big wet thumb print in the middle of the page. Anyone else seen this? Second time for me
    Yes- glad it wasn't just me. I'd ordered the JSA omni from IST and didn't notice until a few weeks after I got it and figured it wasn't worth trying to return, but found it bizarre.

Yes and no in my opinion. It starts off with a bang and then about mid way through it not only kind of blows, but it's super boring and then borderlines on the absurd. Then it picks right back up in the final stretch.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Sure

I'm aware of the former but I'm willing to give it a shot and see how long it holds my interest. As for the latter, well, I try as much as possible to divorce the views and actions of the person who creates something from the thing they create otherwise there's not a lot in this world I'd be able to enjoy.

I have my limits though. This band will no longer be played in my house and all of their albums and my tour shirt were trashed after what the lead singer did.
    Thanks a lot! And oh wow, didn't know about the lost prophets stuff, damn.

Also, very aware that DMZ is being turned into a show for Syfy, sad that 100 Bullets didn't get that treatment first lol

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Please forgive me if I am hopelessly out of the loop with this question, but why is Wonder Woman Archives Vol. 6 so rare & expensive?

I've seen some comments about it having a short print run, but not even Volume 1 is as costly or hard to find. I can only find a few copies of Vol. 6 for sale, let alone any for under $200.

Whatever the cause, was it systemic across all Archives from a certain period, or was this one a fluke? Should I buy Vol. 7 right now, just in case?
    Last edited by krisis; 06-16-2014 at 01:48 PM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Yes and no in my opinion. It starts off with a bang and then about mid way through it not only kind of blows, but it's super boring and then borderlines on the absurd. Then it picks right back up in the final stretch.
    Yeah I would agree with this though I've only read the first 4 or 5 trades. Has a really good concept, and a strong and interesting first fifteen or so issues then doesn't really go anywhere with it. I felt the same with Northlanders, first couple of trades were really great but it never got back to those heights. Though having different stories/characters every arc probably didn't help Northlanders.

Spectacular Member

Totally agree! And because of that, I never actually finished the series...

Does anyone know what is included in the Graphic Ink: Art of Frank Quitely book this week?

Apologies if this has already been covered in the thread, but I know some people wanted the Kelly Jones Batman books in a larger format. Well, coming up in this week's solicits:

BATMAN: KELLEY JONES GALLERY EDITION HC
    Written by DOUG MOENCH
    Art by KELLEY JONES, JOHN BEATTY and others
    Cover by KELLEY JONES
    Advance solicit • On sale NOVEMBER • 248 pg, FC • 12” x 17” • $125.00 US
    Graphitti Designs proudly launches their new, large-format hardcover book series with BATMAN: KELLEY JONES GALLERY EDITION. For the first time ever, Dark Knight fans and collectors will have the opportunity to see and own museum-quality reproductions of memorable Batman art...as it was originally conceived by the artist. Printed in color from high-resolution scans of the actual original art, this first entry in Graphitti Designs’ new Gallery Editions line replicates the look, feel and attitude of the artwork. Every page is reproduced at original size on heavy paper stock, capturing the artwork – stray pencil marks, whiteout, coffee stains and all! The pages are alive with all of the subtleties and nuances one would expect from investment-quality original comic art.
    BATMAN: KELLEY JONES GALLERY EDITION is the first in a series of deluxe, hardcover books from Graphitti Designs that faithfully reproduces the original art from select, key DC Comics series. This inaugural volume contains the covers and interior pages from BATMAN #515 through #525, minus the interior of issue #520, which Kelley did not draw. These stories are written by Doug Moench, with most pages inked by John Beatty.
    Graphitti Designs’ Gallery Editions reproduce the look, feel and attitude of the original art as it was originally created by the artist. Though it appears to be printed in black and white, the contents of these books are sourced from high-resolution, full color scans taken directly from the artwork. Each high-quality, Smythe-sewn hardcover book captures every detail of the art at actual-size, and are printed at 200 line-screen on a rich, heavy paper stock. Replicating the original art experience is our goal. Our Gallery Editions are the next best thing to holding the original art in your hands – and easier on the wallet, too!
    And the contents of the 2nd JSA Omnibus now include Annual #1 and Secret Files, but still no sign of the Hawkman crossover issues!!

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Apologies if this has already been covered in the thread, but I know some people wanted the Kelly Jones Batman books in a larger format. Well, coming up in this week's solicits:

And the contents of the 2nd JSA Omnibus now include Annual #1 and Secret Files, but still no sign of the Hawkman crossover issues!!
    Great solicitations for Teen titans fans (like me!)! The TT earth one hc and a 50 years TT anniversary hc. Wonder what's collected in it. Also, a new Long halloween hc
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Great solicitations for Teen titans fans (like me!)! The TT earth one hc and a 50 years TT anniversary hc. Wonder what's collected in it.
    I'm trying to think of what could possibly be considered worthy of an anniversary collection, and all I'm coming up with are Wolfman/Perez issues that are already in the omni's and the upcoming trades...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I'm trying to think of what could possibly be considered worthy of an anniversary collection, and all I'm coming up with are Wolfman/Perez issues that are already in the omni's and the upcoming trades...
    a properly mapped NTT volume 3?