View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 549 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 494494995395455465475485495505515525535595996491049 ... LastLast
Results 8,221 to 8,235 of 21671

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I LOVE Manapul's art. Are these two volumes enjoyable without reading the previous 5? Because I have absolutely zero desire reading those.
    Love to know as well. Havnt read gotham central yet waiting on the omni, but am looking for more crime/detective stories.

Edit: Speaking of the Gotham Central omnibus, according to CGN its be pushed back to may 30th. I could of swore it was supposed to be out may 3rd.
    Last edited by mtop2036; 02-10-2016 at 02:49 PM.

Spectacular Member

I'm a huge fan of Crisis on Infinite Earths. It's my favorite event story. Is any version worth getting besides the Absolute edition? I am willing to pay OOP prices but I know there are some OHC versions as well. Anyone have the different versions to compare?

Quote Originally Posted by ChinBo37 View Post
    I'm a huge fan of Crisis on Infinite Earths. It's my favorite event story. Is any version worth getting besides the Absolute edition? I am willing to pay OOP prices but I know there are some OHC versions as well. Anyone have the different versions to compare?
    I don't have any other versions but I love the Absolute Edition...it is probably my favorite Absolute in terms of making use of the format and giving you the total package.

Mighty Member

I bought the deluxe that came out last year, pretty solid binding as far as dc goes. Thicker paper too. And it's readily available. Probably your best option for a nicer affordable edition.

Amazing Member

I don't know if this is quite the correct thread for it, but has anyone seen the Justice League: Silver Age quasi-Epic that was supposed to come out this week? Curious to see how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Enemy Ace View Post
    I don't know if this is quite the correct thread for it, but has anyone seen the Justice League: Silver Age quasi-Epic that was supposed to come out this week? Curious to see how it is.
    I have not yet but Broken Batarang on the MMW board posted a correction to content as

Collects THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD #28-30, JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #1-8 and MYSTERY IN SPACE #75, and includes the classic tales "Doom of the Star Diamond," "The Slave Ship of Space" and "Starro the Conqueror!" 329 pages

would have liked a 500 page book for $9.99 IST price but still a good deal. If the above is still incorrect I'd like to know. Doesn't anyone wanna pay full price anymore? If someone got it already from a comic shop I'd like to know what they thought of the binding/paper.

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I have not yet but Broken Batarang on the MMW board posted a correction to content as

Collects THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD #28-30, JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #1-8 and MYSTERY IN SPACE #75, and includes the classic tales "Doom of the Star Diamond," "The Slave Ship of Space" and "Starro the Conqueror!" 329 pages

would have liked a 500 page book for $9.99 IST price but still a good deal. If the above is still incorrect I'd like to know. Doesn't anyone wanna pay full price anymore? If someone got it already from a comic shop I'd like to know what they thought of the binding/paper.
    omg I was just coming here to ask about this...i went to a lcs tonight just to confirm the contents and they said it didn't come in. I was gonna probably buy it anyway if it had those contents at that price / page count or something close to it. What happened to this book?
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I LOVE Manapul's art. Are these two volumes enjoyable without reading the previous 5? Because I have absolutely zero desire reading those.
    Icarus and Anarky are standalone Hardcovers (well Anarky collects an Endgame Tie-In issue but don't worry). I didn't like the creative team on Flash but they wowed me on Detective Comics. No end of the city/the world stories just crime and detective material with fantastic art. There should be a 3rd Hardcover in 6 months. (I love The Shadow/Alec Baldwin/your avatar)

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Icarus and Anarky are standalone Hardcovers (well Anarky collects an Endgame Tie-In issue but don't worry). I didn't like the creative team on Flash but they wowed me on Detective Comics. No end of the city/the world stories just crime and detective material with fantastic art. There should be a 3rd Hardcover in 6 months. (I love The Shadow/Alec Baldwin/your avatar)
    cheers and cheers These are going on the wishlist then.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    You got my attention as well.

Didn't realise some HC's from N52 are OOP, would have expected those been printed in thousands. Aquaman vol 1, Justice League vol 2, first volumes of Wonder Woman, I don't understand this market at all.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Didn't realise some HC's from N52 are OOP, would have expected those been printed in thousands. Aquaman vol 1, Justice League vol 2, first volumes of Wonder Woman, I don't understand this market at all.
    Well, Wonder Woman and Aquaman and probably the two best series in the entire New 52. Don't get Justice League, though. The first two volumes were garbage.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Well, Wonder Woman and Aquaman and probably the two best series in the entire New 52. Don't get Justice League, though. The first two volumes were garbage.
    Yeah, I have first HC and it wasn't good, even Jim Lee's art looked rushed. What about other HC? I've read here latest HC's of Detective Comics are very good when first one which I bought scared me off from buying more of them. Is it same issue here?

Don't forget about Batwoman and Batgirl.
    Last edited by lvizzz; 02-12-2016 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Yeah, I have first HC and it wasn't good, even Jim Lee's art looked rushed. What about other HC? I've read here latest HC's of Detective Comics are very good when first one which I bought scared me off from buying more of them. Is it same issue here?

Don't forget about Batwoman and Batgirl.
    They are just puny regular-sized hardcovers so who cares? The tpb's are superior since they take up less shelf space.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    They are just puny regular-sized hardcovers so who cares? The tpb's are superior since they take up less shelf space.
    I do. I do. I do. I do.