View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 55 of 1444 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859651051555551055 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I'm trying to think of what could possibly be considered worthy of an anniversary collection, and all I'm coming up with are Wolfman/Perez issues that are already in the omni's and the upcoming trades...
    There WILL BE Geoff Johns stuff in there because, well, because he will say so!

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    a properly mapped NTT volume 3?
    Right? I think the best we can hope for is an eventual reprint that, ya know, makes sense?

But even that is a long shot.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    There WILL BE Geoff Johns stuff in there because, well, because he will say so!
    Meh. That's exactly my point; I love the Titans, but aside from that early-mid 80's stuff, there hasn't been much "classic" material produced. And said material has already been reprinted many times over.

While it wasn't the greatest era by any means, I'd actually like to see some collections of the pos-Zero Hour era released... *ducks flying tomatoes*
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

Batman Noir: The Long Halloween HC. What is that, a black and white edition or something?

Spectacular Member Commissioner Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    Batman Noir: The Long Halloween HC. What is that, a black and white edition or something?
    Yup, black and white as well as oversized.

I'm trying to think of what could possibly be considered worthy of an anniversary collection, and all I'm coming up with are Wolfman/Perez issues that are already in the omni's and the upcoming trades...
    As TomSlick said, something from Johns and possibly the first New52 story, because that's the current stuff (and no matter how bad it is, I think they just want to push it). Maybe Technis imperative? Or the X-men crossover? (if it doesn't have some legall issues).

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    As TomSlick said, something from Johns and possibly the first New52 story, because that's the current stuff (and no matter how bad it is, I think they just want to push it). Maybe Technis imperative? Or the X-men crossover? (if it doesn't have some legall issues).
    I think Wolfman/Perez, Johns, the orginal 60 run and the New 52. The rest I'm not sure
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Meh. That's exactly my point; I love the Titans, but aside from that early-mid 80's stuff, there hasn't been much "classic" material produced. And said material has already been reprinted many times over.

While it wasn't the greatest era by any means, I'd actually like to see some collections of the pos-Zero Hour era released... *ducks flying tomatoes*

I agree with you.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

And according to the new solicitations, this is the cover of the JSA Omnibus Vol. 2:

Watching The Wheels wrkngclasshero's Avatar

Came home yesterday to a large box from InStockTrades. My Absolute Identity Crisis came. I know the book gets a lot of hate but it was one of the first stories I read after a very long hiatus from reading comics and I always enjoyed it. The sale at InStockTrades made it darn near impossible to pass on though.

I will say that it is thinner than I thought it would be. Anyway I am excited to revisit the story!
    "A working class hero is something to be..." - J. Lennon

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by wrkngclasshero View Post
    Came home yesterday to a large box from InStockTrades. My Absolute Identity Crisis came. I know the book gets a lot of hate but it was one of the first stories I read after a very long hiatus from reading comics and I always enjoyed it. The sale at InStockTrades made it darn near impossible to pass on though.

I will say that it is thinner than I thought it would be. Anyway I am excited to revisit the story!
    Yeah, Identity Crisis was one of the books that got me back into comics, also after a long break (like, over a 15 year break). I read it again the other day and while I didn't like it as much, and I do see many faults with it, I still enjoy it.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Apologies if this has already been covered in the thread, but I know some people wanted the Kelly Jones Batman books in a larger format. Well, coming up in this week's solicits:

And the contents of the 2nd JSA Omnibus now include Annual #1 and Secret Files, but still no sign of the Hawkman crossover issues!!
    Which issues would these be? Are these found in the Hawkman Omnibus?

Quote Originally Posted by dern View Post
    Which issues would these be? Are these found in the Hawkman Omnibus?
    Hawkman #'s 23 - 25, part of the Black Reign crossover. I don't have the Hawkman Omni myself, but I think they're included in it.

But, crisis averted. Jeff Boison, DC's VP for Publishing Planning & Collected Editions just tweeted to say they'll definitely be included.

I'm not sure if this is against the rules or not, but after seeing obscene prices for the Infinite Crisis Omnibus I thought it only fair that fellow comics fans get a hold of it for a reasonable price. I'm willing to part with mine for Canadian cover price + shipping if anyone wants it (within Canada).

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Yeah, Identity Crisis was one of the books that got me back into comics, also after a long break (like, over a 15 year break). I read it again the other day and while I didn't like it as much, and I do see many faults with it, I still enjoy it.
    Did absolutes or deluxe editions bring anyone here into, or back into comics? DC hasn't historically produced nearly as much as Marvel in that regard but the JLA Morrison deluxe volumes were what got me started reading DC comics. Before that it was just Marvel and the Civil War OHC was what brought me back into Marvel after a break.