View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 551 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 514515015415475485495505515525535545555616016511051 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,265 of 21671
    Spectacular Member

Absolute year one with 224 pages for $125? Ugh.

nice, thanks for posting.
    Absolute Year One is 224 pages for $125...wow...okay

Does anyone have the standard hc release of Matt Wagner's Trinity from 2004?
    I was thinking maybe getting that instead of the recently released deluxe since the current quality of DC deluxes are quite bad (and I was nice) and the old hc is probably a better quality.
    I would rather have this in standard size than as an oversized role of toiletpaper.
    Any opinions?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    nice, thanks for posting.
    Absolute Year One is 224 pages for $125...wow...okay
    That's as much as an Artist's Edition, which is what I'm hoping this actually is. Even Mazzucchelli himself said it was drawn and colored with the floppies in mind. Unless looking at the original art, I don't see Year One benefiting from Absolute size.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

There has to be something wrong with the page count or price. Or was Year One actually published by Marvel? That seems to be the only reasonable explanation to this madness.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Amazing Member

It's revenge for the Supergirl omnibus being listed so cheap on Amazon.

Does anyone have the standard hc release of Matt Wagner's Trinity from 2004?
    I was thinking maybe getting that instead of the recently released deluxe since the current quality of DC deluxes are quite bad (and I was nice) and the old hc is probably a better quality.
    I would rather have this in standard size than as an oversized role of toiletpaper.
    Any opinions?
    I have it, no complaints...not sure how much better quality it is from the deluxe edition. It's a thin book so it's going to be glued. Has a nice faux-red leather front and back with the title stamped on the front.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    There has to be something wrong with the page count or price. Or was Year One actually published by Marvel? That seems to be the only reasonable explanation to this madness.
    You guys should know by now to never believe amazon solit details when it comes to DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    I have it, no complaints...not sure how much better quality it is from the deluxe edition. It's a thin book so it's going to be glued. Has a nice faux-red leather front and back with the title stamped on the front.
    thanks!
    the faux leather cover sounds nice, glued binding is expected, the other thing I'm worried about is paper quality. Haven't bought a standard DC hc for a while but the ones I got tend to have thin paper but current deluxes have thin paper as well, thinner than before.

I imagine it will be about £50 when released, hopefully a killing joke won't be that far behind it

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I imagine it will be about £50 when released, hopefully a killing joke won't be that far behind it
    Absolute Transmetropolitan costs £50 with like 550 pages.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Even discounted it'll be over 60 bucks. That's insane.
    Cyclops was right

Absolute Transmetropolitan costs £50 with like 550 pages.
    Depends if they can get another books worth of extra, like the LOEG absolutes, one book for story, one for extras

Depends if they can get another books worth of extra, like the LOEG absolutes, one book for story, one for extras
    but do you want to pay that price for another 2-300 pages of extras? That would be the most obnoxious padding of history so far.
    Also IIRC the LoEG absolutes costed less even with the extras.

but do you want to pay that price for another 2-300 pages of extras? That would be the most obnoxious padding of history so far.
    Also IIRC the LoEG absolutes costed less even with the extras.
    I can see it being the same size as the absolute GL Rebirth or Black Dossier and costing £40 - £50

I can see it being the same size as the absolute GL Rebirth or Black Dossier and costing £40 - £50
    The actual story of Year One is only around 100 pages. I have the deluxe from 2012, which has 144 pages, and features a ton of extras. So even an absolute with 224 pages would have 60% extras for 65 bucks. That's crazy.