View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 552 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 524525025425485495505515525535545555565626026521052 ... LastLast
Results 8,266 to 8,280 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I can see it being the same size as the absolute GL Rebirth or Black Dossier and costing £40 - £50
    and would you be okay with that? Maybe for £30 but as Nateallen30 said, more than half of it is extras.

also, got a question for all the Hellblazer experts.
    Currently reading the Ennis run and was wondering if I should go back to vol1 and catch up or just continue with vol 9?
    From what I've read in vol5 from Delano it wasn't bad but it wasn't Ennis but maybe just because that was the end of his run.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Currently reading the Ennis run and was wondering if I should go back to vol1 and catch up or just continue with vol 9?
    From what I've read in vol5 from Delano it wasn't bad but it wasn't Ennis but maybe just because that was the end of his run.
    I may be in the minority but I personally preferred the Deleno stuff, it was new and original back then, plus John Ridgway's art was special, the later stuff with Ennis and Dylan was ok but it was just the usual Ennis stuff, let's try and shock, start from Vol 1, you get the real JC.
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 02-14-2016 at 02:20 PM.

I may be in the minority but I personally preferred the Deleno stuff, it was new and original back then, plus John Ridgway's art was special, the later stuff with Ennis and Dylan was ok but it was just the usual Ennis stuff, let's try and shock, start from Vol 1, you get the JC.
    Thanks! I knew I won't get away with this without the first 4 volumes :P Even if it is not better than Ennis, if it's good stuff I would gladly buy and read it. Hellblazer is one of my most shameful blank spots.
    How is the Jenkins-Philips run btw, after Ennis? I remember people mentioning here that one of the good runs had a crappy ending but maybe hat was Milligan?

Thanks! I knew I won't get away with this without the first 4 volumes :P Even if it is not better than Ennis, if it's good stuff I would gladly buy and read it. Hellblazer is one of my most shameful blank spots.
    How is the Jenkins-Philips run btw, after Ennis? I remember people mentioning here that one of the good runs had a crappy ending but maybe hat was Milligan?
    Tbh I can't remember HB was he first comic I ever bought, I remember the Deleno stuff and the Ennis stuff, everything else is a bit of a vague, I collected upto about issue 120 then stopped, so I'm looking forward to rereading these in the new trades, it'll be like revisiting an old friend

For the love of all that is holy, keep going forward - don't look back!

The Delano stuff is drudgery. Anyone who dismisses Ennis as nothing but shock value has either never read Ennis or never read Ennis with any kind of critical eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    For the love of all that is holy, keep going forward - don't look back!

The Delano stuff is drudgery. Anyone who dismisses Ennis as nothing but shock value has either never read Ennis or never read Ennis with any kind of critical eye.
    I'll bet you think The Boys is an excellent read as well

I only have the three volumes with Phillips' art and they are amazing. The last issue they do together is also an anniversary issue and it is really great.

I haven't read anything by Ennis that matches his Punisher MAX but I thought The Boys was really funny and had a cool story. You know what you're going to get with Ennis to differing degrees of quality (like any writer) but he's one of those guys who probably doesn't have many people on the fence about his work.

well...I love the Boys. And most other Ennis stuff as well.
    But the few issues I've read from Delano wasn't worse than Ennis just different. But I was missing a lot of context (like what the hell is the Fear machine?)

well...I love the Boys. And most other Ennis stuff as well.
    But the few issues I've read from Delano wasn't worse than Ennis just different. But I was missing a lot of context (like what the hell is the Fear machine?)
    Id just get them, how can any self respecting collector start a collection at vol 5????? Insanity man

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I haven't read anything by Ennis that matches his Punisher MAX but I thought The Boys was really funny and had a cool story. You know what you're going to get with Ennis to differing degrees of quality (like any writer) but he's one of those guys who probably doesn't have many people on the fence about his work.
    I do like some of his stuff, I just don't love it, I find it very samey, he is the oasis (the band) of comic book writers, the first album sounds the same as every other album, he has found his niche and he sticks to it.

Id just get them, how can any self respecting collector start a collection at vol 5????? Insanity man
    Most probably I will.
    But for me, if the first 4 volume (of anything) sucks then I don't want to have them on my shelf, just takes up the place from good stuff and stirs up bad memories when I look at them.

It is. It's the most biting takedown of our current corporate ogilarchy, mainstream comic landscape, defense industry, and post-9/11 mindset in comic form. And it was full of heart and complex emotions on top of that.

Most probably I will.
    But for me, if the first 4 volume (of anything) sucks then I don't want to have them on my shelf, just takes up the place from good stuff and stirs up bad memories when I look at them.
    Delano's run is 90% caption boxes of flowery grad school-level creative writing, 10% any semblance of plot. It had a certain interest at the time of its release for people who had only read superheroes, but it has not aged well, and wasn't really all that good to begin with.