View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 557 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 574575075475535545555565575585595605615676076571057 ... LastLast
Results 8,341 to 8,355 of 21674

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Did they do comic reprints? or do you mean newspaper strips?

Edit: I mean the Action comics from 601-643 ish
    Thanks for the fast reply though
    I believe you are looking for this:

http://www.amazon.com/Superman-Power...e+power+within

Quote Originally Posted by Nateallen30 View Post
    I believe you are looking for this:

http://www.amazon.com/Superman-Power...e+power+within
    Fantastic, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post
    How are the contents? I know this is considered a classic run, but from everything I have seen it looks too ridiculous to be any good.
    OK, it's Bronze Age stuff, so there are some silly moments, some corny dialogue (hey, it was the 70s), and the characters can act a little dramatic. BUT, it's a quick read. You don't have those descriptive boxes cluttering up the panels and the art is gorgeous. I've read it several times over the years and happily picked it up in Absolute edition.

So I'm going to try something...I'm tired of DC not releasing omnibi/collections of books I want. So I'm going to start barking at Didio on Twitter to try & get a response seeing as their market share is dwindling. I'm going to do a poll a week on Twitter: please chime in, let people know and suggest other polls. Maybe we can get a discussion going with him.

Here's the poll link if you are interested.

https://twitter.com/brameosaurus/sta...59716370968577

Quote Originally Posted by brameosaurusrex View Post
    So I'm going to try something...I'm tired of DC not releasing omnibi/collections of books I want. So I'm going to start barking at Didio on Twitter to try & get a response seeing as their market share is dwindling. I'm going to do a poll a week on Twitter: please chime in, let people know and suggest other polls. Maybe we can get a discussion going with him.

They are currently releasing Grell tpb's, so we wouldn't want them to switch to omnibuses mid-stream

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Hey everyone, has anyone posted pics of the newish Green Lantern / Green Arrow Absolute? If so, can you point me to the right page?
    Any comments on the build? I remember people comparing it to an older version, but for someone who is NOT looking to upgrade, I just want info on the one I can buy now.

Thanks a lot!
    Yeah, there's some pics and discussion here.

http://community.comicbookresources....=1#post1712914

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by brameosaurusrex View Post

Just a suggestion - you attract more flies with honey than vinegar. When I've asked him a question in the past, I've gotten a good response doing so respectfully and politely. I doubt "barking" at the head of a major comic book publisher will get you very far.

Just a friendly suggestion.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jjsheridan1001 View Post
    Just a suggestion - you attract more flies with honey than vinegar. When I've asked him a question in the past, I've gotten a good response doing so respectfully and politely. I doubt "barking" at the head of a major comic book publisher will get you very far.

Just a friendly suggestion.
    I have to agree with you, not only does this idea come across as rude but its also feels incredibly entitled. "A worldwide major corporation isn't delivering me the exact product I want in the exact format I want! I'll abuse the management over the internet!"

By all means ask the creators if there's any plans or even make suggestions to people who work in the collected editions department, (the people who actually make these decisions). But again be polite, yes these companies exist to make a profit and that involves making things that people want to buy but that doesn't mean they should be making everything you want.

Also how exactly is making expensive hardcover collections of 10-30 year old material suppose to fix the falling sales of their current month to month issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Valentino View Post
    Yeah, there's some pics and discussion here.

http://community.comicbookresources....=1#post1712914
    Thanks for much for the link of pics, and others who have chimed in. This will be my first Absolute, pretty excited. I'll be ordering it in the next few days. :-)
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Fantastic Member

Does anyone know what is going on with Green Lantern/Green Arrow Vol. 2 trade? I would like to read post-Neal Adams stories with early Grell on art duties.

http://www.amazon.com/Green-Lantern-...FXW8D5XRR3607W

Amazing Member Orf with his head's Avatar

In view of the news from DC in regards to their Rebirth in the summer and a lot of titles relaunching and going bi-weekly, I wonder what impact this will have on this who trade wait?

Will the volumes of trades being released go up. For example a 6 issue story will now be completed in 3 months, so will DC release a trade not long afterwards, or do we think we'll start seeing larger trades containing 6 months worth of stories?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orf with his head View Post
    In view of the news from DC in regards to their Rebirth in the summer and a lot of titles relaunching and going bi-weekly, I wonder what impact this will have on this who trade wait?

Will the volumes of trades being released go up. For example a 6 issue story will now be completed in 3 months, so will DC release a trade not long afterwards, or do we think we'll start seeing larger trades containing 6 months worth of stories?

I'm about to the point where I just don't care. I grew up on Marvel and DC and still love the characters but the endless reboot, relaunch, rehash is getting old fast. It's starting to feel like the 90s again with all the "new" #1s.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisko View Post
    I'm about to the point where I just don't care. I grew up on Marvel and DC and still love the characters but the endless reboot, relaunch, rehash is getting old fast. It's starting to feel like the 90s again with all the "new" #1s.
    With the exception of price rises for new #1's and other things I don't really see the problem with it. DC have already said they are setting one lower price for every book. They could focus on changing creators and keep numbering for relaunches but to me it makes no difference. The books keep coming out. The quality of story is what keeps me buying or not. Whether they keep using number ones or names for the line or not is ultimately meaningless. These companies aren't actually restarting the universes anymore, that is something I could've been frustrated by (I was only reading the famous Batman stuff at the time the New 52 started.)

Just read Morrison's 7 Soldiers. Wow. Loved it. Would love to get this in Absolute format. Love the Frankenstien stuff.

Spectacular Member Lake Nowhere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Just read Morrison's 7 Soldiers. Wow. Loved it. Would love to get this in Absolute format. Love the Frankenstien stuff.
    Yes, this absolute needs to happen.