View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 559 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 594595095495555565575585595605615625635696096591059 ... LastLast
Results 8,371 to 8,385 of 21670

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    he asked for absolutes not including year one...
    Yeah, just trying to be helpful by throwing some other things out there. If guys don't want new members on here just say so.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brameosaurusrex View Post
    Yeah, just trying to be helpful by throwing some other things out there. If guys don't want new members on here just say so.
    Orion is a new member. If he's being rude, just ignore him.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by ChinBo37 View Post
    Is there a list of known absolutes announced?

What else is coming out besides year one?
    just those mentioned plus the second vol of Y the last man

Spectacular Member

Y, transmet and preacher are all great series but what other contained stories would be good for an absolute? Multuversity was one mentioned.

Y, transmet and preacher are all great series but what other contained stories would be good for an absolute? Multuversity was one mentioned.
    I'd like to see Fables in absolute format.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cozzster View Post
    I'd like to see Fables in absolute format.
    I'm not against fables but these long series just don't seem to fit the format as well. I would prefer fables as an omnibus. I was thinking more of a storyline with great art thay can be contained in one absolute volume.

I'm not against fables but these long series just don't seem to fit the format as well. I would prefer fables as an omnibus. I was thinking more of a storyline with great art thay can be contained in one absolute volume.
    I agree; ongoing series just don't seem right for the Absolute format. I'd like to see more self contained volumes like w used to.

Superman: Birthright
    Batman: the Black Mirror
    Infinite Crisis (to match Identity and Final)
    Meltzer's Justice League
    Jim Lee's WildCATs

Quote Originally Posted by brameosaurusrex View Post
    Naw, man, you're cool. You were trying to be helpful. In fact, I'm glad you posted it - reminded me of that roots of ST vol. 2

Completely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post
    I agree; ongoing series just don't seem right for the Absolute format. I'd like to see more self contained volumes like w used to.

Superman: Birthright
    Batman: the Black Mirror
    Infinite Crisis (to match Identity and Final)
    Meltzer's Justice League
    Jim Lee's WildCATs
    Yeah, the more self-contained for me, the better. Except for Sandman. LOL
    I am going to be guilty of picking up Transmet in Absolute only because I loved the series, have reread it numerous times and have been waiting forever for something better than the tpbs.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

I would totally buy Absolute Black Mirror.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    I would totally buy Absolute Black Mirror.
    Id be all over that. How is synders gates of gotham?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Naw, man, you're cool. You were trying to be helpful. In fact, I'm glad you posted it - reminded me of that roots of ST vol. 2

I am very very curious what that Roots of The Swamp Thing book is. By the time that release date rolls around this hardcover volume will be almost 7 and a half years old and this paperback (assuming amazons got the wrong format which isn't unheard of) will be almost 5 years old.

Now I'm all for more swamp thing being published but DC can't really be releasing a follow up to a 5-8 year old book can they?

Guys!

Play nice please, I just deleted 3 comments because it was pointless bickering.
    I'm bloody tired today and grumpy as hell so won't message all participants individually, also this is for everyone:
    Try to be nice with new members especially when they are try to be helpful (and actually are helpful), if someone is rude the comment is gonna be removed as all responses to that!

Peace!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    I am very very curious what that Roots of The Swamp Thing book is. By the time that release date rolls around this hardcover volume will be almost 7 and a half years old and this paperback (assuming amazons got the wrong format which isn't unheard of) will be almost 5 years old.

Now I'm all for more swamp thing being published but DC can't really be releasing a follow up to a 5-8 year old book can they?
    Why not? Suicide Squad 1: Trial by Fire came out in 2011, vol. 2 didn't come out until last year. Starman Omnibus 2 tpb was 2012, 3 is coming out now.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Racci View Post
    Why not? Suicide Squad 1: Trial by Fire came out in 2011, vol. 2 didn't come out until last year. Starman Omnibus 2 tpb was 2012, 3 is coming out now.
    They re-released Trial by Fire in September 2015 when they had another attempt at drumming up interest in the original suicide squad series so that gap dosn't really count.

Starman Omnibus TPB 3 was canceled years ago, presumably due to low orders, and has now been resolicited so I'll give you that one (although that resolicitation still raised a fair few eyebrows).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post

Yes, they are. It's the remainder of the first volume. I suppose they're going with a hardcover to try and appease those who purchased the DC Comics Classic Library Roots of the Swamp Thing (now a de facto Vol. 1) which is the first portion of issues from that volume. It's certainly an unexpected choice to be sure, and even an odd choice sales/marketing wise, but it helps narrow the gap of uncollected Swamp Thing stories.