View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 562 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 624625125525585595605615625635645655665726126621062 ... LastLast
Results 8,416 to 8,430 of 21667

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    But they're for sale. That means they're out. It's kind of simple.
    No, they aren't. You can't walk into IST and walk out with one. IST can "sell them" today because they technically aren't breaking the street date (WEDNESDAY) because the books aren't getting out into the world until after then. Since new comics come out on Wednesday, this necessitates Diamond shipping the books to arrive at the stores on Tuesday, so there is time to set up.
    Last edited by Orion; 02-23-2016 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    No, they aren't. You can't walk into IST and walk out with one. IST can "sell them" today because they technically aren't breaking the street date (WEDNESDAY) because the books aren't getting out into the world until after then. Since new comics come out on Wednesday, this necessitates Diamond shipping the books to arrive at the stores on Tuesday, so there is time to set up.
    ..but they will ship the book out tonight...

Anyway, back to something less pointless; is this actually a good book? I think I've read everything by Morrison but Kill Your Boyfriend and Vinamarama.
    Last edited by mike1981; 02-23-2016 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    IST has them to order now. They actually come out tomorrow. Tomorrow is Wednesday. New comics come out on Wednesdays.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post

Anyway, back to something less pointless; is this actually a good book? I think I've read everything by Morrison but Kill Your Boyfriend and Vinamarama.
    Neither was very memorable but I don't like a lot of Morrison's one-off stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Neither was very memorable but I don't like a lot of Morrison's one-off stuff.
    I think this will be the first Morrison book I've passed on.

After finishing Multiversity, I don't know if there is anywhere to go but down.

Is multiversity an ok place to start with morrison? I know it deals with alot of characters from the dc universe that I don't know yet. Think it would be a hard read for me?

On another note, i'm about 3/4 into the GA deluxe and wow....it keeps getting better. I think this has to be hands down the best thing out of new52 and on.

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Is multiversity an ok place to start with morrison? I know it deals with alot of characters from the dc universe that I don't know yet. Think it would be a hard read for me?

On another note, i'm about 3/4 into the GA deluxe and wow....it keeps getting better. I think this has to be hands down the best thing out of new52 and on.
    I would recommend starting with Animal Man or JLA for Morrison. His Multiversity would benefit from reading Final Crisis, JLA, and some other stuff.

Multiversity is the coda to Morrison's work at DC, so no, it is absolutely not the place to start. Animal Man is more accessible and a better place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Nateallen30 View Post
    I would recommend starting with Animal Man or JLA for Morrison. His Multiversity would benefit from reading Final Crisis, JLA, and some other stuff.
    I keep forgetting about his JLA, keep meaning to pick it up. Ill most likey get his batman,jla and multiversity but read multiversity last. thanks

I keep forgetting about his JLA, keep meaning to pick it up. Ill most likey get his batman,jla and multiversity but read multiversity last. thanks
    You really should read 7 Soldiers and Final Crisis; these make up an informal trilogy with Multiversity.

I wish they would release all of morrisons stuff in absolutes or in multiple omnibuses. I hate how parts of his batman are absolute/OHC/HC/tpb.

The benefit to starting with Multiversity is it will be the first time you are getting Morrison's typical meta symbolism about creativity and the comic book industry so it won't seem old and tired like it was for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post
    Do they? I've never had them ship out before a Wednesday. I didn't realize they started shipping as early as Tuesday. For awhile there it was taking them days to ship but it seems like they've gotten back to getting things out the door pretty quick again.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Do they? I've never had them ship out before a Wednesday. I didn't realize they started shipping as early as Tuesday. For awhile there it was taking them days to ship but it seems like they've gotten back to getting things out the door pretty quick again.
    Yup. I believe the UXM vol 3 omni came out on wensday and I ordered on tuesday and it was shiped tuesday.

Someone was asking about a good place to start with Morrison and although it's not DC, I would suggest starting with Zenith. It's a decent super hero yarn and you can see the early seeds of "Morrison-isms" being planted.

For DC, I would suggest Animal Man. Also the 52 omnibus since he was a co-author and it serves - as he stated in an interview at the time - a coda for AM.

Incredible Member

I would recommend starting with his JLA. It's over the top sci-fi fun. Compared to his other stuff, I think it's more accessible. And unlike his other stuff, if you don't 100% get it, you won't feel like you're missing something important.

I'm actually rereading it now. I'd totally buy it again if they released it as an omnibus or Absolute.