View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 576 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 764765265665725735745755765775785795805866266761076 ... LastLast
Results 8,626 to 8,640 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by VanWinkle View Post
    That solicitation is wrong. Here are the contents (these are not my pictures):
    Well, that's just horribly unfortunate. My bad for trusting the solicits. I guess I won't be getting it after all.

DC really needs to get their stuff straight with their solicitations. Their mess up caused me to purchase both batman vol 7 and jokers endgame which i'm still pissed about. The solicitation to this day (i think) of jokers endgame still says it contains the endgame back ups and the tie ins. WHat it dosnt say is that is also contains all the issues that were in vol 7. Since volume 7 came out first I got it first, then endgame came out and I got that for the ties ins and backups. And then I realize I wasted money on vol 7 that could of went on a diffrent book. I wonder if they do this on purpose to trick people into spending more money.

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    DC really needs to get their stuff straight with their solicitations. Their mess up caused me to purchase both batman vol 7 and jokers endgame which i'm still pissed about. The solicitation to this day (i think) of jokers endgame still says it contains the endgame back ups and the tie ins. WHat it dosnt say is that is also contains all the issues that were in vol 7. Since volume 7 came out first I got it first, then endgame came out and I got that for the ties ins and backups. And then I realize I wasted money on vol 7 that could of went on a diffrent book. I wonder if they do this on purpose to trick people into spending more money.
    No they don't do it on purpose. They're just incompetent.

So is it true the Hawkman omni is going out of print? Should I read Johns' JL run before reading this?

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    So is it true the Hawkman omni is going out of print? Should I read Johns' JL run before reading this?
    "JL" run? Justice League? No
    He did a JSA run that kind of coincides. You could read up to when Hawkman comes back "Return of Hawkman" arc and then jump in. That said I don't think you'd be confused if you just jumped into Hawkman.

Spectacular Member

Has anyone mentioned that Jack of Fables is going to be released in the deluxe format?

http://www.amazon.com/Jack-Fables-De...dp/1401264638/

Quote Originally Posted by enguarde22 View Post
    Has anyone mentioned that Jack of Fables is going to be released in the deluxe format?

Haven't seen any mention of it, another collection to start how many books we talking? As many as Fables?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Haven't seen any mention of it, another collection to start how many books we talking? As many as Fables?
    Looks like it was 9 TPBs, so I'm guessing 3-4.

Looks like it was 9 TPBs, so I'm guessing 3-4.
    Not bad then, was expecting far more, is it Fables quality?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    I recently finished the omnibus and w/o having read JSA, and while there were some questions at first, it did a pretty good job explaining everything eventually.

I haven't yet read any Fables, do I need any prior knowledge going in to read Jack of Fables?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by sho nuff View Post
    I haven't yet read any Fables, do I need any prior knowledge going in to read Jack of Fables?
    They do cross over. I'd recommend it.

No. I read it for a while, but ended up abandoning it. And this was back when Fables was one of my favorite monthlies, so I eagerly welcomed any additional stories in that universe that I could get. Jack made for a better supporting character than he did a lead, in my opinion. And his supporting characters weren't nearly as entertaining as the supporting players in Fables.

I hated and dropped the series after issue 3 or 4. It was really bad, but one day I borrowed the whole run from a friend in anticipation of the crossover. I can only guess that Mathew Sturgess? don't even remember was basically writing the book on his own from a Bill outline, or maybe it really did need time for all the players and terms to make sense.

When the series finally clicked for me it was fantastic, and I mean I loved and laughed along with each issue. I attribute this to Willingham seeing that the response was poor and taking a more active roll, or maybe as the crossover got closer he needed to be more involved. I guess it could have just been a case of the new terms and types of people involved (don't wish to spoil things) needed to be better explained and understood. I often wonder if I reread it knowing all the things that shed light on the early parts if they will read good from the start.

If you can endure the really bad start that's gonna feel like a gut punch to your wallet I really do feel like it's got a great payoff. I never read past the crossover when they switch up the lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Enormouse View Post
    They do cross over. I'd recommend it.
    Yep the crossover falls between vols 6 & 7 of the trades: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_o...ected_editions

I think they will skip the crossover in the JoF DEs because otherwise it will be almost a straight reprint of Fables DE Vol. 10: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fables...eluxe_Editions