View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 578 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 784785285685745755765775785795805815825886286781078 ... LastLast
Results 8,656 to 8,670 of 21662

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Oh I hate Finch. I can't believe people actually like his stuff. The woman are fanservice dolls and the men look like melting wax.
    I have the same problem with Deodato Jr. I'm honestly convinced he is tracing or drawing after 3D models. I don't want to accuse him with tracing but his characters just look so artificial. With Finch it's ugly but it feels like a hand drawn image.

Quote Originally Posted by mdotluci View Post
    Darkseid War has been fantastic.
    ugh. is this story line over yet????

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    first few arc means like a year and a half worth of average or bad comics so I just gave up on it.
    I usually like Johns, but his JLA and his Batman Earth 2 are the dregs.

Did anybody pick up the new Batman: Contagion book? Does it also contain Legacy? The solicits on Amazon & IST only list Contagion issues, but the page count is way too high. One of them is wrong.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Did anybody pick up the new Batman: Contagion book? Does it also contain Legacy? The solicits on Amazon & IST only list Contagion issues, but the page count is way too high. One of them is wrong.
    It has Contagion plus about half of the issues between Contagion and Legacy. Legacy is due for a reprint which apparently is going to include the other half of the interim issues plus Legacy itself.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post

I've only read the first Batman Earth-2 book but I liked that one.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post

I'm loving Darkseid War right now. This would be a great story for an absolute. Like others have said Johns JL has been hit and miss but the last two arcs have been top notch. We'll probably get an Omni of his whole run once it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Valentino View Post
    It has Contagion plus about half of the issues between Contagion and Legacy. Legacy is due for a reprint which apparently is going to include the other half of the interim issues plus Legacy itself.
    Ah, ok. Thanks for the info!
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Anyone collecting the Taschen "DC: 75 Years of Modern Mythmaking" single volumes? Well, you might want to sit down and get away from anyone in striking distance:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/03/...-of-dc-comics/

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Anyone collecting the Taschen "DC: 75 Years of Modern Mythmaking" single volumes? Well, you might want to sit down and get away from anyone in striking distance:

HOLY %$@#

Now I'm really angry.

The Flash Deluxe by Manapul and Buccellato is now listed as an omnibus on amazon. It's also 55% right now. http://www.amazon.com/Flash-Francis-...ords=dc+comics

Quote Originally Posted by SkyMason21 View Post
    The Flash Deluxe by Manapul and Buccellato is now listed as an omnibus on amazon. It's also 55% right now. http://www.amazon.com/Flash-Francis-...ords=dc+comics
    thanks! if it will collect 25 issues it probably will be in the 30quid prince range (cheapest) so I just preordered it for 26.59 from amazon. And maybe the fact that it's an omnibus now will help the quality and hopefully they will us some nice paper for it.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post

I figured as much when I saw the sticker on the Bronze Age volume said 3 instead of 5, but I guess this confirms my fears.

What are the odds of a different publisher going ahead with them? I'm not sure how these things work...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SkyMason21 View Post
    Happy to see an omnibus vs deluxe, itll hopefully have better paper than the deluxes. And thats a great price but I dont dare buy HCs from amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Happy to see an omnibus vs deluxe, itll hopefully have better paper than the deluxes. And thats a great price but I dont dare buy HCs from amazon.
    I buy almost everything from amazon, good prices, free shipping, free returns, and stuff arrives the day after it ships. I rarely have to return anything due to damage. I don't see what the problem is. Buying from anywhere else is way more expensive to ship to Canada, and the two books I bought from IST took almost two months to arrive after shipping (in good condition, though).

Quote Originally Posted by mooch View Post
    I buy almost everything from amazon, good prices, free shipping, free returns, and stuff arrives the day after it ships. I rarely have to return anything due to damage. I don't see what the problem is. Buying from anywhere else is way more expensive to ship to Canada, and the two books I bought from IST took almost two months to arrive after shipping (in good condition, though).
    I think the biggest thing is damages from shipping but it's dependant on each individual. Some people get terrible service when 9 out of 10 others say some other store is incredible. Just gotta find what works for you I guess.