View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 58 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162681081585581058 ... LastLast

Here's some random pics from New Frontier.

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Sorry if the pics are wonky and sideways. I'm using my iPad.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Thanks Genericusername12! Top 10 looks just so great I'm starting drooling right now. I think I'm going for that one, then the Sandman absolutes and then New Frontier and Long halloween. Thanks guys for the recommendations
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

All-New Member

image.jpgimage.jpg
    Here's a couple of pics of the new frank quietly graphic ink book. It seems to be all art work. It's £13.82 speedy hen.co.uk (they've added different address than billing to be posted to and PayPal)
    image.jpg
    Last edited by Miss H; 06-19-2014 at 10:31 AM.

I have a bunch of Absolute editions, and Top Ten is a my favorite. I'd honestly put it up there as one of the best things Alan Moore has ever done - which is saying quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    I have a bunch of Absolute editions, and Top Ten is a my favorite. I'd honestly put it up there as one of the best things Alan Moore has ever done - which is saying quite a bit.
    My sentiments exactly! I knew nothing about the book but bought it because of Moore's name and the fact that I got a crazy deal on the book. Gene Ha's art is simply amazing and deserves to be oversized. His art is jam packed with clean details and awesome easter eggs in every panel with a crowd. I didn't realize how funny Alan Moore could be until I read Top Ten. I think I read it cover to cover in a couple days. Then I re-read it just to absorb the artwork.

I went to a con last year and lugged this book around just because I knew Gene Ha would be there. He sketched in the book and we had a long talk. He's a great guy and was incredulous when I admitted he was the primary reason I had attended that con. It was a great experience.

Received today my Absolute Top Ten. It's reading time!

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Hey guys, need some advise.
    I'm getting another absolute but don't know which. I've narrowed it down to those that interests me and I can get for less than €45 (I'm Dutch, can't help it). These are them
    Joker luthor
    New frontier
    Top ten
    Hush
    Long halloween
    Identity crisis
    Sinestro corps war

I'm leaning toward Top ten, Joker Luthor, Long Halloween and New frontier but I still can't choose. What's your guys take?
    hand down, it's got to be Top 10. Heck, it's Alan Moore! After that, I'd say New Frontier. It's just an amazing, well-written story!

I'm going to go against the grain on Long Halloween, though. I just finished it last night in one sit-in. Don't get me wrong, it's a great story and the art looks great oversized, but I don't feel it's sophisticated enough to be an Absolute (if that makes any sense). I'd recommend picking this one up in TPB form. I think if you spend Absolute money and breeze through it, you'll be like "that's it?"

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    hand down, it's got to be Top 10. Heck, it's Alan Moore! After that, I'd say New Frontier. It's just an amazing, well-written story!

I'm going to go against the grain on Long Halloween, though. I just finished it last night in one sit-in. Don't get me wrong, it's a great story and the art looks great oversized, but I don't feel it's sophisticated enough to be an Absolute (if that makes any sense). I'd recommend picking this one up in TPB form. I think if you spend Absolute money and breeze through it, you'll be like "that's it?"
    I've already read Long Halloween, Identity crisis and Sinestro corps war and I will get all those titles of which I don't buy the absolutes in tpb's eventually. It's more a question of what title profits the most of the Absolute size and which has the best quality. Story still is a factor but less since I have read/will read them anyway.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

I've already read Long Halloween, Identity crisis and Sinestro corps war and I will get all those titles of which I don't buy the absolutes in tpb's eventually. It's more a question of what title profits the most of the Absolute size and which has the best quality. Story still is a factor but less since I have read/will read them anyway.
    With that criteria in mind I would say, Hush, Long Halloween or Top 10. They all have their drawbacks as an absolute but when you're talking about wanting something not just to read but specifically for the format that makes me think of which art shines the best in that format.

Hush is gorgeous Lee work in 12 inches. Hard to beat that but Gene Ha's work is full of great work and fantastic detail that really shines in the lager format. And if you like LH than it's even better that size but probably the least benefited by larger size out of those 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    With that criteria in mind I would say, Hush, Long Halloween or Top 10. They all have their drawbacks as an absolute but when you're talking about wanting something not just to read but specifically for the format that makes me think of which art shines the best in that format.

Hush is gorgeous Lee work in 12 inches. Hard to beat that but Gene Ha's work is full of great work and fantastic detail that really shines in the lager format. And if you like LH than it's even better that size but probably the least benefited by larger size out of those 3.
    Then I'm convinced. Out of watching video's I already thought that Top Ten had the nicest covers so if it's also the absolute which shines the most in absolute size and it's the best story then I made up my mind. It's definitely going to be Top ten

Well, why didn't you say so! Heh.
    Again, go with Top Ten. You CANNOT beat the Gene Ha detail.
    Plus, he crams Easter eggs all over the place. I'm going by memory, but I recall one splash page in particular where there was a ton of them, including "Scott and Jean" getting ready for their honeymoon.

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    Agreed. These two titles are what Absolutes are made for. Identity Crisis and Sinestro Corps War are good, but continuity heavy. I just read Joker/Luthor, really enjoyed it, but would have been just as good as deluxes. I own Top 10 but haven't read it yet. Hush is a fun story with great art, if you're a Jim Lee fan. But I definitely side with Long Halloween or New Frontier. And then Dark Victory later on if you enjoy Long Halloween, as it was a great follow-up.
    I dunno man, I think it's some of the best art Rags has ever produced...

Then I'm convinced. Out of watching video's I already thought that Top Ten had the nicest covers so if it's also the absolute which shines the most in absolute size and it's the best story then I made up my mind. It's definitely going to be Top ten
    Also, don't forget that it's the book that offers the more bang for your buck. It's 576 gorgeously drawn oversized pages for $100 retail. Keep in mind that most absolute editions have approximately 400 pages and cost the same.

BANNED

It's more a question of what title profits the most of the Absolute size and which has the best quality. Story still is a factor but less since I have read/will read them anyway.
    I'll have to throw my hat in with all the rest voting for Absolute Top 10. It's my favorite Absolute by far. The art is amazingly detailed and shines in absolute-size.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miss H View Post
    image.jpgimage.jpg
    Here's a couple of pics of the new frank quietly graphic ink book. It seems to be all art work. It's £13.82 speedy hen.co.uk (they've added different address than billing to be posted to and PayPal)
    image.jpg
    Thanks for these. My copy (also from Speedyhen!) should be arriving today.