View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 582 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 824825325725785795805815825835845855865926326821082 ... LastLast
Results 8,716 to 8,730 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by ChinBo37 View Post
    Unwritten Deluxe!

I have been holding off reading that and my patience has payed off!
    Me too. I'm really happy about that. Now I want Shade in deluxe (a thick tpb is more likely). Someone could tell me what the Batman & Robin by Morrison will be? It's a miniomnibus, a deluxe or what? Does it collect all the Batman & Robin issues? I would love a new edition for the entire Morrison' Batman run

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    Really happy The Unwritten is getting the deluxe treatment! Now my only question is, will Absolute Infinite Crisis be as comprehensive as the omnibus. Probably not..it will probably be just the event with a few important tie ins.
    No way, lol. Have you seen how thick the omni is?

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    No way, lol. Have you seen how thick the omni is?
    Yeah, I own it lol. Having all the material in one place and in reading order is awesome...it would take a lot to sell me on the Absolute, other than the obvious uniformity of having all the Crisis events in that format. They could always divide it into multiple Absolute editions.

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    Yeah, I own it lol. Having all the material in one place and in reading order is awesome...it would take a lot to sell me on the Absolute, other than the obvious uniformity of having all the Crisis events in that format. They could always divide it into multiple Absolute editions.
    I really REALLY wish we had gotten a reprint of the omni instead of an absolute. The omni is my most wanted DC book at the moment. The prices are insane and ill probably never get a copy. I mean I might pay a little over cover but nothing close to the $300-$400 it goes for on ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Yeah that price for absolute year one is very disappointing and I'd like to pretend I'm going to take a moral stand and not buy it, but that would be a lie in going to cough up the extra for it because I've been holding put for year one to get some sort of special treatment for ages.

Absolute Transmet 2 is due April 6th. It was in the December 2015 solicitations that came out in September here: http://www.vertigocomics.com/graphic...opolitan-vol-2
    i would also like to take the moral high ground but i just sold my Deluxe year one in preparation for getting the Absolute.

Absolute Infinte Crisis - Underrated gem with great artwork by Jiminez. The main story without all of the lead-in minis to create an unwieldy claptrap.

Wonder Woman: A Celebration of 75 Years - a nice upgrade of the 'Greatest Stories' tpb from years back.

I might upgrade with the Flash by Manapul/Buccellato omnibus and save the hassle of binding the trades.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    Absolute Infinte Crisis - Underrated gem with great artwork by Jiminez. The main story without all of the lead-in minis to create an unwieldy claptrap.
    I agree and have been hoping to get a deluxe or absolute of just the main series; I had the omnibus and really disliked it. I know it's a unpopular opinion, but I want the contents of "event" collections to be ordered by series. Unless it's an actual crossover, give me each series uninterrupted.

Not to mention the size and quality of the book...

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    The Unwritten Deluxe Book 1
    On Sale Date: 13 December 2016
    9781401265434, 140126543X
    Hardcover
    $29.99 USD, $35.00 CAD
    Mother truckers! I guess it was to be expected though. Need to sell my tpb's then...

So hey, how long do you guys think I have to order the Neal Adams Batman Omnibus before it sells out?

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    So hey, how long do you guys think I have to order the Neal Adams Batman Omnibus before it sells out?
    You should have plenty of time. DC omnis rarely go out of stock quickly. Then again you never know. My rule of thumb is that if I know that I want a book I just buy it right away rather than risk it.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Does anyone have the Adams Omni? I'm curious how good the writing is over all, and how readable it is.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Does anyone have the Adams Omni? I'm curious how good the writing is over all, and how readable it is.
    I have some old reprints, and I like that run a lot. It can get a bit "wordy", as most '70s comics do. But it has some great stories, character moments, and honestly, for me, it's the definitive Batman.

Spectacular Member

Any guesses on what will be in the Infinite Crisis Absolute ? Just the IC issues and the prelude one shot?

Fantastic Member

I have it and have read the first issue in it. I loved it. It isnt even Denny O'Neil writing yet, still early and silly plot, but so creative and fun and damn good looking. It's about how Superman and Batman meet once a year and compete in challenges they give each other and whichever one wins gets to keep an object they both put up. Like one year Batman won Superman's cape. This year, though, the Superman and Batman Revenge Squads are planning to use this as an opportunity to take them out. It's fucking ridiculous but in a genuinely fun way. And not overly wordy, at least as far as Silver Age goes. And the book as a whole is beautiful. No gutter loss, opens like a breeze, pages are good quality, art looks great (I do love original coloring in older books but I don't mind the way this was done).

Amazing Member

Admittedly I am a modern comic fan but I am really enjoying this book. I am about 200 pages into it currently.