View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 583 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 834835335735795805815825835845855865875936336831083 ... LastLast
Results 8,731 to 8,745 of 21672
    Spectacular Member Lake Nowhere's Avatar

I'm excited that they're going to start collecting Marz's Kyle Rayner Green Lantern run, but I wish they'd pack more issues into these things. It'll take forever to publish the complete run.

Next up: Kesel's Superboy!

Mighty Member

Do y'all think they'll include Tommy Taylor and the ship that sank twice in the upcoming vertigo deluxes? Going to sell off my set and wonder if I should keep this or not.

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lake Nowhere View Post
    I'm excited that they're going to start collecting Marz's Kyle Rayner Green Lantern run, but I wish they'd pack more issues into these things. It'll take forever to publish the complete run.

Next up: Kesel's Superboy!
    Don't forget that DC solicits recently have only listed about half of what was eventually collected. Both Robin volumes were listed for about 6 issues and ended up with about 14.

Spectacular Member Lake Nowhere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Valentino View Post
    Don't forget that DC solicits recently have only listed about half of what was eventually collected. Both Robin volumes were listed for about 6 issues and ended up with about 14.
    Good point, here's hoping. It would make sense to at least collect 48-60, as well as #0.

BANNED

Very happy to see Brian K Vaughan's Batman hardcover, Lil'Gotham Hardcover and above all else: Wonder Woman Golden Age Omnibus!!!

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Do y'all think they'll include Tommy Taylor and the ship that sank twice in the upcoming vertigo deluxes? Going to sell off my set and wonder if I should keep this or not.
    It's certainly possible. They've been including the Fables original graphic novels in those deluxe editions, so I can't think of why the same wouldn't happen here. But, like the stock market, past experience isn't always the most reliable guide to future performance when it comes to these things

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    It's certainly possible. They've been including the Fables original graphic novels in those deluxe editions, so I can't think of why the same wouldn't happen here. But, like the stock market, past experience isn't always the most reliable guide to future performance when it comes to these things
    Yeah that's how my thinking has went. I was hoping for an overwhelming response one way or another to make up my mind. Oh well lol.

Was finally able to finish Lemire's Green Arrow deluxe. And I have to say that I have to take back some of my earlier words, since I totally loved it! I guess I just had to get used to Sorrentino's art, though I still think some of his things didn't work for me. Great great story and makes we want to keep on reading some more superhero stories right away. Perhaps I should finally dig into some of my Marvel books I have bought but never read.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I wish I could hug and thank everyone in DC's collected editions department. They've really stepped up their game to please fans.

Waid Flash, COIE Companion, Legends Companion, Norm Batman Vol 2, JSA Complete, etc.

Never will a bankruptcy be so fun with all the trades I'm gonna buy.

The future Batman & Robin HC with B&R 1-16 and The Return is a good sign for Batman Inc fans unwilling to shell out for the Absolute, because I think this B&R HC means that the Inc Absolute directors cut contents will see a similar regular sized infinitely cheaper release.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 03-25-2016 at 07:13 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I wish I could hug and thank everyone in DC's collected editions department. They've really stepped up their game to please fans.

Waid Flash, COIE Companion, Legends Companion, Norm Batman Vol 2, JSA Complete, etc.

The future Batman & Robin HC with B&R 1-16 and The Return is a good sign for Batman Inc fans unwilling to shell out for the Absolute, because I think this B&R HC means that the Inc Absolute directors cut contents will see a similar regular sized infinitely cheaper release.
    Waid Flash ? Hardback or thick tpb ?

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post

JSA complete? Do you just mean the 3 johns omnis or something else?

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

[QUOTE=Tony;1881287]I don't remember who was thinking about GA Wonder Woman but the omnibus is on the way.

http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.co...d=1&savecook=1

On another page the Wonder Woman 75 year celebration as well.

Out of the 170 books I'm thinking about 10, glad to see Francis Manapul omni back on track.[/QUOTE

The Wonder Woman Golden age omnibus is a must have, we also need Omnibus for original Captain Marvel comics and the original All Star Comics with the golden age JSA.
    Last edited by Johnny Thunders!; 03-25-2016 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    JSA complete? Do you just mean the 3 johns omnis or something else?
    Sorry, meant the Justice Society of America: The Complete 1992 Series by Strazewski.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by sax View Post
    Waid Flash ? Hardback or thick tpb ?
    Softcover volumes it seems, regular sized....just like the Perez TT softcovers I think.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Very happy to see Brian K Vaughan's Batman hardcover, Lil'Gotham Hardcover and above all else: Wonder Woman Golden Age Omnibus!!!
    Vaughan's Batman did nothing for me storywise. Finished my Superheavy Hardcover yesterday and it was easily the best read since Snyder's Black Mirror for me. I'm a huge Gordon fan and was a little disappointed on that front... but was surprised how much I enjoyed the overall story and the direction for Bruce. Capullo's art and the coloring... magnificent.