View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 591 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 914915415815875885895905915925935945956016416911091 ... LastLast
Results 8,851 to 8,865 of 21671
    Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Thanks. I read the first 12 issues and thought it was pretty good, especially the art. Just pre-ordered the upcoming omnibus!
    You've already read the best parts, honestly. The Grodd arc is okay, but it's overlong and the art is really inconsistent. And again, Reverse Flash is painfully bad.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    You've already read the best parts, honestly. The Grodd arc is okay, but it's overlong and the art is really inconsistent. And again, Reverse Flash is painfully bad.
    Oh well I sold my single issues and the first hardcover of the series and really want to read that first part again. It'd be awesome to see those double page spreads in larger format in a better binding.

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Thanks guys. Just ordered johns flash tpb book 1. Is the reverse flash in this vol or is it in vol 2 or 3? And who/what is the black flash on the cover for miller/morrison collection comming up? is that a good buy?

Yes, they're entertaining stories and to tell you who the black flash is would be a spoiler. LOL.

Thanks guys. Just ordered johns flash tpb book 1. Is the reverse flash in this vol or is it in vol 2 or 3? And who/what is the black flash on the cover for miller/morrison collection comming up? is that a good buy?
    from what I remember Johns' run starts a bit slow but picks up after the first storyline. I only have Blood runs tp (new edition with Iron Hights) and then vol 2 and 3 of the omni. Blitz is in the 2nd omni so probably will be in the 2nd or 3rd trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    from what I remember Johns' run starts a bit slow but picks up after the first storyline. I only have Blood runs tp (new edition with Iron Hights) and then vol 2 and 3 of the omni. Blitz is in the 2nd omni so probably will be in the 2nd or 3rd trade.
    For me, John's run started strong, really lagged in the beginning of the second vol and then became it's best toward the end of the second omnibus and through the third.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Oh well I sold my single issues and the first hardcover of the series and really want to read that first part again. It'd be awesome to see those double page spreads in larger format in a better binding.
    Oh, then you're fine. The earlier bits are certainly worth having in OHC.
    Cyclops was right

You guys and your johns flash omnis...lucky bastards

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

You guys and your johns flash omnis...lucky bastards
    Yeah, I'm with you 'bro. The Flash Johns Omnis are the only DC Omnis I missed out on and kind of regret not picking up, Oh and maybe Infinite Crisis. Out of all the others, I have those I want.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I haven't read my copy of the trade yet (it's in the mail), but I read the single issues years ago. I remember a solid premise and good art, but like so many other company wide crossovers, didn't really pan out as planned. I'm not sure of the behind-the-scenes reasons, but I'm gonna go with the time honored explanation of editorial interference...
    If Perez wrote it and the art gets by, it can't be that bad. I'm surprised there's no volume 2 WW Omnibus. Why the softcover?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    If Perez wrote it and the art gets by, it can't be that bad. I'm surprised there's no volume 2 WW Omnibus. Why the softcover?
    I want to say a Vol. 2 popped up Amazon fishing, but I may be wrong. With the material left to finish Perez' run, it's either going to require 2 much smaller volumes, or 1 much bigger one.

Either way they're gonna look odd next to each other on the shelf. And require a double-dip on "War of the Gods".
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Yes, they're entertaining stories and to tell you who the black flash is would be a spoiler. LOL.
    Thanks for not ruining it for me then! I should of known it would be!. Ive always been interested in the flash and since watching the lastest episode of the flash tv series i'm dying to read some. I was gonna wait out for a deal on johns flash omni but I can no longer contain myself and just bought the first tpb one and will get the other 2 when they are out. Also will be getting the waid one comming and the miller/morrison one. And the new 52 omni and will most likely pick up the remaining hcs even though alot of people didnt like it I read it till about #35 or so and almost enjoyed everything. Besides those what else is there to get? I most likely get the broome omni since vol 2 is comming, never read a silver age book yet but its flash so I dont see how it could go wrong :P

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I want to say a Vol. 2 popped up Amazon fishing, but I may be wrong. With the material left to finish Perez' run, it's either going to require 2 much smaller volumes, or 1 much bigger one.

Either way they're gonna look odd next to each other on the shelf. And require a double-dip on "War of the Gods".
    You're remembering correctly. There was a fish not too long ago.

Thanks for not ruining it for me then! I should of known it would be!. Ive always been interested in the flash and since watching the lastest episode of the flash tv series i'm dying to read some. I was gonna wait out for a deal on johns flash omni but I can no longer contain myself and just bought the first tpb one and will get the other 2 when they are out. Also will be getting the waid one comming and the miller/morrison one. And the new 52 omni and will most likely pick up the remaining hcs even though alot of people didnt like it I read it till about #35 or so and almost enjoyed everything. Besides those what else is there to get? I most likely get the broome omni since vol 2 is comming, never read a silver age book yet but its flash so I dont see how it could go wrong :P
    The truth is, that whole damn post-Crisis run from issue # 1 through the end of Johns's run is badass. I haven't looked on EBay lately but I bet you could scoop up the whole thing for about $200, which would be cheaper than trying to patchwork a partial collection with just the trades and HCs.

That said I haven't heard a whole lot of good about the new 52 series. I haven't personally read it, though.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wonder-Woman...ywords=omnibus

Very good preorder price on amazon.co.uk

Morrison JLA. Not Flash centric but he is in it and gets damn good scenes...just like everyone in his run.
    He also has a big role in New Frontier, love that book.
    And you can get a lot of Jay Garick in the JSA omnis.