View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 599 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 994995495895955965975985996006016026036096496991099 ... LastLast
Results 8,971 to 8,985 of 21672
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    They reprint many Absolutes and Omnibuses, but not all of them. DC is pretty good about reprinting most stuff. They just reprinted the Golden Age Superman Omnibus and an Absolute Hush reprint is coming. It seems like if they put out a new premium edition they don't reprint the different premium editions. So you're not going to find those Planetary Absolutes easily, but the Omnibus is still available.
    Good to hear that they are better than Marvel at keeping things in print. Especially for us who are late to the party.

Any chances of an Absolute Blackest Night reprint?
    Last edited by Punjabi_Hitman; 04-08-2016 at 07:17 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    Good to hear that they are better than Marvel at keeping things in print. Especially for us who are late to the party.

Any chances of an Absolute Blackest Night reprint?
    Absolute Rebirth and Sinestro Corps War are still in print for now, as is Brightest Day. If DC thinks they're going to be able to keep selling those as Absolutes, there's always a chance they'll reprint Absolute Blackest Night. However, they've already moved on to three volumes of Johns' Green Lantern in Omnibus form, the second of which collects all of that Blackest Night material I believe. So with the Omnibuses coming out, I wouldn't say it's very likely that Absolute Blackest Night will go back in print. But we'll never know for certain. It's just an educated guess based on past publishing patterns.

Incredible Member

Incidentally, I also have a GL question. I've got the first two omni's, loved the first one, haven't gotten around to reading the second and have the third on pre-order... My question is-- Do I need the third one? I'm trying to limit my purchases a bit this year and with my backlog, it'll be ages until I get to it anyway. Does the second one end in such a way that it'll feel complete without the third?

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    Incidentally, I also have a GL question. I've got the first two omni's, loved the first one, haven't gotten around to reading the second and have the third on pre-order... My question is-- Do I need the third one? I'm trying to limit my purchases a bit this year and with my backlog, it'll be ages until I get to it anyway. Does the second one end in such a way that it'll feel complete without the third?
    Well I have the same as you, the firtst two and am awaiting the third. The third is mainly brightest day tie ins(which brightest day is not included). The rest of the omni is new52 GL by johns. Id thikn youd as need the brightest day event to understand it. Then to better understand brightday you'd need jutice league generation lost. Not sure if the JL if requried reading but ill definitely be picking it up, its only two hcs.

Spectacular Member TheYoungWolf's Avatar

so even if you have all 3 GL omnis it still isnt complete? wth lol those things are massive i assumed everything would be included

Its complete in the sense that its Green Lantern by Geoff Johns. Which is exactly what it says on the tin.

BANNED

Are there any implicaitons that iZombie Omni and Absolute GA+GL is getting OOP? Some Amazon UK Sellers are having "few copies left" so i'm a bit worried.

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post
    so even if you have all 3 GL omnis it still isnt complete? wth lol those things are massive i assumed everything would be included
    Brightest Day is standalone and has no bearing on the main Green Lantern book; it's simply branding like Marvel's "Heroic Age" or "Dark Reign." Justice League Generation Lost has even less to do with anything else.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Well I have the same as you, the firtst two and am awaiting the third. The third is mainly brightest day tie ins(which brightest day is not included). The rest of the omni is new52 GL by johns. Id thikn youd as need the brightest day event to understand it. Then to better understand brightday you'd need jutice league generation lost. Not sure if the JL if requried reading but ill definitely be picking it up, its only two hcs.
    You don't need Brightest Day at all. It has nothing to do with GL, aside from what happens to the white Lantern, which is irrelevant to the GL books.
    Cyclops was right

Mighty Member

So yay or nay on Final Crisis. I was about to pull the trigger on the absolute to supplement my B&R Reborn/Batman Inc, but the abundance of negative reviews on Amazon (which is unusual, because according to amazon reviews you'd think everything was awesome) caused me to pause. TBH i'm done with Morrison's incoherent works, and i'm afraid this might fall into that category.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    So yay or nay on Final Crisis. I was about to pull the trigger on the absolute to supplement my B&R Reborn/Batman Inc, but the abundance of negative reviews on Amazon (which is unusual, because according to amazon reviews you'd think everything was awesome) caused me to pause. TBH i'm done with Morrison's incoherent works, and i'm afraid this might fall into that category.
    Maybe someone can correct me, but I heard that many copies of Absolute Final Crisis had pages falling out.
    That's what stopped me from buying, but I'd be delighted to hear that I'm wrong.

Mighty Member

Yeah i've heard about the build issues, but have also heard enough that is was fine to role the dice if the story is worthy.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    It's definitely on the crazier side of Morrissonia.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post
    As other members already mentioned, Brightest Day has no bearing on the GL books. My biggest gripe with GL omnis is the lack of GLC episodes. Sure, the cover says 'GL by Geoff Johns', but I hoped\wished they would collect the whole story, and not focus on GL title alone. I found GLC episodes to be generally more fun than their GL counterpart.

Quote Originally Posted by pjerooo View Post
    As other members already mentioned, Brightest Day has no bearing on the GL books. My biggest gripe with GL omnis is the lack of GLC episodes. Sure, the cover says 'GL by Geoff Johns', but I hoped\wished they would collect the whole story, and not focus on GL title alone. I found GLC episodes to be generally more fun than their GL counterpart.
    The Corps issues that were included were great. It didn't seem like I lost out on any story by not having any more and the books have to be what they actually are after all. They should release a decent collection of that series though.