View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 603 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1035035535935996006016026036046056066076136537031103 ... LastLast
Results 9,031 to 9,045 of 21673
    Fantastic Member

Has anyone made a list of other collections that would enhance the reading of the 3 GL omnibuses? I don't care about flipping back and forth through different books, and if other collections would help with my enjoyment of the 3 Johns books, I'd like to get them.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I didn't read Johns GL run after Blackest Night, so I'm glad people are addressing Vol 3. I will be curious to see what the Amazon reviews say about readability.

I will be happy if Vol 3 is readable enough. If the missing stuff is too in your face, then I will be irked.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I didn't read Johns GL run after Blackest Night, so I'm glad people are addressing Vol 3. I will be curious to see what the Amazon reviews say about readability.

I will be happy if Vol 3 is readable enough. If the missing stuff is too in your face, then I will be irked.
    You should be plenty happy, then.

It's frustrating that certain posters are so committed to perpetuating false information...

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post
    You should be plenty happy, then.

It's frustrating that certain posters are so committed to perpetuating false information...
    Ill admit I've only skimmed the crossover trades, but at the very least the New Guardians issues seemed to have quite a bit of impact on the story, considering that's where all the Kyle Rayner stuff is. There's no reason to be rude because people are annoyed about missing content.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Ill admit I've only skimmed the crossover trades, but at the very least the New Guardians issues seemed to have quite a bit of impact on the story, considering that's where all the Kyle Rayner stuff is. There's no reason to be rude because people are annoyed about missing content.
    I'm not being rude; merely frustrated that certain posters (well, one poster) are incorrectly depicting the contents of this book, knowingly and repeatedly.

There have been numerous posters supporting that this book reads fine without the tie-ins, and that they are unnecessary to understanding and enjoying John's story. I would hate for people who haven't read the book to pass on picking it up because of erroneous information.

I've read a lot of this book's content as it came out and dropped everything after one or two issues except the main GL title and didn't have a problem following the story just reading that.
    Maybe I've skimmed through some of the Rise of the 3rd Army crossover stuff but can't remember a single thing from them, it wasn't like Sinestro Corps war. To be honest I wasn't a big fan of that event.

All-New Member

Since getting the first Johns GL Omni, I have now purchased 22 HCs & TPBs to compliment it...so, slippery slope. Prior to this I had only read a handful of Green Lantern stories, but I dove in head first this time.

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post
    I'm not being rude; merely frustrated that certain posters (well, one poster) are incorrectly depicting the contents of this book, knowingly and repeatedly.

There have been numerous posters supporting that this book reads fine without the tie-ins, and that they are unnecessary to understanding and enjoying John's story. I would hate for people who haven't read the book to pass on picking it up because of erroneous information.
    And yet you haven't addressed specific examples brought up, instead falling back on vague "It reads just fine, I promise" blanket statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    And yet you haven't addressed specific examples brought up, instead falling back on vague "It reads just fine, I promise" blanket statements.
    You didn't cite specific examples; you referenced one single example that wasn't specific at all.

I think the swell of posts in agreement that you don't need the tie ins more than solidifies my point.

It's fine if you don't want the book as it is; don't buy it. I'm just lending perspective for those people who aren't familiar with the material, and I think I've about exhausted this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I've read a lot of this book's content as it came out and dropped everything after one or two issues except the main GL title and didn't have a problem following the story just reading that.
    Maybe I've skimmed through some of the Rise of the 3rd Army crossover stuff but can't remember a single thing from them, it wasn't like Sinestro Corps war. To be honest I wasn't a big fan of that event.
    Did you prefer Blackest Night? I often hear people praise that, which I loved, but I was blown away by the Sinestro Corps war. It was my favourite part of the two omnibuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    Did you prefer Blackest Night? I often hear people praise that, which I loved, but I was blown away by the Sinestro Corps war. It was my favourite part of the two omnibuses.
    Oh sorry I meant I wasn't a fan of Rise of the 3rd Army but I really liked SCW. And Blackest night too.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

How is the Earth One Line overall? I'm curious about the Lemire Teen Titan books. I have the first volumes of Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. I'm wondering if the later Batman and Superman volumes are worth checking out too.
    Last edited by Johnny Thunders!; 04-16-2016 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Oh sorry I meant I wasn't a fan of Rise of the 3rd Army but I really liked SCW. And Blackest night too.
    My bad, after re-reading your comment I realise I misunderstood.

Is there enough issues for a Green Lantern Corps omnibus? The issues included in the Johns omnibuses are really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    My bad, after re-reading your comment I realise I misunderstood.

Is there enough issues for a Green Lantern Corps omnibus? The issues included in the Johns omnibuses are really good.
    I posted this a while ago. This is my idea for a GLC Omnibus, but only by Tomasi.

A Green Lantern Corps Omnibus by Tomasi could be really awesome! His run was even better than Geoff's at some points. They could also throw in there his Emerald Warriors run and make it huge omnibus like Invisibles and Teen Titans. Aaaaand, it could be a companion omnibus to Johns so that there wouldn't be any need to include the tie-ins to War of the Green Lanterns or Sinestro Corps War that take up a lot of space.

The book could contain:
    - Green Lantern Corps Vol. 2 #19, #20, #23-47
    - Emerald Warriors #1-#7 and #11-13
    - Green Lantern Corps Vol. 3 #0-20

For a total of 58 issues... That would be huge, but we've had them even fatter.

And they could even use the same spine design from the Johns Omnis, so that we have on our shelves 4 books with the some boring design.

Another option could be two omnis with GLC from Recharge to Tomasi's final issue.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    How is the Earth One Line overall? I'm curious about the Lemire Teen Titan books. I have the first volumes of Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. I'm wondering if the later Batman and Superman volumes are worth checking out too.
    Titans is incredibly underwhelming. It felt like Lemire wasn't even trying. Far from his best work. Lemire just isn't good with team books.
    Cyclops was right