View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 604 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1045045545946006016026036046056066076086146547041104 ... LastLast
Results 9,046 to 9,060 of 21671
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    I posted this a while ago. This is my idea for a GLC Omnibus, but only by Tomasi.
    And Recharge #1-5 and Corps #1-17 (with the fill-in in #7-9 or without) would also be a good collection of Gibbons's story, which is why I don't like that half of it is in the Johns Omnibus and it's not even needed there (I don't buy Ominibi anyway, so if they ever do this stuff in trades I hope GLC would not be included). I think I heard that Johns's participation in Recharge was minimal and the Sinestro Corps GLC issues tell more separate story from GL ones than it would seem.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    How is the Earth One Line overall? I'm curious about the Lemire Teen Titan books. I have the first volumes of Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. I'm wondering if the later Batman and Superman volumes are worth checking out too.
    I would say Bats Earth One Vol 1 & 2 is worth buying for Gary Frank alone and I liked Vol 2 even more than 1. Plus Geoff Johns is collaborating with Ben Affleck on the next solo Batman movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    How is the Earth One Line overall? I'm curious about the Lemire Teen Titan books. I have the first volumes of Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. I'm wondering if the later Batman and Superman volumes are worth checking out too.
    Batman Volume 2 was same quality as number uno but was considered better by large majority of readers, because I think by volume 2 people finally accepted that this is a different take on Batman. Superman volumes 2 and 3 we're meh, but at the same time the 1st one was sort of meh too, so their quality hasn't really changed that much.

I liked the Lemire TT book, it was the TT seen as Brotherhood of Mutants.

I was thinking, because the Earth one line has basically the biggest names at the company, I think there is a big chance we might see an omnibus or absolutes in a year or two.
    I would say an omnibus would feel better. Maybe one with all the vol1-s now that WW came out too.
    While I'm interested in TT I would hesitate to pick it up because JMS's Superman was just...bleh. Both story and art failed in my opinion.

Comiclist just published DC's weekly update circulated to retailers earlier this week, and it confirms that the third Starman paperback is cancelled (and it's also no longer listed on the Diamond website too). In amongst the reprints were these two:

52 OMNIBUS HC (2nd printing)
    THE INVISIBLES OMNIBUS HC (3th printing)

That's 52 Omnibus is the weekly series by the way, not the New 52 first issues omni.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Comiclist just published DC's weekly update circulated to retailers earlier this week, and it confirms that the third Starman paperback is cancelled (and it's also no longer listed on the Diamond website too). In amongst the reprints were these two:

That's 52 Omnibus is the weekly series by the way, not the New 52 first issues omni.
    this Starman business is ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    this Starman business is ridiculous
    I'd have liked to have seen it too, but I'm guessing there weren't enough orders for DC to make money on it. We can't really blame them if that's the case.

I'd have liked to have seen it too, but I'm guessing there weren't enough orders for DC to make money on it. We can't really blame them if that's the case.
    wasn't vol3 somehow always a bit rare? Or underprinted? DC publishes so many books, I can't believe they can't put out a line of cheap Starman trades at least. It's a very critically acclaimed run. Maybe the character is just not relevant currently?
    Probably there is a good reason but I'm just annoyed that I can't buy the complete run under 200 pounds (well I could have but by the time I got the money it was gone).

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

That's not an excuse. This is the third time they've solicited it. Just do a short print run and be done with it.
    Cyclops was right

Yes! I've been wantingn 52, bit I haven't found a good deal for it.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Yes! I've been wantingn 52, bit I haven't found a good deal for it.
    It's still available at CGN for 40% off.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    wasn't vol3 somehow always a bit rare? Or underprinted?
    I'm not sure. A quick look at Amazon shows that the 3rd hardcover does have higher asking asking prices than the others, but that could be for a variety of reasons (e.g. sellers raising prices now that it's almost certain there'll never be a paperback version).

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    That's not an excuse. This is the third time they've solicited it. Just do a short print run and be done with it.
    Something not making a profit is probably the most valid excuse a business has for not doing something. DC has asked the market twice if it's interested in a paperback version of Starman vol 3, and that's one more time than they normally ask. It looks like the market has twice said no. And doing a small print run doesn't help DC either, because small runs are most costly per book than bigger runs, reducing their profit further; assuming the books sell well to make a profit in the first place.

Just so everyone is clear:

SPOILERS:

Green Lantern #0, 13-16 is part of "Rise of the Third Army" and deals with this supposed great big new threat, the Third Army, who is seen taking over and getting more powerful each issue. In issue #16 Simon Baz is able to stave off a few of the third army with the help of the squirrel Green Lantern and then they fly off into space to figure out how to stop the bigger threat of all the rest of them.

Then issue #17 opens with Baz in chains, held captive by the Black Hand. A bunch of stuff is alluded to as having happened (and not in a "this is a narrative construct where we will flashback to see the events that brought us here" kind of way) but we have no idea of the details or how Baz actually got in this predicament. Also the great threat, the Third Army, is never mentioned or seen again, we have no idea if/how/why they were defeated.
    Last edited by Balakin; 04-17-2016 at 02:57 PM. Reason: spoilers!

Still no reason to upgrade from the original 4 tpb's unless DC actually comes to their senses and includes the commentaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Maliblue View Post
    It's still available at CGN for 40% off.
    A. That's not a good deal. And B. CGN is an awful company which has damage every single order I've gotten from them, has stupidly expensive shipping, horrible packaging, and an absurd return policy.
    Cyclops was right