View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 616 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1165165666066126136146156166176186196206266667161116 ... LastLast
Results 9,226 to 9,240 of 21674
    Mighty Member

Yeah dc has been really cheap with there deluxe books lately. I think im about done. Ive been looking for a decent price on the absolute for a while, so i said fuck it and just bought this even though i knew better.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    I just bought it. What was the error?
    Text was missing from page 104 (the first page of the Apokolips interlude).
    Last edited by Hypo; 05-12-2016 at 06:02 AM.

gah, what the hell is wrong with DC!? First the GC omni with the black cover now this. Can't even imagine how bad the paper could be. Not sure if I will get this or not.

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    I just flipped through the Kingdom Come deluxe edition. For those thinking of getting it... don't. For a cover price of 39.99, they give you a deluxe with really, really crappy paper. I haven't seen paper this thin since... jeeze, it's thinner than the latest deluxe that they've released (eg: Snyder's Swamp Thing, Superman Unchained, etc). For me, I'm not someone who usually cares about this sort of stuff. Just be decent, and I'm good. But I don't know. I really think the paper might be as bad as the paper in The Dark Knight Saga deluxe they released a couple months ago. But at least that release had a printed cover. For a 20th anniversary, they really didn't even try. Same black cardboard covers like previous DC releases (Really, would it have killed to splash a little bit of foil or something on the lettering for a 20th anniversary edition?). The only thing that's kind of cool is the dustcover. To accomodate the landscape image + credits, they made the dustcover an extra inch or so longer on each side. Binding is okay for what it is but it's still glued to the back. It's just so... ugh. Just no respect for Superman, I tell ya!

Just buy the Absolute. And even that has its issues. The only reason I don't return this, is because I'm a shithead and I am a sucker for anything Kingdom Come, where I feel I have to own it in every format. (I now own the regular trade, the Graphitti HC, the Absolute and now this.)

Yuck. I was planning on getting this... will just save up and track down the Absolute now. Thank you for the pics!

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

I ordered it. I'm not paying 80+ bucks on a book that shirt, Bo matter how much I like Waid and Ross. Any absoulte shorter than 12 issues is a total waste of money IMO.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    gah, what the hell is wrong with DC!? First the GC omni with the black cover now this. Can't even imagine how bad the paper could be. Not sure if I will get this or not.
    i'm beginning to lose interest in comics, i have said it before but i may just switch to absolutes and LE's only, i have just decided (for the 2nd time) to pretty much sell of my Marvel stuff, it just holds no interest (and i can make some good coin out of them)

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    i'm beginning to lose interest in comics, i have said it before but i may just switch to absolutes and LE's only, i have just decided (for the 2nd time) to pretty much sell of my Marvel stuff, it just holds no interest (and i can make some good coin out of them)
    I will be interested for a list of your Marvel Omni, don't hesitate to PM me.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Text was missing from page 104 (the first page of the Apokolips interlude).
    Oh. Yeah that page is fine.

Is there an exact date or specific release, where DC decided to go cheap with their Deluxe editions? I remember the Ronin deluxe (late 2014?) actually had a glossy wraparound cover under the dust jacket. It even had paper specific to the color requirements of the source material. That may have been the last era of quality for the deluxe line.

Quote Originally Posted by banky View Post
    Is there an exact date or specific release, where DC decided to go cheap with their Deluxe editions? I remember the Ronin deluxe (late 2014?) actually had a glossy wraparound cover under the dust jacket. It even had paper specific to the color requirements of the source material. That may have been the last era of quality for the deluxe line.
    nah they go back and forth. Older deluxes always got the crappy black cardboard cover then they started doing the printed, laminated covers but all of a sudden now we are back to cardboard. Or not. Like Gothic has the black cover but Vinanarama/KYB is printed and that came after Gothic. Or Trinity, that's printed as well and I didn't have too much problem with the paper either.
    Paperstock never been really good. Same with the binding, they re usually not spectacular.
    Recently people said nice things about the latest Scalped deluxe but then we got this KC dlx which is just....erh.

Incredibly disappointed about Kingdom Come Deluxe. I shouldn't have bought it until I saw pictures. Every OHC they've done this year has had a sewn binding that is separated from the spine. Why is this one different? To my knowledge, all of their deluxe editions released this year also had printed boards, and now this has the plain black?

Mighty Member

How is johns teen titans omni? Hamilton book has it for $50.

Spectacular Member TheYoungWolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    i wanna pull the trigger on this but its just so f*cking big lol. it'd be a drag to read. im hoping they eventually split it into 2 or 3 deluxes soon.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Ooh, thanks! Grabbing it. Anything else good there?

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post
    i wanna pull the trigger on this but its just so f*cking big lol. it'd be a drag to read. im hoping they eventually split it into 2 or 3 deluxes soon.
    Doubtful. I don't recall any DC omnibus books - Vertigo not included - that were later released into OHCs.