View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 617 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1175175676076136146156166176186196206216276677171117 ... LastLast
Results 9,241 to 9,255 of 21672
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by doolittle View Post
    Ooh, thanks! Grabbing it. Anything else good there?
    Good is always subjective lol, but i've recently gotten Johns' Hawkman Omni, House of Secrets Omni, Absolute For Tomorrow and Absolute Final Crisis. All were $30 or less. They have many other OHC's and paperbacks, but DC doesn't remainder mark their books so i usually stick with those unless it's something i HAVE to have.

My haul over the past month. Mostly from IST although I grabbed a few from my LCS on FCBD since they were 50 percent off.
    I had finally caught up on pretty much everything I had to read. Now I'm waaaaay behind.

Attachment 35652

Attachment 35653

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post
    i wanna pull the trigger on this but its just so f*cking big lol. it'd be a drag to read. im hoping they eventually split it into 2 or 3 deluxes soon.
    it was a drag to read but not because of the size. It's too disjointed with all the tie ins. It might be a good companion to the event books with a few Titans stories that work on their own and with an insufferable Beast boy mini but I sold it immediately.

Incredible Member

Did The Dark Knight Master race#4 collector's edition ever go up for sale? I can't seem to find it anywhere. By the way, am I the only one who is truly enjoying this story?

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Still no word on a Multiversity or Absolute Sandman Overture? Those Deluxe Editions sound pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    Still no word on a Multiversity or Absolute Sandman Overture? Those Deluxe Editions sound pretty good.
    the deluxes barely came out, I don't think we will hear anything about absolutes for a good while.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Did The Dark Knight Master race#4 collector's edition ever go up for sale? I can't seem to find it anywhere. By the way, am I the only one who is truly enjoying this story?
    No and no. It's actually pretty compelling. I'm not surprised tho that it's been delayed. Put Frank Miller up there with Jim Lee and John Cassidy who can't get their shit together and make deadlines.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    the deluxes barely came out, I don't think we will hear anything about absolutes for a good while.
    That's true but in the case of Sandman I think DC knows there are collectors waiting specifically for an absolute version, so I wouldn't be surprised if imthat one came out sooner rather than later.

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    I think issue 4 HC comes out this Wednesday.

BANNED

I just got The All Star Batman and Robin The Boy Wonder HC... i was talking about it with a friend and this sudden urge of owning it as HC possessed me and BAM! I pulled the triger... i actually own it as single issues (even the Frank Miller covers) but they are out of my reach right now so i also got the HC... I know that this series got alot of hate but i like it... the parts where Batman treated Robin badly kind of bugged me too, but when they become the dynamic duo, it was alot of fun to read as far as i remember...(it has been 11 years since i first read it)

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier76 View Post
    I think issue 4 HC comes out this Wednesday.
    Yes, May the 18th, and I really enjoy this story too, as well as All Star Batman and Robin The Boy Wonder.
    Last edited by vark; 05-14-2016 at 02:07 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    No and no. It's actually pretty compelling. I'm not surprised tho that it's been delayed. Put Frank Miller up there with Jim Lee and John Cassidy who can't get their shit together and make deadlines.
    I thought it was Andy Kubert and Brian Azzarello? Not that I know specifically as I haven't been reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Enormouse View Post
    I thought it was Andy Kubert and Brian Azzarello? Not that I know specifically as I haven't been reading.
    Miller is co-writing and doing the writing and art for the back-up stories. If his name is attached, it's going to be late.

I finished the recent flash tpb by miller and morrison and while I liked it I much prefer geoff johns flash. Before that I read morrison's batman gothic and while I enojyed it it wasn't special like his flash book. Are these not good morrison books or maybe I just don't like him. IDk ive though about diving into his batman and JLA but don't want to if they are like his flash/batman gothic.

On the subject can't wait for geoff johns flash book 2 tpb comming out this month!

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Miller admitted to having nothing to do with the main story of DKRIII. It's all Azz.
    Cyclops was right